Is 20 too young to have your first baby?

shadb33
shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Powder Room
I need to know this.

Comments

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Are you gonna be a daddy Shad?
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    if 20 isn't too young to have sex then it's not too young to have a baby...i got married when i was 20 and had my first kid at 22...no regrets but i'd tell anyone to wait a while b/c there's no going back
  • akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    hell yeah. i mean its possible to conceive a child as young as 12-13 but that dont mean its right. Wait til u graduated college, got a career, married with a stable home, got life experiences under your belt, traveled a little, learned about yourself and who you are, dated different people, etc. Late 20's or early 30's is ideal.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    akforty7 wrote: »
    hell yeah. i mean its possible to conceive a child as young as 12-13 but that dont mean its right. Wait til u graduated college, got a career, married with a stable home, got life experiences under your belt, traveled a little, learned about yourself and who you are, dated different people, etc. Late 20's or early 30's is ideal.

AGREED!!!!! Like my uncle told me when I was a teenager don't have kids until your financially stable. I'm glad that I was told this at an early age so I don't have to go through this now.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    I was 21 when I had my son

I don't have any regrets but it was hard

You have to give up alot when you become a parent.... just make sure you are prepared to do so
  • shadb33
    edited April 2010
    Are you gonna be a daddy Shad?

Only if u be the mommy

keith-sweat-13.jpg
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    .that just made me laugh.

Having a kid at any age is life changing. 20 is really young to take on that kind of responsibility.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    yes. abort it now.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    it depends where you at in your life, and if you are mentality and financially prepared to have kids then it is what it is.
  • JQUEENS21
    JQUEENS21 Members Posts: 228
    edited April 2010
    jamacia wrote: »
    it depends where you at in your life, and if you are mentality and financially prepared to have kids then it is what it is.

This ? says that cuz he stays lurking at high schools. He goes by that if there is grass in the infield motto.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    hell yeah. I mean its possible to conceive a child as young as 12-13 but that dont mean its right. Wait til u graduated college, got a career, married with a stable home, got life experiences under your belt, traveled a little, learned about yourself and who you are, dated different people, etc. Late 20's or early 30's is ideal.

messaaaaaaaaage!
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Hell yes.

I felt like 26 was too young to have a baby..but at least I got some living out first.
  • Ham&CheeseHotPoc
    Ham&CheeseHotPoc Members Posts: 215
    edited April 2010
    sometimes i sit out front baby supply stores in my car and ? off to the pregnant women coming back out to their cars.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    it is... there is a need for more life experience
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010

agreed!
    these are the same things i think when i watch 16 & pregnant.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Yes it's on the young side, but nowadays it's a blessing just to make it past your teens.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    wtf question is this?
  • shadb33
    edited April 2010
    wtf question is this?

? it's a question by me. Your bitter ass will never have kids so why u come in here to begin with I do not know. Be gone.
  • shadb33
    edited April 2010
    I wanna have a baby.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    why would you wanna have a baby at 20?
    I used to say that I wanted to start having kids by the time I was 25....now that it's like 3 years away, I'm not sure if I'm ready for that.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited April 2010

well damn ... i dont even need to post my thoughts .... this is it right here ^^^^^ LOL
  • lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    could be.

but the other question that could be asked of all is:

is 20 too young to have your first abortion?
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Yes it is too young.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    pssssssssshhhhhhhhh

My girl and I had our first in high school, I was 17 she was 16. I'm now 23, soon to be 24 and we just had our 3rd.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    shadb33 wrote: »
    I wanna have a baby.

You're 20 then. Okay.

Instead of asking, "Is 20 too young to have a baby", as this...

Do you think you're mature enough to have a child?