Is 20 too young to have your first baby?

Options
2»

Comments

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    pssssssssshhhhhhhhh

My girl and I had our first in high school, I was 17 she was 16. I'm now 23, soon to be 24 and we just had our 3rd.

same here but kid #2 made me not want to have a 3rd. lol
  • laroc
    laroc Members Posts: 1,000
    edited April 2010
    Options
    20 ain't 2 young......but......it ain't old enough!
    There is so much more 2 do, don't tie urself down wit a seed.
    But if it's on the way, congrats!
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    You're 20 then. Okay.

Instead of asking, "Is 20 too young to have a baby", as this...

Do you think you're mature enough to have a child?

i thk i am man..and the people who askin me if my girl is ready....like i dont even care if my chick or whoever im with when it goes down cares...i just want a mini-me...a lil being i can love and hold
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    i thk i am man..and the people who askin me if my girl is ready....like i dont even care if my chick or whoever im with when it goes down cares...i just want a mini-me...a lil being i can love and hold

Let me tell you, ? holds you down tight. Money wise and stress wise. You know what comes with a baby, I ain't really got to tell you but it isn't as easy as it sounds.

My 1st, fussy as all hell. Never slept through the night, woke up at 5am everyday, never failed!

My 2nd, born with congenital heart disease. Went through 3 open heart surgeries. 1st one at 2 weeks old. Imagine that ? man, 1 in 100,000 babies are born with it and ? decided to make mine one of 'em. He didn't walk until like 2. Didn't eat, he ate through a tube. He was a very difficult baby.

(now I'm not saying you're gonna have one like me but I'm just giving a heads up, ANYTHING can happen. Are you ready for this if this was to happen?)

3rd, peaceful as can be. I'd say 1 in a million type lol and he is now 3 months.

But dude, it isn't easy. You'll need to hold down a job tight. Formula? Try like 25$, diapers? like what now, 13-30$ (depends if you're going for the cheapies)

etc etc etc

never ends lol

If you think you're ready, then dude, make your clone lol but it's one hell of a ride but super seriously worth it.
  • shadb33
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I feel u b. It's like I see some of my partners having their first kid now and they tell me they got something to live for now u feel me? Like their baby is giving them motivation and meaning to their once meaningless life. I just don't wanna wait to long and if something happens to me, I won't have someone to carry on the name and legacy u feel me b? I guess I do gotta think about this some more though. Babies aint cheap, ya aint lyin son.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    I feel u b. It's like I see some of my partners having their first kid now and they tell me they got something to live for now u feel me? Like their baby is giving them motivation and meaning to their once meaningless life. I just don't wanna wait to long and if something happens to me, I won't have someone to carry on the name and legacy u feel me b? I guess I do gotta think about this some more though. Babies aint cheap, ya aint lyin son.

I feel you, I have 3, 2 or 'em are 4 and soon to be 6 and those two are hell lol but when you have kids and love 'em unconditionally it's amazing. Kid's are worth the hassle for me, I matured quickly enough once we found out she was pregnant.

Good luck though man, in whatever you choose.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's all about the money for supporting the child, since most people be broke till they hit there high 20s into there 30s then most likely having a kid at age 20 is way to young.
  • shadb33
    edited April 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    It's all about the money for supporting the child, since most people be broke till they hit there high 20s into there 30s then most likely having a kid at age 20 is way to young.

It's not all about the money son. I'm wealthy in other aspects of my life. I don't place my life value or life timeline on how much money I have in the bank man. And I think my future baby just hopes he has a father that loves him!