What age did you start working out/lifting weights?

Options
waynefan
waynefan Members Posts: 129
edited October 2011 in The Weight Room
You have to be 18 to go to a gym but what age can you have a full muscular body and keep it for the rest of our life.

Comments

• kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

but didn't start being dedicated until 17
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Like 16-17 messing around with old weights in the basement and in the backyward with my cousins.19 at the gym off and on,then since 22 I go regurlar never miss more than 2 months that I can remember..
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    didn't start seriously working out until age 20. never been big into weights. couldn't even tell you how much i can benchpress or whatever. but i know i can do more situps pullups/chinups and pushups than the average person walking around.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    chilly wrote: »
    didn't start seriously working out until age 20. never been big into weights. couldn't even tell you how much i can benchpress or whatever. but i know i can do more situps pullups/chinups and pushups than the average person walking around.

Thats not hard to do..U do more than 5x and you beat 80 percent of america..lol..I get what your saying though.Working out is a part of my life but not my whole lifestyle,i aint walking around chicken breast and broccoli and my jogging paints in my car 24-7..
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    11/12. I remember being really interested in health when I was in grade 6, I'd do push-ups, wake up in the morning and jump rope, I even remember drinking raw eggs (*no current animal product consumer*), lol. I lost interest then became interested again in Grade 8, when dead prez came out with 'Let's Get Free' and they had a track called 'Be Healthy'. Since then, it's been on and off.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    13/14 got sick the summer before my tenth grade year and I lost alotta weight..I liked the new look so I started working out when I went back to school the chicks dug that ? too.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited October 2011
    Options
    For me not til high school when I wanted to get bigger for football.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    20. I'm 21 now.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    did it off and on for5 yrs in my early twenties........now been working out 3 days a week for the past 2 1/2 years maybe missed 2 weeks total out that time from minor injuries
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Been in sports since age 6.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    not really a weights person but maybe this year i got serious
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    26....im 23 now
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hmm....because I never did it for "achievement" purposes outside of high school. It's been off and on. Mostly, I worked out at the end of a shft at my job just as a stress reliever.

It wasn't until around February that I REALLY started taking it serious. And once I moved to NY in May, the gym down the street from my apt has given all the fuel I need.

Lost like 2-4 inches and like 15 pounds. Feeling real good for the first time in awhile.
  • blackecon
    blackecon Members Posts: 11
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    26....im 23 now

lol. you got younger?
  • blackecon
    blackecon Members Posts: 11
    Options
    didn't start till 21
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    11 years old messing with my pops weight but i didn't know what i was doing i got really into when i was 14 years old playing HS Football
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    I started when I was about 15 when I got serious about playing high school football and wanted to get bigger. I have kept it up since.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20. 20 years old now. Was a New Year's resolution. Went from 185 to 165 since the beginning of the year and still going (I believe). I don't have a scale...
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    19. Some of y'all already know the story but I'll repeat it. After a few years I was benching 315 developed a good size, started doing calisthenics instead of going to the gym, and I still have the same size but I'm more toned. ? a gym
  • Mr. Insignificant
    Mr. Insignificant Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Options
    I did push ups as a teen....started to figure it out round 20
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i started at 13 years old the summer of my 7th grade school year fooling around with my brothers cement weight set. then i found a bruce jenner book on various muscle groups that he checked out from the library i studied the various muscle groups and excercises and then took it from there. yeah i know its a bruce jenner book. damn why he went and did that ? he was the americas national symbol of fitness back then.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Started at age 20. lasted 2 weeks.

Now 35yrs old, done 7 sessions. Trying to stay committed this time round.