MJJ grosses over 1 Billion Dollars 10 months after his death. And he's not the GOAT?

2»

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    1. Rock With You...

2. Human Nature...

3. I Can't Just Stop Loving You...

4. Liberian Girl...

5. Stranger In Moscow...

My 5 fave songs of his...
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Give In To Me is flames. The whole Dangerous album is my all time fav. MJ album followed by History.

Don't get me wrong, I love the classics but they're super played out like nothing else. Especially since my son just loves Thriller and Beat It, after awhile I'm like OOOOOOOKAY TURN IT OFF.

Yeah, they were killin me with Thriller/Beat It/Bad/Smooth Criminal....any of the other songs that had dances on YT. After a while I was like okay guys...Headphones!

I'll never get sick of:

Human Nature (I love the live performance on the BAD tour in 87)

Rock With You

Lady in My Life.

Give In To Me

Can't Help It
  • Averian24
    Averian24 Members Posts: 44
    edited April 2010
    Michael Jackson was second to none, the guy was amazing
  • Averian24
    Averian24 Members Posts: 44
    edited April 2010
    bamagurl wrote: »
    i think this is true for a lot of deceased artists. but mike is goat. its crazy to see my 4yr old dancin and singin his songs when i myself was singing to him at the same age.

Exacly, I see these 3 to5 year olds with michael jackson t shirts and dancing to his music all the time....MJ's music is timeless and will never grow old, what a special talent he was
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Exactly, Michael may be the 1st artist in Music History to have fans in ALL AGE Groups. Kids, Teenagers, Young Adults, Adults, Middle Aged, Old Aged, it doesn't matter. Because Michael music spans 4 1/2 decades, he managed to gain fans of all types. It's cool hearing stories of very young kids loving Michael cause that shows you his impact that a child of that young of an age can still connect with MJJ's music even though he's dead now. I was going on 3 year's old when "Thriller" dropped and I was just being born when "Off The Wall" blew. I was born into the MJJ Dynasty and never looked back. He's the GOAT and history will reflect that. Can't wait for his unreleased albums, I'm sure they will be watered down but I really want to hear some new Michael and I heard his unreleased catalog is bigger than Pac, Beatles and Elvis.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    Mike is the greatest artist of all times.........

dude body of work is second to none...Mike music from "off the wall" - "invincible" is classic.... i won't b surprised if this ? is some special galactic music entity... dude was one of the illest vocal singers the world has ever seen, we're not even goin to discuss him as a performer... ? like mike come every century...it's just sad 2 see his how his so call fans (americans) white,& black did him in his final days....i can tell u one thing, us foreigners always showed the ? love ,europeans,africans,mexicans,west indians, indians....

I agree, now Michael wasn't perfect and he did do some weird ? but the way he was treated here in America the last 20 years of his life was horrible and as a fans of his I was horrified by the hate MJJ got here. It was funny, I would always defend Michael in front of my hater friends hating on him. Now they are all calling me talking about "You were right about MJ, I was so wrong, dude is an amazing legend". It's funny what death does. You really don't know what you go till it's gone. Props to the REST of the world for always loving MJJ to the very end. Why do think MJJ's last tour was going to be in London instead of the states? Even MJ knew his own country didn't appreciate him. When MJJ dropped his "Number Ones" album, it was #1 in every country but America. Yet when he died, it finally hit #1 in the U.S. Sad.
  • Persis
    Persis Members Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    i love this thread. this is the first time on a forum that i see a 100% positive thread about MJJ.

whatever happens is my favorite MJ song.

You know, i make beats myself, i played (electric) guitar and all that, becouse of this man.
    I just loved the way he touched the people with his music, but i just also loved his music & his video's/concerts.
    never been to a concert myself, i had tickets for the 24th of july of 2009 for This Is It, but we all know what happened.

everybody loves MJ, i mean, the morning that we heard about the news here in the netherlands, EVERYbody was down, even my mom, and that, who alwaysed joked about MJ in a bad way.
    i was under my way to school, in a bus, i saw a black man staring out the window with sad teary eyes, like one of his own siblings just died.
    but i also saw alot of white people that just felt fuckt up in their stomache. i mean everybody was shocked and touched, didn't matter what color they were.
    didn't matter how old they were. everybody was mourning. it was a very quiet day. quiet and sad.

it was FUCKD UP!

now... what i'm just trying to say is.... :
    everybody loved MJ, even if they were hating on him in public, everybody had respect & loved him/his music deep down in his/her heart.
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I didn't even realize the impact MJ had on me until after he died. I was born in 83 I believe that's when Thriller was released. The MJ I knew was hated on mostly so that kind of messed up my perception of him while I was growing up. But I just remember loving his music, trying to learn the steps to everything. The Smooth Criminal video had me doing stuff that almost broke my neck. One of my favorites of his is that song on Free ? . lol Me and my sister knew the sign language and everything! He is definitely the GOAT. What other artist has touched as many different people, cultures that Mike has? And with great music?!
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited April 2010
    well i guess he out of dept
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    This is good news. Not surprising at all. With MJ, this is only natural. At the same time, it leaves me wishing him back here even more. Miss him. No other artist has made me feel this way.

P.S. Good to see other fellow MJ fans here.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, they were killin me with Thriller/Beat It/Bad/Smooth Criminal....any of the other songs that had dances on YT. After a while I was like okay guys...Headphones!

I'll never get sick of:

Human Nature (I love the live performance on the BAD tour in 87)

Rock With You

Lady in My Life.

Give In To Me

Can't Help It

Def., Rock With You is my top goat songs by MJ
  • Ike_Turner
    Ike_Turner Confirm Email Posts: 173
    edited May 2010
    he dead and forgotten. He wasnt relevant the last 15 years of his life unless he was on the news for touching little boys.
    Kellz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    FACT
    /thread
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Ike_Turner wrote: »
    he dead and forgotten. He wasnt relevant the last 15 years of his life unless he was on the news for touching little boys.
    FACT
    /thread

lmfao

• rapmastermind
    edited May 2010
    Ike_Turner wrote: »
    FACT
    /thread

MJ just outsold R. Kelly's career in the last 10 months. I hope your joking cause this thread makes your statement sound insane. Also They never had any real evidence on MJJ about the kids ? where as you can see R.Kelly in a full video doing his dirt but that's neither here or there. You don't break music and sales records on the level of what Michael Did in his death and be "Fogotten". You don't sell 29 Million albums in 10 months which is a record and be forgotten. A Record company doesn't throw 200 Million dollars at a "Forgotten" artist and give him the highest record contract in music history. Your movie rehearshal doesn't become the highest grossing documentary ever and you are forgotten. MJJ is running this ish from the grave, accept it haters.
  • Ike_Turner
    Ike_Turner Confirm Email Posts: 173
    edited May 2010
    He's worth more dead than alive. That should tell you his worth
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Mike was, is and will forever be my favorite singer of all time.
    I had the Thriller jacket, the Beat It jacket, the glove, the MJ doll, the MJ lunch box, my bedroom had MJ curtains, bedsheets and posters, I had the Moonwalker movie and Sega game, I have Off The Wall up to Invincible, I kept some of my aunt's old vinyl's I found in the family home and they are The Jacksons and MJ records, they will be worth more than they are now.
    I got The Bad tour tape, The Dangerous tour tape, The HIStory tour tape, The Wiz tape and dvd, The 30th Anniversary dvd and This Is It.
    I am a HUGE MJ fan and I shed tears when he died, he tried to make everybody happy and people still turned on him and he died not getting the chance to redeem himself.
    Never thought I'd live to see the day Michael Jackson pass away, I mean I know everybody is going to go one day but, I didn't think that he would die this soon, I thought he would be able to live to be the age James Brown was when he died, 50 is still young, my mom is 50 and that hit home for her, she grew up watching Mike grow up.
    Nobody will ever have the impact that Mike had, I feel bad for his kids because people gonna want them to be Mike or better and that ain't gonna happen.
    The funny thing is Mike probably sold more albums than everybody in Hip Hop combine and as we see, he still isn't done!
    Thriller is the mark that every genre is going for and the way his old records sold after he died, nobody will ever touch Thriller!
    It's still weird that Mike isn't here, I'm use to seeing TMZ spot Mike or Mike taking pictures with fans with his mask on.
    It's a shame that he had to die before people understood how much he mattered.
    It's also a shame that Overseas loved Mike more than his own American people, that's why he loved to tour overseas, he knew that he would get Love from them more than Americans and that's sad.
    R.I.P. to Michael Jackson The Man, but his music and legacy will live on even after our kids are grown with kids of their own.
  • Hobe cryant
    Hobe cryant Members Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    imager.php?id=403210 GIFSoup

This the jackson 5 audition that got them signed to motown.

Mike at age 9 doin james brown I got that feelin.Cant nobody see Mj
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    So with the 1 year anniversary just 5 days away, it's official that the Estate of Michael Joseph Jackson earned $1 billion last year (Guinness Book Of World Record for most earning from a Dead Celeberity) and will donate $200 million to charity because his will states 20% of his earnings must go to charity. Wow. MJ is cakin it so much from the grave. I think Billboard said the total amount of albums sold since his death is over 10 Million in the U.S. and an aditional 25 Million Worldwide. So MJJ in just 1 short year sold 35 Million albums Worldwide. How is anyone going to top MJ as the GOAT?. I think his crown is set for many generations. Here are the records MJ broke since his death:

*Highest Grossing Documentary Of All TIme (This Is It)
    *Most Records Sold Worldwide All TIme in one Year
    *Most Earning All Time for Dead Celeberity
    *Most LP's to chart at one time on Billboard (12 albums charted)
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Ay wasnt MJ only allowed to make an album every 7 years cause of how much awards he use to win
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    MrJR wrote: »
    Ay wasnt MJ only allowed to make an album every 7 years cause of how much awards he use to win

No, MJJ took so much time in between albums cause when MJJ dropped an album it was HUGE. He could tour off it for 5 years. That's what people dont' get about MJJ, when he dropped it was a damn EVENT. His world tours use to ? ? down all over the world. What's really scary is Tommy Motolla said MJJ had over (30 albums of unreleased material, over 1,000 songs). That tells me we should be getting many new MJJ albums. It's not over, this is why I said he will be bigger in Death than Life. His Legend will only grow. I feel bad for everyone that shittin on MJJ while he was alive cause History will not judge them kindly. MJJ will be a "? -like" figure in the years to come.
  • pop
    pop Members Posts: 191
    edited June 2010
    As much as I love Michael, he's not the Greatest to me. There is no album of his that can ever compare to Songs In The Key Of Life.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    pop wrote: »
    As much as I love Michael, he's not the Greatest to me. There is no album of his that can ever compare to Songs In The Key Of Life.

Cant argue wit this.Even tho fulfillingness first finale is just as good to me.People sleep on stevie wonder's catalog

Mj is 1 and stevie wonder is 1a in my eyes
  • pop
    pop Members Posts: 191
    edited June 2010
    Cant argue wit this.Even tho fulfillingness first finale is just as good to me.People sleep on stevie wonder's catalog

Mj is 1 and stevie wonder is 1a in my eyes

Mike will always be the greatest "Entertainer" of all time. I guess it's who you ask. But Mike is definitely one of the greatest...just not THE greatest
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited June 2010
    pop wrote: »

I've been saying that since I first heard Songs In the Key. It was like greatest thing ever and no one could tell me different.

They both make me feel 2 completely different ways but nobody has a voice like Mike.