The Best NEW YORK Hip Hop Album of the 90's Was??

booty-gif-dot-com
booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Face Off Forum
1. Before you start bytchin about whats missing. i said NEW YORK. theres too many great classics OVERALL in all regions in that decade to cover whats the best overall that would be a ? hate filled regional divide probably and open old wounds so lets go with this narrowed down focus.

2. sorry Capone and Nore, Onyx, Busta, Cam and other fans they didnt make my cut!!

3. Young buck 90's Kids Hit up WIKIPEDIA and search the title on Youtube and do your homework before you speak up and say something uninformed and stupid!

4. CAST YOUR VOTE!!! and join the debate!!

MY VOTE!!
220px-NasIllmatic.jpg

ILLMATIC - NAS - 1994
one of the best lyrical albums you'll ever hear and one of the most remembered line for lines in quotes "Im out for presidents to represent me" or "Nas, I analyze, drop a jew-el, inhale from the L
School a fool well, you feel it like braille"
or hundreds of other unbelievable rhymes. dude was just 20 when he dropped this gem. 17 years after its release and people still cant talking about it. he was a rappers rapper. did BIG and JAY get a lot of there style from this. Its no doubt. Jay's first Hit "Dead Presidents" sampled NAS and he even quoted the Lifes a ? and then you die in lyrics on his debut album Reasonable doubt. Its the album that Nas will always be measured by its like coming out and winning a Super bowl as a Rookie QB and being the MVP!

THE WORLD IS YOURS, NY STATE OF MIND, LIFES A ? , IT AINT HARD TO TELL

----

READY TO DIE - BIGGIE - 1994
This album made you press the rewind button so many times you probably broke your tape deck (yep cassettes were around in those days) took the crown King of New York and still saluted to this day, with only 2 full albums in life, he was like Jimi Hendrix was to his genre!

JUICY, BIG POPPA, UNBELIEVABLE, WARNING

REASONABLE DOUBT - JAY-Z 1996
Dude reinvented himself with mad flow and charisma. Unquestionably hot

AINT NO ? , CANT KNOCK THE HUSTLE, DEAD PRESIDENT

36 CHAMBERS - WU-TANG - 1994
The Killer Bees with those basement raw uncut beats and lethal ryhmes coming at you like 9 Mc's Deep. Completely crazy hot

CREAM, PROTECT YOUR NECK, COULD IT ALL BE SIMPLE

ITS DARK AND HELL IS HOT - DMX - 1998
Got you some amped up you felt you could commit mass murder and start barking!

RUFF RYDERS ANTHEM, GET AT ME DOG, STOP BEING GREEDY

220px-ItsdarkDMX.jpg

THE INFAMOUS MOB8 DEEP - 1995
Repped for every hard rock slanging on the corner, grimey raw and real

SHOOK ONES, GIVE UP THE GOODS, TEMPATURE RISING

LIFE AFTER DEATH - BIGGIE - 1997
RIP Big Poppa You were the greatest. Just 24 when he checked out. what couldve been!

KICK IN THE DOOR, 10 ? COMMANDMENTS, HYPNOTIZE

THE LOW END THEORY - TRIBE CALLED QUEST - 1991
This is a fantastic Album that just flows continously. Go back and dig it up!

CHECK THE RHIME, JAZZ (We Got It), THE SCENARIO

CUBAN LINX - RAEKWON and GHOST - 1995
This is a lethal album ? went on some basement dusty raw beats

GLACIERS OF ICE, CRIMINOLOGY, ICE CREAM

DAILY OPERATION - GANGSTARR - 1992
THere brilliant underappreciated Masterpiece. Knee deep in Dj Premier Dope Beats

DWYCK, TAKE IT PERSONAL, EX TO NEXT GIRL

Comments