Why do women follow the bible?

Options
ThaChozenWun
ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Why does any women place her faith in the bible, its obvious ? dislikes woman and thinks of them as slaves and sex objects and nothing more.

GE 3:16, CO 11:3-9, EP 5:22-24, CN 3:18, TS 2:5, 1PE 3:1-6, Says women are subjects to their husbands even if the man doesnt obey ? , it says men should always rule over woman, and that women were specifically created just for men.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. Gen. 3:16
Makes all women suffer extreme pain during birth.

"And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.
And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.
And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money." EX 21:7-11

? wants us to sell our daughters as slaves to pay our debts (Resolution for Americas debt maybe? It would work). And also women who are slaves dont get to leave after 6 years like men do.

"And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.
If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins." EX 22:16-17

So a woman who is not engaged or set to be married must marry her seducer? Man what happened to free will.

Leviticus 27:3-7 - We are more valuable than women! If you are ever about to be killed, simply offer your wife or girlfriend or female family member, we are must more valuable to ? , he even says so.

Numbers 5:12-31- If you think your lady is cheating, you are supposed to make her drink holy water and dirt mixed as a test!!! Sorry Ladies I havent seen anywhere that ? has a special drink to test us out.

NU 31:18, 35, JG 21:12
- Female virgins should be awarded for those victorious in war. Not just virgins but young virgins!!!! Pedophiles get your Army registration done now!!!!!!

If a man find a damsel that is a ? , which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. DT 22:28-29
Wow! It gets worst for women, now gods saying if your a ? and a man rapes you, as long as he is found and pays your pops a little money, you have to wife him.

DT 25:5-10
Ladies if your widowed, your brother in law has an obligation to reproduce with you. You have to let us, it is gods word.

PR 31:10-31 - The able wife is to bring only profit and no loss, rise before dawn, buy land prudently, plant a vineyard with her earnings, keep her lamp burning all night, gird herself to work, be generous to the poor, lend a hand to the forlorn, talk shrewd sense, offer kindly counsel, and never be idle.

1CO 11:3-10 - If your a female and pray you need to wrap your entire head in a blanket or towel, why? Cause ? says a woman has to keep her head covered while praying.

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." 1CO 14:34-35
Gods telling you women, dont talk in Church, dont ask questions to anyone, sit still and shut up. If you have something you need to say, tell your husband when you get home. If you do tell him something he better already know though, cause ? doesnt allow you to be smarter than us.

1TI 2:12 - If you are a female, and you are a teacher, ? doesnt like you. Women are not to be anything which shows power over men.

1TI 2:9, 1PE 3:3 - If your a female, and you braid your hair, wear gold or pearls, or any other costly attire you ? up. ? doesnt like that either.

So I mean how can yall follow this thing? Fellas why are you not following gods law? Imgoing, do you follow gods law with your female friends? You better or your not going. Oh wait never mind if you dont make her do these things she suffers not you forget I said anything. Im sure there is a ton more in the testaments that show Gods sexist side if yall know any throw em up.

Comments

• Ms. Mephisto
    Ms. Mephisto Members Posts: 32
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? didn't write the Bible, ? doesn't dislike women.

Me and ? have always had a great relationship.

The men who wrote the Bible can kiss my ass.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? didn't write the Bible, ? doesn't dislike women.

Me and ? have always had a great relationship.

The men who wrote the Bible can kiss my ass.

Yes!!!! ? likes y'all, the biblical ? doesnt. Are you Christian?
  • Ms. Mephisto
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yes!!!! ? likes y'all, the biblical ? doesnt. Are you Christian?
    No, and I don't go to church either. I'ma heathen. Oh noes! lol
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, and I don't go to church either. I'ma heathen. Oh noes! lol

lol Naw just smart
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jesus had a great relationship with women and advocated equality.

As far as the Bible writers go, most of the important ones (Paul, Luke etc.) either didn't touch the subject or supported Jesus' stance.

Further down history revisions were made to promote female subordinates, people were afraid of radical social change back then.

Take a theology class.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jesus had a great relationship with women and advocated equality.

As far as the Bible writers go, most of the important ones (Paul, Luke etc.) either didn't touch the subject or supported Jesus' stance.

Further down history revisions were made to promote female subordinates, people were afraid of radical social change back then.

Take a theology class.

So?????? The bible is specifically the word of ? or inspired by the word of ? , if it is written in it, then it would be the biblical gods laws. Dont matter which disciple wrote what, the point is its in there, they tried changing it later because they knew they also needed women to support its movement or they would fail.

Also I wasn't talking about Jesus, IMO he was nothin more than a prophet who claimed to be ? 's son. I mean seriously Moses was told about Gods son coming but forgot to tell his people not to ? him because he was gods son? Come on son, if Jesus was really Gods son or ? or whatever he was, Moses would have known to alert his people beforehand. Say for a minute Jesus was really gods son, Jesus loved women so? He had free thought to do as he chose, just cause pops didnt like females didnt mean he couldnt.
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So?????? The bible is specifically the word of ? or inspired by the word of ? , if it is written in it, then it would be the biblical gods laws. Dont matter which disciple wrote what, the point is its in there,

It's inspired by the word of ? , not specifically. The Bible (aka New Testament included) was first written around the 60 bc or so. Paul and the other disciples were dying out so they had to write it because the story of Jesus was getting skewed by Oral Tradition.

So yes, it does matter who wrote what. That's why scholars argue Biblical cannon. Please realize that after most of the original writers died the Bible became a game of political Mad Libs. There are still hundreds of documents that aren't in the bible's gospel.
    they tried changing it later because they knew they also needed women to support its movement or they would fail.
    Why would women support being oppressed? (Aka the original point of your thread) MEN made the changes so radical social changes wouldn't happen.
    Also I wasn't talking about Jesus, IMO he was nothin more than a prophet who claimed to be ? 's son. I mean seriously Moses was told about Gods son coming but forgot to tell his people not to ? him because he was gods son? Come on son, if Jesus was really Gods son or ? or whatever he was, Moses would have known to alert his people beforehand. Say for a minute Jesus was really gods son, Jesus loved women so? He had free thought to do as he chose, just cause pops didnt like females didnt mean he couldnt.

Sound's like your beef is with the Torah and the Quaran ? .

Also to Christians as far as priority goes Jesus > ? . Jesus is the whole reason people were spared the fate of auto hell and original sin. That's why Christians are told to act in his image. He is "the way" for christians. His whole demeanor is the example Christians are told to follow: Kind, Forgiving, just, non-violent etc.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's inspired by the word of ? , not specifically. The Bible (aka New Testament included) was first written around the 60 bc or so. Paul and the other disciples were dying out so they had to write it because the story of Jesus was getting skewed by Oral Tradition.

Man please the New Testaments gospels were written well after Jesus died, the earliest is about 70AD and thats a lost gospel so it aint even in the bible, the rest are between 80ad-about 320AD, ? out of here with that BC ? .

So yes, it does matter who wrote what. That's why scholars argue Biblical cannon. Please realize that after most of the original writers died the Bible became a game of political Mad Libs. There are still hundreds of documents that aren't in the bible's gospel.

No it doesn't, two of the big gospels were written after 100 ad, their are plenty smaller gospels in the bible written before most of the "Most Important ones". Alot of these documents not in the bible are missing because they contradict it even more, describe ? no one else mentioned, alot had a couple relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene. Did you ever read alot of these missing gospels and manuscripts? I think not.

Why would women support being oppressed? (Aka the original point of your thread) MEN made the changes so radical social changes wouldn't happen.

That's what I said, thats why the bible is ? , people can just change it anytime they feel the need to. They knew females wouldnt stand for it and changed it. Trust me the 3rd testament will eventually be written and ? nor Jesus will reappear for then. Its a book with morals to try and teach people to live right and use the fear of ? to do so. Funny their is still mad scripture in the new testament that teaches, Opression of Women, Condoning slavery etc.... So they didnt really change much.

Sound's like your beef is with the Torah and the Quaran ? .

Also to Christians as far as priority goes Jesus > ? . Jesus is the whole reason people were spared the fate of auto hell and original sin. That's why Christians are told to act in his image. He is "the way" for christians. His whole demeanor is the example Christians are told to follow: Kind, Forgiving, just, non-violent etc.

My beef is with all religion, I've believed Jesus was only a false prophet way before I checked into anything involving the Quran. Christians do hold Jesus next to ? or higher, but why would Jesus completely change everything that ? created? He didn't, the writers made him into ? 's son because they knew the ? off jealous ? would eventually go down, that people would eventually realize a true ? wouldnt act that way. I never said Jesus wasn't a positive person, he is dipicted as that and if his stories are true he was. ? however isnt, and if Jesus is the reason for the new testament which he is, outside of the good morals in the book there are also alot shitload of bad teachings that do more harm to humanity than good.

Basically the bible is nothing but a man made hoax, throughout the history of the Catholic/Christian ? the testaments have been ? up, they both support opression of women amd different races. They took the new testament and made ? up to fit the old testaments prophecies. Put a ? like David Blaine who is a great illusionist/con man put him back during that time and this ? will be Jesus only 100 times more powerful to these people.
  • Ms. Mephisto
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Whatinahell is goin on in here? *backs out slowly hoping nobody saw me*
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man please the New Testaments gospels were written well after Jesus died, the earliest is about 70AD and thats a lost gospel so it aint even in the bible, the rest are between 80ad-about 320AD, ? out of here with that BC ? .

AD, AD. Had a brain ? there. But everything here I agree with.
    No it doesn't, two of the big gospels were written after 100 ad,

Specify. Cause if you're talking about what I think you're talkin about it may be useless to bring it up.

their are plenty smaller gospels in the bible written before most of the "Most Important ones".

Please explain this one too.
    Alot of these documents not in the bible are missing because they contradict it even more, describe ? no one else mentioned, alot had a couple relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene. Did you ever read alot of these missing gospels and manuscripts? I think not.

Well yes, that was my point of brining up the writers. There are reasons things aren't in biblical cannon. Hell, John the baptist contradicted Paul and co. too.
    Did you ever read alot of these missing gospels and manuscripts? I think not.

As a Christian, why in the ? would I?
    That's what I said, thats why the bible is ? , people can just change it anytime they feel the need to.They knew females wouldnt stand for it and changed it. Trust me the 3rd testament will eventually be written and ? nor Jesus will reappear for then. Its a book with morals to try and teach people to live right and use the fear of ? to do so. Funny their is still mad scripture in the new testament that teaches, Opression of Women, Condoning slavery etc.... So they didnt really change much.

The idea of biblical cannon is to prevent this.
    My beef is with all religion, I've believed Jesus was only a false prophet way before I checked into anything involving the Quran. Christians do hold Jesus next to ? or higher, but why would Jesus completely change everything that ? created?

But he didn't? Jesus's very existance was supposed to be an act of mercy by ? on the Human race.

Please elaborate.
    They took the new testament and made ? up to fit the old testaments prophecies.

Luke's gospel was there to demonstrate how Jesus fit the old testament's prophecies. What is there left to prove?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    AD, AD. Had a brain ? there. But everything here I agree with.

Specify. Cause if you're talking about what I think you're talkin about it may be useless to bring it up.

Luke and Mark were written after 100 AD, off the top I cant remember how it was figured but their other writings at the time had events that were happening after the 100ad mark. (Which honestly confused the hell out of me considering they would have had to been well over 100 then to write their gospels) John was at least before 115 AD based on some of things described in it that really happened. Paul could have been anywhere between 80AD and 300 AD carbon dating puts it in that time period and nothing in it can give it a specific time period.
    Honestly I think Paul is the only of the 4 big gospels to write his own, the other 3 were written by followers of the claimed Authors.

Please explain this one too.

Shouldnt of really said Gospels but other writings in the new testament Exodus, Titus and Colossians (which I believe saint paul did write these two), Philemon also written by Paul, and Revalation. Those were all written before 80 AD using historical events coniciding with the time in similar non published writings.

Well yes, that was my point of brining up the writers. There are reasons things aren't in biblical cannon. Hell, John the baptist contradicted Paul and co. too.

The difference is though the contradictions in outside texts contradict it to the point anyone with common sense will say, alright this book is a lie, where as the current contradictions you can sort of go around and make them work with one another. I've posted the contradictions and asked many others about them and always get different answers but they always make them try to match, where as in outside texts its always "no sense to it aint in the bible because its a hoax" without them even knowing anything in them.

As a Christian, why in the ? would I?

If you believe in the biblical gospels, why not read the other texts written by some of the same authors and around and sometimes before the bibles accepted ones? IMO most do not in fear of it proving the bible wrong and some people just couldnt handle that.

The idea of biblical cannon is to prevent this.

If they can change words that are inspired by ? anytime they want to make it fit current times, its ? . Anyone can take a prophecy and later make it fit to something, they can always make stories and fool people into believing them.

But he didn't? Jesus's very existance was supposed to be an act of mercy by ? on the Human race.

Please elaborate.

OT and the NT, they are completely different views, one is the unmerciful, jealous, ? killing people and no one can be forgiven. The new testament tries to make it all peaceful and that anyone can be forgiven. Yet it still has alot of ? in it that is detrimental and causes people to act on behalf of ? to accomplish something. That changes everything. People think the second coming will always be during their time, now we have ? that can really cause end times, and its only a matter of time before someone destroys alot of us trying to bring that second coming and fullfill the prophecy. The new testament makes it seem we dont have to be responsible for our actions, do as we please and Jesus will keep us safe as long as we accept him and ask for forgivness. Example at the store one day i was buyin gatorade, my wife said I should get the powder mix because we didnt have recycling pickup where I live now, some dude came up and told me not to worry about pollution that when ? feels we need help he will come rid the Earth of our problems, I told him I'd rather do my part and save the world I have to live in just incase ? does his usual and lets people die, then he tells me that ? directed me to the store so that he could tell me what ? has told him...... RIGHT there are millions of these people, we will all die because of them not because of black jesus.

Luke's gospel was there to demonstrate how Jesus fit the old testament's prophecies. What is there left to prove?

Luke writ the gospel so that these prophecies would seem to have come true
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Eh.... I'm gonna call it quits on the strength that you had an agenda with this thread that has more to do with your opinion than religion facts.

Though check your dates and authors cause your dates a lil suspect.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Excellent thread Chosen One......well done.

I notice the Christian freaks are a dying breed around here.....
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the bible completely ? on them
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Eh.... I'm gonna call it quits on the strength that you had an agenda with this thread that has more to do with your opinion than religion facts.

Though check your dates and authors cause your dates a lil suspect.

I have presented facts with my argument, it just wasnt the facts you had in mind. I based mine off the dates they are dated to through carbon dating and aligned with historical events coinciding with facual evidence of these events.

As far as the authors why should I recheck them? If they are wrong why were you speakin on the same exact authors on the same exact books. The only case you have is that i said followers of the disciples writ at least 3 of the major gospels where as others are written during a time when the acual author could have still been living.