50 Cent or Snoop Dogg which one do you think is the bigger failure?

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited September 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Not failure in the traditional sense but failure in terms of not living up to their potential, both rappers in a lot of ways are kind of similar both had great starts to their careers and both had great hype and exposure, but after their first album they have been mediocre. So in your opinion which rapper do you think never really lived up their potential.

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop, 50 was never that nice to me, even on his underground ? . Snoop on to other hand had skills but became a caricuture of himself with all that ? ? .
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Snoop, 50 was never that nice to me, even on his underground ? . Snoop on to other hand had skills but became a caricuture of himself with all that ? ? .

what happened was DOC stopped helping him write his rhymes and all he was left with was the ? ? plus it seemed he leaned more that way after he got off that murder case. but I still think snoop makes decent music from time to time and dropped good album after his debut just had some ? albums too. 50's music just isn't on the level as of right now. besides tracks on war angel I'm not sure I've felt any of his music sense his 2nd cd.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop Dogg fell off when Tupac died..
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop, 50 was never really that nice, he was a gimmick rapper and once the hype died down he just about completely dissapeared. Snoop still has a pretty good base and is still over everything, ? is on Larry King live 30 times a year, that's some ? 50 couldnt do.
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    SMH - only in the Hip Hop genre would fans label either one of these artists as a "failure" in any way shape or form. Hip Hop stays hatin itself
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    SMH - only in the Hip Hop genre would fans label either one of these artists as a "failure" in any way shape or form. Hip Hop stays hatin itself

exactly man 90% of this whole "reason" forum are haters, straight up haters and they don't even realize it...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop is the biggest failure. ? and The Last Meal are his only albums that are worth mentioning.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I sadly have to say Snoop. It's hard for me cuz I think ? is top 3 best albums I EVER heard including get rich or die trying. I only pick Snoop becuz rhyme for rhyme if it were a wax battle or definaly a freestyle battle(Snoop's still nice off the top)He could rap circles around 50 so it make sence that he has the bigger amount of potential that got wasted. Having said all this neither guy is down right terrible, they just play the commercial rap game.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I would have to go with 50................Snoop is a legend, he is the Jay of the West Coast, SMH @ ya ? Sayin Snoop is a Failure..............50 started out with a Bang now his a Career is a mere whimper, He coulda done so much for the game, represnted the Last Big NYC Dynasty(Dont ya ? Dare say DipSet) and the last big EastCoast Album...........VEry few folk Started there career off with a Classic LP, but could never follow up to that. his following 2 albums were weedplates. I think he spent his time More beefint with ? then trynna put out Quality music
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    snoop fell off after the murder trial, that ? lost his gangsta....

then pac died, deathrow collapsed and snoop just went off the radar as a real credible artist

snoop been living off his deathrow character ever si nce
  • krow132
    krow132 Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    have to say 50. 50 had one of the biggest buzzes and his first album was top notch in every shape or form.

I think 50 hurt himself with all the beef and his music kind of became sub par. Every now and then he'll put out something extremely dope that will make you say man what happened.

snoop on the other hand was always fairly consistent even though he never lived up after ? .
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop might be inconsistent but he can still put out a dope album like The Blue Carpet Treatment.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A better question should be who has shown the least growth?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    A better question should be who has shown the least growth?

50 easily...who would've predicted the same ? who made Murda Was The Case would also go on to make "Beautiful" w/ Pharell, songs with Johnny Cash and some of the other random people Snoop has worked with..he's transcended the rap genre but 50 is stuck there musically...he's still rapping about killing ? and how much ? he sells
  • krow132
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop might be inconsistent but he can still put out a dope album like The Blue Carpet Treatment.

didnt like Blue Carpet that much but Rhythm and G was ok to me. He still put decent stuff together
  • great l
    great l Members Posts: 393
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop is more of a disappointment to me. 50 cent had shown absolutely no growth but it seems Snoop actually regressed.
  • krow132
    edited April 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    50 easily...who would've predicted the same ? who made Murda Was The Case would also go on to make "Beautiful" w/ Pharell, songs with Johnny Cash and some of the other random people Snoop has worked with..he's transcended the rap genre but 50 is stuck there musically...he's still rapping about killing ? and how much ? he sells

yeah if its growth its def snoop
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options

How is this hating? You must not understand the thread premis.
    tri3w wrote: »
    I would have to go with 50................Snoop is a legend, he is the Jay of the West Coast, SMH @ ya ? Sayin Snoop is a Failure..............50 started out with a Bang now his a Career is a mere whimper, He coulda done so much for the game, represnted the Last Big NYC Dynasty(Dont ya ? Dare say DipSet) and the last big EastCoast Album...........VEry few folk Started there career off with a Classic LP, but could never follow up to that. his following 2 albums were weedplates. I think he spent his time More beefint with ? then trynna put out Quality music

50 was a lyricist in his early days before he got lazy and I agree with you, he could have been to NY in the mid 2000's to what DMX was in the late 90's or Biggie in the mid 90's, instead he made average at best music and only seem to put his best foot forward in lame beefs.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Threadstarter is a ?
  • krow132
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think alot of what has to do with 50 Cent's lack of growth is that he wasn't interested as much in being a great rapper versus creating a brand. You cant tell his focus is just being a great and wealthy businessman rather than a legendary rapper.

and thats not exactly a bad thing but when your love for rhyming is not up there, its going to stunt your growth
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »

50 was a lyricist in his early days before he got lazy and I agree with you, he could have been to NY in the mid 2000's to what DMX was in the late 90's or Biggie in the mid 90's, instead he made average at best music and only seem to put his best foot forward in lame beefs.

This is true. Snoop was never all that with the lyrics, but 50 was at the beginning, then got extremely lazy. He was so hungry at the beginning, he can care less about the quality of his music now, its all about appealing to the mass and attempting to sell records, which he recently has also failed at.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is true. Snoop was never all that with the lyrics, but 50 was at the beginning, then got extremely lazy. He was so hungry at the beginning, he can care less about the quality of his music now, its all about appealing to the mass and attempting to sell records, which he recently has also failed at.

Snoop was aight with his Lyrics, he wasnt a lyrical Malestorm but He was nice.............Fif came up hard but he lost the Fire
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    After ? he dropped like 3 duds in a row, Doggfather, The Game Is To Be Sold Not Told, and Top Dogg, he did redeem himself with Last Meal.
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoops downfall was No Limit.

50 just ran out of ? to say that would shock people.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i couldnt take the thread serious when you decided to somehow say The Massacre was "mediocre"