safe to say that...physically... Jesus Christ woulda looked like........

BobOblah
BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Social Lounge
6a00d83451586c69e2011571d36c92970b-400wi

Comments

• whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited September 2011
    judah7 wrote: »
    not...

Revelation 1:13
    His head and his hairs were white like wool

We have simile failure! Repeat simile failure!

The above phrase states Jesus head and hair was white. And not Caucasoid caveman white but white as snow.

To the OP yes bin Laden would be similar in appearance to Jesus though Jesus was much shorter.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    arabs are a mixed race... jesus was from the tribe of judah...
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    arabs are a mixed race... jesus was from the tribe of judah...

exactly...which makes him a ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Well why we all spend our time disagreeing/agreeing how "jesus" looked, we are missing out on the message.
  • young_reezy
    edited September 2011
    Well why we all spend our time disagreeing/agreeing how "jesus" looked, we are missing out on the message.

because they distorted who he really was in order to distort his message... in order for people to ignore the fact that he did exist, now you have people like well it doesn't really matter... if it didn't matter than why lie aint paint ceasar borgia and depict him as christ? if you'll believe one lie.. you'll believe another one.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited September 2011
    because they distorted who he really was in order to distort his message... in order for people to ignore the fact that he did exist, now you have people like well it doesn't really matter... if it didn't matter than why lie aint paint ceasar borgia and depict him as christ? if you'll believe one lie.. you'll believe another one.

I really don't understand how his "color" has any bearing on his message, the message ain't warped, least not as far as I understand it.
  • young_reezy
    edited September 2011
    I really don't understand how his "color" has any bearing on his message, the message ain't warped, least not as far as I understand it.

because his color or his race is a part of who he actually was... in order to cloud the truth you have to cover it up with lies... the message is there but removing the significance of people of color in biblical stories as well as history in general creates a false reality... it creates a divide or a rift when the people don't identify with it when they are the people of the book.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    you are all wrong....he was obviously puerto rican
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited September 2011
    because his color or his race is a part of who he actually was... in order to cloud the truth you have to cover it up with lies... the message is there but removing the significance of people of color in biblical stories as well as history in general creates a false reality... it creates a divide or a rift when the people don't identify with it when they are the people of the book.
    Hmmmm, okay. I'm fairly certain they could have made 'jesus' a cookie monster and the message of compassion, forgiveness and awareness would still be pretty clear. Now if selfish ignorant people want to dismiss the obvious to focus on and promote their own self, its not the messenger nor the message that is the problem, it's the people... and not even the "color" of people, just the human themselves.
  • young_reezy
    edited September 2011
    Hmmmm, okay. I'm fairly certain they could have made 'jesus' a cookie monster and the message of compassion, forgiveness and awareness would still be pretty clear. Now if selfish ignorant people want to dismiss the obvious to focus on and promote their own self, its not the messenger nor the message that is the problem, it's the people... and not even the "color" of people, just the human themselves.

everything you said makes sense.... but why lie in the first place?
    because it sounds like thats what has happen... "selfish ignorant people dismissed the obvious in order to focuse and promote their own self" so thats what we have been dealing with since the start of christianity... thats why we have the images and lies we have today... good drop.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited September 2011
    everything you said makes sense.... but why lie in the first place?
    because it sounds like thats what has happen... "selfish ignorant people dismissed the obvious in order to focuse and promote their own self" so thats what we have been dealing with since the start of christianity... thats why we have the images and lies we have today... good drop.

Way back in the day, religion was a potluck. Each person/group of people brought what they felt was the most important piece of knowledge about ? (s). It got to such a confusing state of who get honored, when and how, and being the way our nature is we began to fight. Finally someone(s) came to the idea that things needed to be simplified so all(hopefully) could gain the benefits of the message that ALL religions share(compassion, forgiveness, awareness)....

even if... even if it was a changed to distort things, they've only touched the messenger, the message remains the same.
  • young_reezy
    edited September 2011
    Way back in the day, religion was a potluck. Each person/group of people brought what they felt was the most important piece of knowledge about ? (s). It got to such a confusing state of who get honored, when and how, and being the way our nature is we began to fight. Finally someone(s) came to the idea that things needed to be simplified so all(hopefully) could gain the benefits of the message that ALL religions share(compassion, forgiveness, awareness)....

even if... even if it was a changed to distort things, they've only touched the messenger, the message remains the same.

sounds like the council of Nicea....

and as far as you know the message remains the same.. lets not forget.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited September 2011
    sounds like the council of Nicea....

and as far as you know the message remains the same.. lets not forget.

Indeed, but seems to be the same message since our mental conception.
  • young_reezy
    edited September 2011
    Indeed, but seems to be the same message since our mental conception.

thats debatable... it is said that the holy trinity was indeed father, son, and holy mother....

the male dominated european society replaced that with the "holy ghost"
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited September 2011
    thats debatable... it is said that the holy trinity was indeed father, son, and holy mother....

the male dominated european society replaced that with the "holy ghost"

Hmmm I've understood the trinity to be knowledge, wisdom and understanding. And I dun know if you tried to operate your life with only one of those things, but it doesn't work very well. Hence the plight of man.....
  • young_reezy
    edited September 2011
    Hmmm I've understood the trinity to be knowledge, wisdom and understanding. And I dun know if you tried to operate your life with only one of those things, but it doesn't work very well. Hence the plight of man.....

people have their own interpretations in regards to faith... i'm just talking about european influence.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited September 2011
    people have their own interpretations in regards to faith... i'm just talking about european influence.

From what I have learned from hebrew definition of words, all feminine words are used to describe the holy ghost. So again, it would be selfish ignorant people dismissing the message.
  • young_reezy
    edited September 2011
    From what I have learned from hebrew definition of words, all feminine words are used to describe the holy ghost. So again, it would be selfish ignorant people dismissing the message.

like i said i'm just speaking about the euro influence which you can't deny.... many pagan acts are accepted in chrisitanity.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    judah7 wrote: »
    not...
    Revelation 1:13
    And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
    His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
    And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
    Daniel 7:9
    I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
    people need to stop quoting APOCALYPTIC VISIONS as evidence of what Jesus actually looked like. it's just not logical.
    arabs are just some white dudes
    fixed that for you
    true, but, as always, welcome to the internet
    so your theory is that Jesus wasn't portrayed or described as some blue-eyed European until the late 1400s?
  • young_reezy
    edited September 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    people need to stop quoting APOCALYPTIC VISIONS as evidence of what Jesus actually looked like. it's just not logical.

fixed that for you

true, but, as always, welcome to the internet

so your theory is that Jesus wasn't portrayed or described as some blue-eyed European until the late 1400s?

I'm not sure if I mentioned any dates.. but just for arguments sake no I didn't... borgia wasn't the first depiction of christ, but that was the point I was making none the less... the images and message was distorted in order to establish and maintain control of a large populous. which grew into what we have today.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    he wouldnt be wearing islamic garb. hed probably look more like a dark skinned jew than anything.

6a00d83451b71f69e20120a5ad2233970b-250wi
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    jesus looked like cesare borgia... fact.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    I'm not sure if I mentioned any dates.. but just for arguments sake no I didn't...
    the dates come from the time frame in which we find Cesare, but you clarified your point, so fair enough
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Wasnt he Chinese? Kind of simiar to Yao
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    BobOblah wrote: »
    6a00d83451586c69e2011571d36c92970b-400wi
    he wouldnt be wearing islamic garb. hed probably look more like a dark skinned jew than anything.

6a00d83451b71f69e20120a5ad2233970b-250wi

I could rock with either one of these.

Lighskinned or darkskinned brotha...Makes no difference and both are real.

9 Ether is what it's about...& Osama is 100% that.