Do you hate R&B?

waynefan
waynefan Members Posts: 129
edited September 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
I hate modern R&B and like since the late 80's when singers wanted to be and look like rappers and be street but sing about girls and females and males like TLC they sucked.I can appreciate jazz and anything but I hate Beyonce,Ashanti and all these female singers but why does it have to be so sexual.men cant even sing with them whiney girl voices what happened to bass?

Comments

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I'm more disappointed in today's hip-hop than today's r & b.
  • BitchIWillSlapU
    BitchIWillSlapU Members Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I really like what Frank Ocean is doing as far as R&B goes, that is probably the only R&B dude I listen to right now, R. Kelly (like him or not), his last album was real good IMO, had a very old school Sam Cooke sound to it

Chris Brown and Usher need to get back to that REAL R&B and stop with all that HOUSE/TECHNO/ POP R&B ? like Forever, Beautiful People and ?

can we get back to actually SIGNING!?!?
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    There was a time in the 90's when R&B was about as popular as hip hop is today. Now you can really only count on one hand the amount of R&B that is popular.

So I can't hate on R&B right now, if anything I'd just wish there was more of it to choose from.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited September 2011

Co-sign. R&b is on the decline but I can still listening to it without getting really sick to my stomach
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    waynefan wrote: »
    I hate modern R&B and like since the late 80's when singers wanted to be and look like rappers and be street but sing about girls and females and males like TLC they sucked.I can appreciate jazz and anything but I hate Beyonce,Ashanti and all these female singers but why does it have to be so sexual.men cant even sing with them whiney girl voices what happened to bass?

if you hate whats called R&B then you are listening to the wrong thing. The Genre thats labeled NEO SOUL is the way to go. Heres recommendations.

4 Ever More - Anthony David and ALgebra

Gone and Never Coming Back - Melanie Fiona

So In Love - Jill Scott and Anthony Hamilton
    MODERN R&B THAT DOES NOT SUCK!! all 3 of those tunes are 2011 releases!!

I will bet your urban radio station isnt playing these. they are playing SUPER BASS by Nikki Minaj for the 100 million time!! theres good stuff out there you just have to look for it!!
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, soul is the way to go. New albums and singles are being realesed all the time but you have to know where to dig
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011

I would say it's about equal for me. Things changed long ago. I've been mostly listening to old school or "underground."
    I really like what Frank Ocean is doing as far as R&B goes, that is probably the only R&B dude I listen to right now, R. Kelly (like him or not), his last album was real good IMO, had a very old school Sam Cooke sound to it

Chris Brown and Usher need to get back to that REAL R&B and stop with all that HOUSE/TECHNO/ POP R&B ? like Forever, Beautiful People and ?

can we get back to actually SIGNING!?!?

Yes!! Pleeeaaassseee!
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Frank Ocean is koo and everybody on his ? , but i think The Weeknd shyts better than his, the kid def a good addition...and yea, r'nb aint too bad nowdays i guess...Trey songz fell the ? off from his 'anticipation' mixtape days, prolly due to him feelin himself way to much now, neyo still doin his thing and killed that pitbull song, mario non existant, but yea anthony hamilton and jill scott still doin they thing, don't look to bad...

Hip hop def doing good to, i have to give it to Kanye, MBDTF and WTT are spectacular true to the essence hip hop albums which did very well commercially, The game's red album is also being massively slept on, that ? is a banger, and it also got some commercial light, so i think if you look in the right places you will find some good music in both genres,

ps: still listenin to Erykah badu's latest album, just had to mentioned that, that album's the ? , so soothing and therapeutical...love that chick
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited September 2011
    Frank Ocean is koo and everybody on his ? , but i think The Weeknd shyts better than his, the kid def a good addition..

I believe the opposite of your statement right here. I haven't got on the hype with The Weekend yet. I listen to some of his songs and they were alright but I didn't find one I would repeat.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    The Weeknd is more of a downtempo artist, I wouldnt put him in the R&B category. But downtempo is tight tho, Drake even does a lil bit of it.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    N but the music is mostly for women..not bad thing especially for concerts but still
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    INDIA ARIE>>>>

she is so good and having a positive message in her music that is Not corny! She seems to be singing to all the underdogs in the world.
    The people that have been told you are too ugly, you are too dark, you are too this and too that. To stand up for yourself and believe in yourself!
    it makes too much sense so i guess that why your modern "urban" radio station isnt playing it.... whats that I hear? Super Bass by Nicki once again (Throws Up)

• boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited September 2011
    yeah i basically do, yup (unless it's neo-soul)

r&b is not r&b anymore, it's something completely different