wuts ur rate for the serious beatmaker/producer?

Options
PapaJuice
PapaJuice Banned Users Posts: 435
edited June 2010 in Fresh Produce
how much u sellin ur ? for?
and if u give a price, drop a website with ur beats so i can personally critique them

this is serious, by the way

Comments

• midwest_messiah
    midwest_messiah Members Posts: 635 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    non-exclusives: $20

exclusives: $250 and up

www.rocbattle.com/tbk
  • zandre
    zandre Members Posts: 8
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1,000-10,000 if your a good beatmaker/songwriter.

You pretty much always HAVE to have someone singing atleast on a hook of the song when you sell a beat to an established artist understand where your trying to go with the song. You have to understand majority of the artist out there don't write their own stuff.
  • bishop2prophet
    bishop2prophet Banned Users Posts: 25
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i dont know, 10gz, 5gz, i aint down for that, especially when i only got a few million to spend, remember not only will my initial investment of an artist be most likely a loss (due to my calculations) but producer aint da only ? i gotta pay for

now

$1g-2g is on something good
    im a cheap ?
    so pro bono!!!!!!! get ya name heard ? wid da new n upcoming artist
    ? , sometime later this year, i aint even on da loan
  • bishop2prophet
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but u just wont let me
  • bishop2prophet
    edited January 2010
    Options
    u cant ? a ?
    u cant con a conman
    u cant be a ? and play with wolves
    cant be no angel around no devils
  • zandre
    zandre Members Posts: 8
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If your getting 1-2 from majors your getting ripped off. I'm based out of a 3 million dollar studio in Orlando and I've seen independent artists spend more on a beat. It's all how you shop it and such. If you give them the whole package they will bite.
  • DjWhiteMike
    DjWhiteMike Members Posts: 6
    edited February 2010
    Options
    zandre wrote: »

You pretty much always HAVE to have someone singing atleast on a hook of the song when you sell a beat to an established artist understand where your trying to go with the song.

Unless your talking about strictly r&b thats false bro..
  • biggrime
    biggrime Members Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First what I am about to say is real talk. It is as simple as supply and demand. There is no set price. Its about who you know and how much they are willing to pay. I have sold beats from $2500 exclusive to $4 lease and everything in between. You have to 1st find how much you want to sell your beats for. Find those artist who will pay that. And market to those artist. I don't care how hot you think your beats are. If a person is making $0 off of they're music they will not I repeat will not buy beats at a high price. So it doesn't making how professional your stuff sound. If you don't know anybody nor know how to market you will sell no beats. SO the question is. wuts ur rate for the serious beatmaker/producer? Most producers will say they are serious so you should be asking this. I have x amount of dollars what can I get or what are you offering for this price. You will be surprise on how desperate producers will get.

watch?v=aCuphRRQEZo
  • selo1
    selo1 Members Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i usually charge between $20 - $30 for non exclusives
    $200 & up for exclusives.
    Most of the people who bought my non exclusive beats on sites like Beatsweeper.com
    Beatslab etc, never sent me any kind of message to tell me where, when or how the beat will be used
    or anything. they just buy the beat & keep on truckin, never to be heard from again, or ever for that matter!

Hip Hop Producers & Beat Makers Sell your beats at www.beatsweeper.com
  • winkwestwood
    winkwestwood Members Posts: 19
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Publishing, period. Don't ever sell a beat or lease a beat without publishing. And never sign a publishing deal with a major/independent until you are established. The front money maybe cool but owning ya own ? and gettin dough on the back end makes it all worth it
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    everything depends on whos buying, and indie artist i wouldn't charge much, but a major label i'll get everything i could.

www.pmpworldwide.com/tc
  • trackzondemand
    trackzondemand Members Posts: 7
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I understand there are a lot of independent artist who dont have money like that but there are some independent artist that have budgets in place. All the info i ve read and based on personal experience leads me to not ever accept the concept of selling my beats for desperate prices. Id rather sell 1 beat for 2000 than 20 for 2000 in a months time. Im not trying to burn my self out.

The internet is a big place! I talk to at least 30 people(artist) per day trying to pitch my beats to them.
    I ve made alot but still going for the top. Some upcoming artist act like you insulting them when you say 2k a beat but they dont understand the business from the producer standpoint. This type of person has another agenda and I cant do business with them. There are plenty producers who may give up more than needed for that small change but i wont.

Thats my opinion!

http://trackzondemand.webs.com/trackzondemandlibrary.htm
    http://twiturm.com/4nese "EVERYTIME I COME AROUND"