Tompetrez Realtalk on HipHop...

Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    killarmy silent weapons is underated also. too many bangers on that album. that was my 10th grade ? . i liked the whole dark mission like vibe of the album. i used to think beretta 9 and islord were dope on the whole album. masta killa rips that 5 stars to shreds. i think its possibly one of his greatest verses
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i will always hold the upmost respect for x no matter how many rocks he smokes.

he saved def jam in 1998. he took them from near bankruptcy to a profitable machine. warren g and dmx are the backbone of def jam in the 1990s. g funk era saved def jam from being absorbed into columbia records in 94 and dmx jumpstarted the label again in 98 when master p and puff ruled hip hop. in 1998 act alone grossed like 210-225 million revenue for def jam. lyles, russ, lyor stabbed and ll in the back and sold the label to polygram. smmfh.

dmx put grimy records back on a commercial scale. i remember when the top 40 white pop station used to play get at me dog and stop being greedy right after a backstreet boys song. u dudes gotta remember that it was basically mase and puffy on the ? radio non stop. that shiny suit ? was gettin played out. even camel knowles put that loud ass kiwi night at the roxbury suit on in the sunshine video. smmfh again. dmx made cycling big in the black community. there are ruff ryder chapters almost in every city. we used to have a ruff ryder merchandise store here in houston. i think we may still have a rr cycle service station. x held the east coast down after biggie death. not jay z or puffy.

co sign with all of yall behind x emotions. slippin is one of my favorite songs no matter the genre. dude been through real ? lets you peep it on his rhymes. dmx was the last of the "real" rappers who didnt have to talk about material items to create an album. matter of fact i dont remember ever hearing dmx brag about his wealth. he's talented. i wish he can kick the drugs. i really do.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    march 9th is just another day to me. why ? acting like biggie was a saint. biggie set pac up to get robbed and killed in manhattan in 94. biggie paid the rollin 60s to ? pac. live by the gun die by the gun
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    march 9th is just another day to me. why ? acting like biggie was a saint. biggie set pac up to get robbed and killed in manhattan in 94. biggie paid the rollin 60s to ? pac. live by the gun die by the gun
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    way to set the new decade off tip

its time for him to cement his legacy
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    good thread. i got a couple i wondered about also

i know on the early crips and bloods tapes they had certain words backspun and distorted i could never figure out.

ice cube on predator "in 90 ***** ? aint quite the same ? got a brand new game.

prodigy verse on in the long run "? a ****** keith murray and his whole click". and then "? immigrant ****** for 2 cents"

and cormega freestyle on funkmaster flex 2. "the firm volume number ***** on flex ? "

also i have a japan version vinyl of fugees the score. on the beast track they edited the part where wyclef said "look in my rear view mirror and saw ********* (blue thunder). but the rest of the album has profanity.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    good thread. i got a couple i wondered about also

i know on the early crips and bloods tapes they had certain words backspun and distorted i could never figure out.

ice cube on predator "in 90 ***** ? aint quite the same ? got a brand new game.

prodigy verse on in the long run "? a ****** keith murray and his whole click". and then "? immigrant ****** for 2 cents"

and cormega freestyle on funkmaster flex 2. "the firm volume number ***** on flex ? "

also i have a japan version vinyl of fugees the score. on the beast track they edited the part where wyclef said "look in my rear view mirror and saw ********* (blue thunder). but the rest of the album has profanity.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? been in the game 12 years and havent dropped a classic album. every ludacris album is the same formula tired punchlines+stacco rapid fire+women+jokes. i put his music in the same novelty category with afroman, gorillaz and madd rapper cause that comedy ? is lame. i havent heard 1 ludacris album that has any replay value. you georgia ? speak for yallselves. he isnt king of the south material. he isnt even top 20 south doa. he just a class clown rapper like will smith used to be only ludacris hasnt dropped classic bangers like fresh prince. he's not even funny. generic comic view ? .

this battle of the sexes ? is lame too. why do yall ? eat for ? on a silver platter called a "concept". there is no ? concept to this album. same old lame trickin ? sdtk. bottles and models. gtfoh. ludacris lost his male fan base on the 2nd album so he playing catch up catering to these ? . all that ? do is rap about ? now. my chick bad? maaaaan that ugly ass pale faced ? . and ludacris claim she can knock a ? out like tiger woods wife. niggar please. i keep telling yall ? . dudes that rap about ? all the time are living bicuriously through the fantasy of being a woman.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Why because it was universally accepted thanks to Nas verse on Ether that Em murdered him on his own ? ? For the longest I belived it too because Nas said it, but after getting older and listening it's closer than people think. This is the same thing people will believe about Horse having a better verse than Nas on Ochie Wally.

because he did murder the camel on his own ? . blueprint 1 leaked mid july of 2001. renegade had napster on fire. it was a consensus way before ether was even thought about that em outshined jay z.

what did jay z do on the track? ride it like a ? . swerving from bar to bar with an uneasy and awkward delivery. jay z 2nd verse on renegade was total ? . i came to the fork in the road and went straight? he was winded and bested on the track and jay z knows it.

cant blame eminem. he is one of the last true lyricists to emerge in hip hop. the only person that can lyrically see eminem is canibus
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    battle of the sexes is by far his worst album .... i lost a little respect for him after hearing that album.... and i actually paid for that ? lol

i agree he i think he's a very good rapper but all his albums had at least 4 or 5 skippers on them ....

more like 14 or 15 skippers on there. chicken and beer was the only album i deem decent. all of his album have been below average to ? poor. and thats including back for the first time and mouth of the south.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lol look at how the bodyguard looks up at dude with the camera when he points it at him.

lol cosign. bodyguard tried to keep his cool at first but soon as that camera went up dude looked possessed and programmed to kick some ass. i dont feel sorry for the pop nazis because they clearly are provoking the attack.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Killa is one of the best rappers out of NY that still is alive. certified legend. never sold out. controlled a bigger dynasty than the roc. he still making music for the streets. one of the few east coast rappers that gets crazy love and respect out of the south. houston is still checking for camron!
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Killa is one of the best rappers out of NY that still is alive. certified legend. never sold out. controlled a bigger dynasty than the roc. he still making music for the streets. one of the few east coast rappers that gets crazy love and respect out of the south. houston is still checking for camron!
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cuttadc13 wrote: »
    Legend in What?

a legend in hip hop. camron has bumped shoulders with some of the greatest mcs ever lived. biggie co signed camron back in 1995 as being the future of NY..not jay z. cam rapped with Big L and Mase. cam was close with dame during the whole time rocafella records was getting on their feet. he was cool with punisher he created the biggest and impactful rap group since wu tang clan. one of the first NY artists who was getting big $$$ off of independent labels when everybody called koch the graveyard. cam gets respect across the nation and world. he never comprimised to what a NY is supposed to sound like. Killa made his own lane

and without all of the politics. camron has won all his beefs with lethal disses. i was a big nas fan when cam dropped hate me now and i was like "damn cam". u gotta love it ? all over jay z and his wife. camron wasnt scared like all of these other punk NY rappers to go at 50 and made 50 catch feelings on that phone call. dear stan is a classic diss. cam and jimmy exposed mase and we havent heard from him since.

not to mention that camron can actually spit. his multis are CRAZY. his word play is more slicker and witty than jay z. he got an ear for hot beats.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cuttadc13 wrote: »
    Legend in What?

a legend in hip hop. camron has bumped shoulders with some of the greatest mcs ever lived. biggie co signed camron back in 1995 as being the future of NY..not jay z. cam rapped with Big L and Mase. cam was close with dame during the whole time rocafella records was getting on their feet. he was cool with punisher he created the biggest and impactful rap group since wu tang clan. one of the first NY artists who was getting big $$$ off of independent labels when everybody called koch the graveyard. cam gets respect across the nation and world. he never comprimised to what a NY is supposed to sound like. Killa made his own lane

and without all of the politics. camron has won all his beefs with lethal disses. i was a big nas fan when cam dropped hate me now and i was like "damn cam". u gotta love it ? all over jay z and his wife. camron wasnt scared like all of these other punk NY rappers to go at 50 and made 50 catch feelings on that phone call. dear stan is a classic diss. cam and jimmy exposed mase and we havent heard from him since.

not to mention that camron can actually spit. his multis are CRAZY. his word play is more slicker and witty than jay z. he got an ear for hot beats.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1990-1994 Lexus LS400 or my nikes only
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Reapmills wrote: »
    Is anyone that supports this smoking ? ????? Total FAIL... what does Cam do lyrically and syllabically that J.R. Writer doesnt do BETTER?????!!!! i mean hell Juelz is better than Cam... and people only loved the DYNASTY for the supporting players like Juelz J.R. and Hell Rell... people always found Cam passe... and i ? with cam... but best in Harlem (outside of L???) come on

i think we are both smoking ? . Lz better than Cam. *jeezy voice* nahhhhhhhhhhh
    i get your point about writer but to me he sounds like a cam clone. not a bad thing but he isnt seeing cam either.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Is anyone that supports this smoking ? ????? Total FAIL... what does Cam do lyrically and syllabically that J.R. Writer doesnt do BETTER?????!!!! i mean hell Juelz is better than Cam... and people only loved the DYNASTY for the supporting players like Juelz J.R. and Hell Rell... people always found Cam passe... and i ? with cam... but best in Harlem (outside of L???) come on

i think we are both smoking ? . Lz better than Cam. *jeezy voice* nahhhhhhhhhhh
    i get your point about writer but to me he sounds like a cam clone. not a bad thing but he isnt seeing cam either.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    how not???? J.R. may be a lil clonish but he does what cam does BETTER than cam... you gotta realize cam has a TON of wack records... and most of the time it seems like hes just reachin to keep the rhyme scheme going...

not at all. cam whole style gave birth to writer. the only thing writer does is brings cam style to more aggressive production/mixtape tracks. im not knocking writer at all cause he's a unsong hero dipset along with a mafia, penz, tom gist and 40 cal but writer cant match up to camron on a techincal level.

but i agree with you. camron does make alot of ? joints but that came along in the time dipset was reaching its peak as a collective. i overlook this because cam was taking a backseat to let all of his ? shine. camron could of stole the show like alot of these ? do with their groups but you cannot say cam didnt open up a floodgate of mcs. purple city, taliban, senate, diplomats, byrd gang, skull gang, 730, thunderbirds, gator ent, early lite ent. dipset had large subgroups and affliates like the wu tang clan. cam had a bigger dynasty than jay z.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    how not???? J.R. may be a lil clonish but he does what cam does BETTER than cam... you gotta realize cam has a TON of wack records... and most of the time it seems like hes just reachin to keep the rhyme scheme going...

not at all. cam whole style gave birth to writer. the only thing writer does is brings cam style to more aggressive production/mixtape tracks. im not knocking writer at all cause he's a unsong hero dipset along with a mafia, penz, tom gist and 40 cal but writer cant match up to camron on a techincal level.

but i agree with you. camron does make alot of ? joints but that came along in the time dipset was reaching its peak as a collective. i overlook this because cam was taking a backseat to let all of his ? shine. camron could of stole the show like alot of these ? do with their groups but you cannot say cam didnt open up a floodgate of mcs. purple city, taliban, senate, diplomats, byrd gang, skull gang, 730, thunderbirds, gator ent, early lite ent. dipset had large subgroups and affliates like the wu tang clan. cam had a bigger dynasty than jay z.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    gucci got an album out?
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i dont usually say no ? but in fast and furious 2 ludacris had that ? ass line to that asian chick after the first race "so wen u gon pop my clutch" wtf? NO ?
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    heard it 3 times in its entirety during a road trip this weekend. not impressed at all. Ludacris doesnt even try anymore. his flow is nastradamus like predictable.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dr. dre resume is too spotty for him to be considered one of the goats

pre ruthless days-dj aladdin and dj yella helped him with production with the world class wreckin cru.

ruthless days-dj yella produced a large amount of soc, 100mar, n4l but dre took all the credit. eazy once said that even jerry heller was making beats along side dre. also above the law gave dre the influence on making the chronic because he started biting the gangsta funk from above the law in 1990-1991

death row days- its no secret that daz produced 60% of the chronic. dre owes him a boatload of money and they havent spoken since. dre put filler in the chronic and made it seem like he was the mastermind behind it. even warren g did some ghostproducing on the chronic. solar records inhouse band members are the ones who taught dr dre the fine mechanisms of engineering, mastering and melody making. kurupt, doc and snoop wrote the album. all dre did on the chronic was tinker with a few knobs and a snare here and there and recite his ghost written raps. smh. daz produced a large amount of ? and atr sdtk also. dont forget dj quik was also a in house producer on death row too hmmmmmmmm

aftermath days-scott storch, melman and hittman are the reason why chronic 2001 was even credible. they made all the beats on the album. not dre. the bass brothers and mike elizondo formed the sound scope of eminems first 3 albums. and eminem took over the boards on his 4th. just blaze and stat quo was ghostproducing all of those preview detox tracks that came out last decade.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dr. dre resume is too spotty for him to be considered one of the goats

pre ruthless days-dj aladdin and dj yella helped him with production with the world class wreckin cru.

ruthless days-dj yella produced a large amount of soc, 100mar, n4l but dre took all the credit. eazy once said that even jerry heller was making beats along side dre. also above the law gave dre the influence on making the chronic because he started biting the gangsta funk from above the law in 1990-1991

death row days- its no secret that daz produced 60% of the chronic. dre owes him a boatload of money and they havent spoken since. dre put filler in the chronic and made it seem like he was the mastermind behind it. even warren g did some ghostproducing on the chronic. solar records inhouse band members are the ones who taught dr dre the fine mechanisms of engineering, mastering and melody making. kurupt, doc and snoop wrote the album. all dre did on the chronic was tinker with a few knobs and a snare here and there and recite his ghost written raps. smh. daz produced a large amount of ? and atr sdtk also. dont forget dj quik was also a in house producer on death row too hmmmmmmmm

aftermath days-scott storch, melman and hittman are the reason why chronic 2001 was even credible. they made all the beats on the album. not dre. the bass brothers and mike elizondo formed the sound scope of eminems first 3 albums. and eminem took over the boards on his 4th. just blaze and stat quo was ghostproducing all of those preview detox tracks that came out last decade.