Pride...Make you or Break You

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    fiat_money wrote: »
    No, he died from CO poisoning because he was an idiot.

Pride is not exclusively negative.

Regardless, I have no pride.

you don't pride urself in ur knowledge, ur writing abilities, ur ability to debate?
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    dusouljah wrote: »
    it's not always as simple as jst walking away....however it is smart to take the time to determine to realize if it's really worth it

like i said,it takes a real person to walk away...cause if you let your pride take over your mind and body,then you really lost the battle cause for one....if you shot and killed this man...what gonna happen to you?

Jail time...especially when youre black a good 10 to 20 yrs tops

Yo girl aint gonna wait forever for you

you gonna fight for you life in jail and your manhood,cause all them strong ass ? be in there

you wont see your kids,they gonna grow up without they daddy

theres so much ? that leads to your downfall when your pride takes over you
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    you don't pride urself in ur knowledge, ur writing abilities, ur ability to debate?
    Nah, I just view them as traits I possess.
  • Dupac
    edited April 2010
    Nah, I just view them as traits I possess.

how would u rate urself in those areas?
  • Dupac
    edited April 2010
    like i said,it takes a real person to walk away...cause if you let your pride take over your mind and body,then you really lost the battle cause for one....if you shot and killed this man...what gonna happen to you?

Jail time...especially when youre black a good 10 to 20 yrs tops

Yo girl aint gonna wait forever for you

you gonna fight for you life in jail and your manhood,cause all them strong ass ? be in there

you wont see your kids,they gonna grow up without they daddy

theres so much ? that leads to your downfall when your pride takes over you

ok, like i said, it's just a matter of taking the time to determine if it's really that important..

maybe u take more pride in your family and being free enough to enjoy all the things u mentioned...

so then ur pride in being "the better man who walked away" is what lead u to do so...
  • Black Cat
    Black Cat Members Posts: 86
    edited April 2010
    Pride to me is having some sort of self dignity. A lot of people are lacking that nowadays. People need to have some some level of pride. Look at tiger woods and all those woman. It is one thing to mess with the married men and then your on tv like you accomplished something...? .
  • fiat_money
    edited April 2010
    how would u rate urself in those areas?
    I view them as average, and others that are worse as below average.
  • Dupac
    edited April 2010
    I view them as average, and others that are worse as below average.

lol,...i really think u pride urself in your personal knowledge....
    every time u go head to head with anyone in any sort of debate, i think u feel some sort of accomplishment when u feel u've won the battle...

even if u out debate me in this little bck and forth, i think u'll feel pretty proud about it...
    i could be wrong though,

i'm sure u'll say i am wrong about it
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited April 2010
    ok, like i said, it's just a matter of taking the time to determine if it's really that important..

maybe u take more pride in your family and being free enough to enjoy all the things u mentioned...

so then ur pride in being "the better man who walked away" is what lead u to do so...

you gotta swallow your pride alot of times cause when you let it take over you wont be seeing your family for a long ass time,time waits for no one
  • Dupac
    edited April 2010
    you gotta swallow your pride alot of times cause when you let it take over you wont be seeing your family for a long ass time,time waits for no one

but what if u take pride in providing for your family?
  • fiat_money
    edited April 2010
    lol,...i really think u pride urself in your personal knowledge....
    every time u go head to head with anyone in any sort of debate, i think u feel some sort of accomplishment when u feel u've won the battle...

even if u out debate me in this little bck and forth, i think u'll feel pretty proud about it...
    i could be wrong though,

i'm sure u'll say i am wrong about it
    The way I see it, nearly everyone should have my level of knowledge, considering the ease with which I gained it. So my traits are the "default", those who are "better" are above-average, and those who are "worse" are below-average.

I only debate if I'm interested, the moment it bores me or becomes about something entirely subjective, I just
  • Dupac
    edited April 2010
    The way I see it, nearly everyone should have my level of knowledge, considering the ease with which I gained it. So my traits are the "default", those who are "better" are above-average, and those who are "worse" are below-average.

I only debate if I'm interested, the moment it bores me or becomes about something entirely subjective, I just
    lmao....good form
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited April 2010
    but what if u take pride in providing for your family?

theres nothing wrong with that,...if your pride is too high to the point you have to hurt people like rob them or sell drugs ,then you Lost either way you look at it

a real man will find a job instead of being on the block or plotting to rob some bank cause times are hard

i dont know what people go through their lives to make em be so stupid to risk their lives and freedoms over something that can be easily deactivated

I rather be judged by 12 than be carried by 6
  • Dupac
    edited April 2010
    theres nothing wrong with that,...if your pride is too high to the point you have to hurt people like rob them or sell drugs ,then you Lost either way you look at it

a real man will find a job instead of being on the block or plotting to rob some bank cause times are hard

i dont know what people go through their lives to make em be so stupid to risk their lives and freedoms over something that can be easily deactivated

I rather be judged by 12 than be carried by 6

lol...okay..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Rell Mayne wrote: »
    theres Pride then....Foolish Pride

Good point .
  • missiamtheshit
    missiamtheshit Members Posts: 949
    edited April 2010
    lady_c wrote: »
    they say that pride comes before the fall, which is true.

but you have to maintain a certain level of pride otherwise youll be somebodys doormat.

You aint never lied........ I was trying to tell my friend about something like that.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    alot of ? in here bashing pride but just like too much pride can hurt you, not having enough pride can do the same thing. it's just about finding that balance
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited April 2010
    Pride is selfish
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    My ego is big enuff for me to know that humbling myself for the right reason is okay....

My pride is my own enemy tho bcuz I honestly feel I'm too good to ? with anybody beyond casual circumstances and even then I feel as if on stepping down from my throne to mingle amongst the commoners...
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited April 2010
    alot of times your pride can get you killed or lose everything
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    alot of times your pride can get you killed or lose everything

so can lack of pride..
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited April 2010
    Cant be too proud to beg
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    sometimes i feel like i got too much pride to ever love
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    i am sooo glad this was brought up....
    i have a freind that used provebs 29:23 on me one day.
    when i told him i dont have that problem becuz i see pride as a weakness
    this guy tried to point out a situation where he said my pride was in the way...here is the situation

i was at a wawa one morning trying to get lunch after me and my wife got into a fight that morning
    so i pull up and these guys pull up next to me...i open my door then the guy in the car next to me opened his door
    so i tried not to bang doors(nh) so i held mine and dude kicked his open an it slammed into my door
    so i took a deep breathe and closed my door to let him out...so he got out his car, then i got out
    just trying to go about my busy....then dude comes walking up behind me talkin ? ...
    so then i turned an asked him to back up....when he took another step, i bombed on him and tried to choke him out...
    his buddy never got out of the driver seat and was just yelling "hey stop it!"

now i dont see how this has anything to do with my pride...and when i point that out to him...then
    he tried to say that going back an forth with him is pride.....and that ? doesn't like prideful people...

sometimes pride has people trying to prove other people are weak because of pride
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    one of my school mates died from because his PRIDE.....heres how it went down

Dude had it all, a good job,car,nice crib decked out etc......

then one day he hit rock bottom he couldnt pay his bills etc....so his pride wouldnt allow him to ask for help

so one of my cousins worked at this loan shop,,,he didnt know she worked there he called for a loan etc..after 5 minutes of talkin etc...she called out his name,he was shocked etc...so his pride wouldnt let him go and get the loan etc....

people tried helpin him etc...so again his PRIDE wouldnt let him so after weeks or so passed by he finally brought a Generator,the ones you put outside the house,instead his PRIDE wouldnt allow him to let his neighbors seeing him on his lowest point,so dude put the Generator inside of his HOUSE....Huge Mistake in the world!!.....days later they found him dead in his house unresponsive cause his PRIDE killed him

He died from
    Carbon Monoxide Poisoning..cause of his pride
    No, he died from CO poisoning because he was an idiot...
    LOL. This is exactly what I would post.