Few Questions about the bible.

ThaChozenWun
ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Someone explain some of these to me.

1.) "Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;" Ezekiel 25:20

So ? gave out bad laws on purpose? No wonder the evil devil man is still here ? enjoys his company and their teammates!!!

2.) "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." Matthew 16:28
There is also the same thing from Mark and Lukes gospels. Basically its saying Jesus will return before some of his listeners will die. Well their all dead and he didnt come back before they died, did he forget what he said and broke his word?

3.) "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18

Even in the Hebrew it has the same meaning, it says for the most part if you believe in ? , you have the ability to play with snakes, and drink poison and end up not being harmed at all. So if I place my faith with Jesus and the Bible I can go drink a gallon of Ricin and live? Why dont we just send a bunch of bible worshippers to war when chemical weapons are involved we could never lose they wouldnt be touched!!!! The army needs to check into this.

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Someone explain some of these to me.

1.) "Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;" Ezekiel 25:20

So ? gave out bad laws on purpose? No wonder the evil devil man is still here ? enjoys his company and their teammates!!!

2.) "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." Matthew 16:28
    There is also the same thing from Mark and Lukes gospels. Basically its saying Jesus will return before some of his listeners will die. Well their all dead and he didnt come back before they died, did he forget what he said and broke his word?

3.) "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18

Even in the Hebrew it has the same meaning, it says for the most part if you believe in ? , you have the ability to play with snakes, and drink poison and end up not being harmed at all. So if I place my faith with Jesus and the Bible I can go drink a gallon of Ricin and live? Why dont we just send a bunch of bible worshippers to war when chemical weapons are involved we could never lose they wouldnt be touched!!!! The army needs to check into this.

1. First It's Ezekiel 20:25 not 25:20. Second ? never does anything bad or wrong. If you knew the context of the scriputers your pulling out you wouldn't jump to conclusions. The Israelites failed to obey Gods righteous and good laws, so ? gave them over to their own made up laws, whereby they would die in them. "Because that, when they knew ? , they glorified him not as ? , neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Wherefore ? also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:" Romans 1:21,24

2. The reference is not to his final coming to judge the world, but to his spiritual coming to establish his kingdom. This was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost. Mark shows the meaning by substituting, Till they have seen the kingdom of ? come with power (Mr 9:1). The coming of the Son of man in his kingdom means, therefore, the same as the kingdom of ? come with power. Compare Ac 1:8 Lu 24:49. The kingdom came with power on the day of Pentecost (Ac 2:1).

3. this is a promise limited to the apostolic age .
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010

3. this is a promise limited to the apostolic age .

Is there somewhere it says its only limited to that era?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Is there somewhere it says its only limited to that era?

Read the Bible and you will see the confirmation of it.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Read the Bible and you will see the confirmation of it.

I been reading the bible I dont see where it says that it was limited to a certain time
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    I been reading the bible I dont see where it says that it was limited to a certain time

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1

lol so that says that what I posted was during a specific period. A period that no longer exist. Okay then