How Long Do Your Shoes Last?

skipmatic
skipmatic Members Posts: 13
edited May 2010 in Fashion Forward
Well?

I ? a pair of sneakers annually... I'm not that ? on keeping shoes shiny at all times, cleaning it with toothbrush, and whatnot, so I guess that's why. Plus I strictly keep all my shelltoes and airforces white, which makes it harder to maintain as well.

Otherwise, I keep them in good condition, I use them for nothing but walking but still... at least one pair a year easy. I wouldn't feel right wearing sneakers past a year, every new year, new kicks must for me.

Comments

• DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    I have shoes that are 5-6 years old... Im a sneaker head.. I have over 90 pair, so i keep my shoes up... Always good to step out in some shyts ? aint seen in a while
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited January 2010
    The longest I had was 2 years, some air maxes, but most of them last for a year and a half
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    I still have shoes that I bought during my first summer job when I was 14 and im 30 now lol. Worn a size 7 1/2 since then. I take really good care of my shoes (keep them in rubbermaid shoebox size storage containers w/ a moisture satchel (something like crushed mothballs kinda, take a picture of each pair and staple it to the outside of the container, and take them to the cobbler to get cleaned or repaired if needed). I have enough shoes to wear a differnt pair every day for atleast a year straight, but im a shoe fiend so Im kind of obsessed with the upkeep.
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    usually no more than 2 yrs
  • t-money09
    t-money09 Members Posts: 17
    edited January 2010
    It depends on how much i rock em my white on whites for ex. I had since last feb i could
    post on ebay and hardly notice any wear they still icey white. If you take care of your
    ? it will last if dont you get those results you get what u put in
  • spaceagepimpin
    spaceagepimpin Members Posts: 436
    edited May 2010
    i still got Jordans in A1 conditiion from highschool & i graduated in 03........im not rough on my shoes.....but i dont do the pretty boy treatment either.....only reason i get rid of shoes are cuz they gotten too small, jus dont like em anymore, someone wants to buy them from me, or there worn down cuz i hoop in em every weekend.......there was only one pair of shoes that i fucced up bad.....Jordans 9's blacc & olive....i was in the 12th grade & got into a police chase wit some of the homies.....when we hopped out, i had ran thru a cut behind one of my neighbors house & stepped in a mud puddle.....& if u kno bout Atl GA.....we got what we call that red dirt or red clay.....its not the average brown dirt i was used to in cali.....it has a reddish orangish color to it & if that ? gets on uir shoes....u might as well trash em cuz there is no coming bacc
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I only wear AF1's so every year.
  • jedc53
    jedc53 Members Posts: 4
    edited May 2010
    Most people advise 300-500 miles.Many runners keep track of the life of their running shoes in their training log, and use this to warn them when they are likely to need a new pair.I've been wearing my black soled Capezio's for almost 3 years straight and they are still in terrific shape.I think a quality shoe is made to look great and last at least a few years of normal use.