Question for the ladies...dating someone w/kids

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Powder Room
ok....this guy i know is dating this chick and they lived together for like 5yrs.....he recently won cusotdy of his daughter...so this guys is crazy happy. now the questions come from one day they got into a fight in front of me and my lady.....now he does everything for this girl...i mean everything she asks for pr wants he tries to find a way to do it....not on someone cornball ? but he's a good dude that loves his lady.....so his lil girls bday is coming up and he wanted to take cupcakes and balloons to her school for her an her classmates....and he said he wants to drop some flowers off for her....i thought i was a good gesture and that more dads need to be like him...i'd do the same. but anyway ...his lady got real mad saying he shouldn't do it becasue that should be for only her and the flowers would be too much. he should do ? to make her feel special. now like i said earlier...he does everything to make this chick feel like shes number one....
he says that he wants to set the precedent for his daughter...that a man is supposed to make his lady feel special...after all ladies get the idea of a man from their dads, correct?
i agree with him flowers for his daughter is not too much....how many dads even bring cookies or cupckaes to school...let alone flowers.
his ladies point is that...she needs something that only him and her share....since she has to share soo much of him...she wants something that he cant or wont share with his daughter or another woman...
my lady is on the fence with it...

so the question is...should he not take flowers because his lady said she needs to feel special?
and is it anything other than sex that a man can give his woman and not his daughter...
i would assume this chick would like to see a man handling his business and appreciate the love he has for this daughter.

what do you guys think

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    man screw her

thank ? my daddy would backhand a ? before he allowed anyone to tell him how to raise his kids
  • ccluvsau
    ccluvsau Members Posts: 1,852 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Is she serious?

That's one selfish lady he's dating.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    man I'm reading this thread and I'm confused
  • haute
    edited April 2010
    Options
    man I'm reading this thread and I'm confused

he has a friend whose girl gets jalous and aggy because he sends flowers to his daughter on her birthday

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tell yo friend to cancel that ? like Nino did and get that baby some flowers
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He should cheat on her.
  • blakfyahking
    edited April 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    he has a friend whose girl gets jalous and aggy because he sends flowers to his daughter on her birthday

nah I understood, I'm just confused as to why this is an issue

WTF is wrong with parents these days?!

The back of my left hand is getting hot just picturing some chick trying to give me some drama like that over my child SMH
  • haute
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nah I understood, I'm just confused as to why this is an issue

WTF is wrong with parents these days?!

The back of my left hand is getting hot just picturing some chick trying to give me some drama like that over my child SMH

ooooo I see

T/S your friends backhand is not skrong enough

he is officially off the skrong black man list

he can reapply next year, only if his girl gives him his testicles back
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited April 2010
    Options
    just to let you guys know...hes likes your answers....he wants yall to know that shes 9...if that matters cause she said his daughter is too young to get that type of attention..(ni99a needs to register himself on this site)
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's flowers. not a tennis bracelet or a diamond ring. That's so sad...She should be happy that she's with a man willing to make his little girl feel special..
  • blakfyahking
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    just to let you guys know...hes likes your answers....he wants yall to know that shes 9...if that matters cause she said his daughter is too young to get that type of attention..(ni99a needs to register himself on this site)

he should tell his s/o to fall back

that's just violating.......

that's one of the main reasons why I'm not relationship material right now, cause I would've hurt ol girl feelings immediately SMH

she would have to flee from my presence immediately for trying to put in her two cents about what I do with my kid
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't even know how he would let this ? be an issue...that's his daughter...why would his girl even feel like she could regulate some ? like that is beyond me...but he should tell her "Do you want me to send her the message that daddy cares more about you than his daughter." If she doesn't get it after that then that relationship will never be successful, it will end due to either his woman'sselfishness or his daughter will resent the ? out of him when she's older
  • haute
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how is 9 too young?

The reason I am able to have healthy relationships with men is because my father had an healthy relationship with me from the day I was born

Lol his girl is just mad because she can probably count on one hand the number of times any man has done something nice for her

so sad
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I don't even know how he would let this ? be an issue...that's his daughter...why would his girl even feel like she could regulate some ? like that is beyond me...but he should tell her "Do you want me to send her the message that daddy cares more about you than his daughter." If she doesn't get it after that then that relationship will never be successful, it will end due to either his woman'sselfishness or his daughter will resent the ? out of him when she's older

Completely agree with this and the other posters. Just because this man is trying to show his daughter how she is supposed to be treated by a man, does not mean him and his girl cannot have their own special moments they can create. She is def being selfish.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    She sounds like a selfish ? .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    how is 9 too young?

The reason I am able to have healthy relationships with men is because my father had an healthy relationship with me from the day I was born

Lol his girl is just mad because she can probably count on one hand the number of times any man has done something nice for her

so sad

you know i was honestly thinking when I read the T/S post that this chick probably didn't have a good relationship w/ her own father and that's why she doesn't understand why he's doing so much for his daughter...I can't believe a woman would even question a male doing something like this for his daughter
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In my opinion this chick has a deeper issue of jealousy towards his daughter B because before he had custody of his daughter his time was more than likely her time. Now she has to share "HER TIME" with his daughter who was more than likely seen only on the weekends or every other weekend and she didn't really have to deal with her.

Now this is the very reason why I don't date and go out on my club ? looking for a 1 night thing. Why because I know (hopefully soon) when my kids come back that will be my main focus. And any women in my life that might have been having my time will honestly get very little attention if any and that truly is unfair to her.

*edit*

Tell your peoples to be like Main Source and tell this chick to look at the front door.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited April 2010
    Options
    damn you hit it right on the head...thats exactky what happened...well the first paragraph anyway
  • Ham&CheeseHotPoc
    Ham&CheeseHotPoc Members Posts: 215
    edited April 2010
    Options
    should of had an abortion
  • akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it takes a very strong and selfless woman to be with a man who has kids. you have to be used to not being #1 and having all the attention.

the ? needs to grow up. its a kid for gods sake.
  • lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this ? cant be serious...? up a good relationship for some flowers that will die in a few days. what does she think dude wants to mess with his own daughter? i dont understand why shes so jealous.
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He needs to dead her. Fromt he time I was five my dad sent me flowers on my birthday (and did the same for my sisters) and once I moved out he sent me flowers once a week until I had a man.

That girl (cause she is in noway a real woman) is selfish.

So if he trys to send his mom flowers is she gonna pitch a ? about that? What about if he aunt or mother or somebody passes, is he not gonna be allowed to pay for the floral arraingment? ? its jsut flowers. Now if he sends her a certain type of flower, then okay he should send the daughter a differnt kind. Like my guy only buys Lillies for me, he wont send them to anyone else because thats something specific for us. But he sent his daughter flowers and he sends his mom flowers and my mom.

She needs to get over herself.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wowzas...and I thought I was selfish.
    That's a really sweet gesture and I'm sure his daughter would've loved it.

That should be an eye-opener for him and tell him what kind of woman he's dealing with.
    Smh @ being jealous of the man's daughter.
    Hell, it's his DAUGHTER! She'll always be there and she'll always be number 1 to him.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ya boy's girl needs to be dismissed with that childish foolishness she carrying on with b/c ain't no real man in his right mind will put a woman over their child.