Fashawn Finally Confirms Exile as his producer for Sophomore LP, 'The Ecology'.

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Essence
Two days ago, Fashawn confirmed 'The Ecology' as the title of his Sophomore LP. More importantly, Exile is confirmed as the producer, which he was hazy about earlier this year…

The album is set for a 2011 release, as he stated back in July.
HipHopDX wrote:
UPDATE: Appearing tonight (September 5) on DJ Green Lantern's XM Satellite Hip-Hop Nation Radio Show with Evidence, Fashawn confirmed that his sophomore album will be titled, The Ecology. Like his 2009 acclaimed debut, Boy Meets World, the work will be fully produced by Emanon alum Exile.

"The Ecology" was a single from the debut album.

No release date was given.

HYPED! Can't wait for this one!!! Fingers crossed it doesn't flow over into 2012.

Comments

• Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Co ? Sign! I've been saying for a while now that I think Fashawn is one if not the best young emcees around. I mean he dropped his critically acclaimed debut at age 20 and gave us some dope records like "Life as a Shorty", "The Ecology", "Our Way", "Samsonite Man", "When She Calls", "Boy Meets World", "The Score".

Whilst I loved Exile's production, I'm hoping he elevates/transforms his production on this project cause I don't want another Boy Meets World sounding album. I'm sure he can though as he did Blu's "Below The Heavens" and it sounds nothing like BMW.

What do you think of NoYork by the way Draft???
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Co ? Sign! I've been saying for a while now that I think Fashawn is one if not the best young emcees around. I mean he dropped his critically acclaimed debut at age 20 and gave us some dope records like "Life as a Shorty", "The Ecology", "Our Way", "Samsonite Man", "When She Calls", "Boy Meets World", "The Score".

Whilst I loved Exile's production, I'm hoping he elevates/transforms his production on this project cause I don't want another Boy Meets World sounding album. I'm sure he can though as he did Blu's "Below The Heavens" and it sounds nothing like BMW.

What do you think of NoYork by the way Draft???

Yeah, Exile has his own solo releases as well and they're radically different too, not to mention his own debut as an emcee is dropping soon as well…

I'm still behind on listening to albums following my holiday (when Blu dropped), so I still need to listen to it a few more times before I drop an opinion… what are your thoughts? At the minute, I'm listening to Median's The Sender in anticipation for Phonte's album this month, there are three features on that album where Phonte stops by and I'm a fan of Median anyway… it sounds like it could be a sleeper, so I'll be posting my thoughts on it in the near future…
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One of my favorite duos in hip hop. With the new masta ace project, this is my most anticipated album.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Can't wait for this, the west is really on their ? right now. Kendrick, Nipsey, Dom, Tyler, Fashawn.......... Good ? !
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One of my favorite duos in hip hop. With the new masta ace project, this is my most anticipated album.

Any more news on the Ace project?
    Can't wait for this, the west is really on their ? right now. Kendrick, Nipsey, Dom, Tyler, Fashawn.......... Good ? !

Eligh and Zion I as well as others, the West's been the best for the past few years really; Lamar, Fashawn and Eligh are my favourites though. Eligh still had album of the year last year for me…
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Any more news on the Ace project?

Eligh and Zion I as well as others, the West's been the best for the past few years really; Lamar, Fashawn and Eligh are my favourites though. Eligh still had album of the year last year for me…

Yeah west has been dope recently. And Murs is about to drop with Ski Beatz! Locksmith is finally gonna drop too!
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Yeah west has been dope recently. And Murs is about to drop with Ski Beatz! Locksmith is finally gonna drop too!

I'm excited for the Murs/Ski Beatz collab, I should up the thread about that…
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is great news! Hopefully this album will turn out as good as it has the potential to
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is great news! Hopefully this album will turn out as good as it has the potential to

If it doesn't, I think it'll be the first time Exile has failed to deliver on the boards… honestly, if the beats are good; which they will be, I can't see Fashawn slippin'.
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dope. Exile is making great music. I love when producers do whole albums.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    skeep wrote: »
    Dope. Exile is making great music. I love when producers do whole albums.

Definitely, a high proportion of single producer driven albums are 4/5 material in comparison to the ratio of a variety of producers on one album.
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited September 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Definitely, a high proportion of single producer driven albums are 4/5 material in comparison to the ratio of a variety of producers on one album.

About the ace album, last month he was saying he was just finishing it uP on twitter but he has been saying that for 3 months now so I'm not too confident. However, I think he's shooting a documentary for a rerealease of DA and ALHS. I'll keep you posted.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    About the ace album, last month he was saying he was just finishing it uP on twitter but he has been saying that for 3 months now so I'm not too confident. However, I think he's shooting a documentary for a rerealease of DA and ALHS. I'll keep you posted.

The documentary sounds great, I have ALHS, but I don't have DA. May try to get it before it comes out, I like having the original discs.