50 Cent or Snoop Dogg which one do you think is the bigger failure?

Options

Comments

• pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    i couldnt take the thread serious when you decided to somehow say The Massacre was "mediocre"

over 10mil records sold aint something mediocre
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^ sales dont mean ur a good rapper, sales mean ur a good product
  • pothead420
    edited April 2010
    Options

back den if u sold good it meant u were good so miss me with dat ?
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    After ? he dropped like 3 duds in a row, Doggfather, The Game Is To Be Sold Not Told, and Top Dogg, he did redeem himself with Last Meal.

^ ^Top Dog was alright, nuthin ground breaking but did have Bitchplease and a few other cool cuts on there.

N.E Ways as far as 50 goes,...I heard 50's old ? , it wasn't necessarilly all that lyrical either he just use to rap faster. LOL @ people acting like he was spitting incredible wordplay N ? .
  • questgod
    questgod Members Posts: 162
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if being multimillionaires is considered a failure, then i ask where can i sign up!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How are the sales of Massacre meaning the album wasn't mediocre?
  • pothead420
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How are the sales of Massacre meaning the album wasn't mediocre?

over 10mil people bought that ur ears hear different from those 10mil people
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pothead420 wrote: »
    over 10mil people bought that ur ears hear different from those 10mil people

No it sold despite the album being damn near wack.
  • pothead420
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No it sold despite the album being damn near wack.

let me ask u this
    did u buy the album?
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    let me ask u this
    did u buy the album?

yea i bought it because I thought the album might have been good even though I wasn't feeling none of the songs I heard prior (Disco Inferno, Candy Shop, Piggy Bank was alright though)
  • pothead420
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yea i bought it because I thought the album might have been good even though I wasn't feeling none of the songs I heard prior (Disco Inferno, Candy Shop, Piggy Bank was alright though)

so by ur preferences this wasn't a great album correct?
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    meanwhile AS WE SIT AND DISCUSS who is a failure more than the other, they remain rich as ? ! now that's a WIN in my eyes
  • dr.oliverpo
    dr.oliverpo Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man yall are ? Disrespectful.... SNOOP DOGG IS A F*CKIN HIP HOP LEGEND. He could do what ever he wants. He dropped I wanna Rock, what the ? has 50 cent dropped this year that was banging in the Clubs??? Snoop Dogg will always sell.

Only Hip Hop fans dis Legendary people like Snoop. Yall still want him to be Gangsta when the dude is almost 40 with a wife and 4 kids. Yall Foolish. Snoop is still a G and is mature at the sametime. Everyone loves him. What's with the disrespect.

Snoop could do Whatever the ? he wants right now livin out his dreams.
  • pothead420
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man yall are ? Disrespectful.... SNOOP DOGG IS A F*CKIN HIP HOP LEGEND. He could do what ever he wants. He dropped I wanna Rock, what the ? has 50 cent dropped this year that was banging in the Clubs??? Snoop Dogg will always sell.

Only Hip Hop fans dis Legendary people like Snoop. Yall still want him to be Gangsta when the dude is almost 40 with a wife and 4 kids. Yall Foolish. Snoop is still a G and is mature at the sametime. Everyone loves him. What's with the disrespect.

snoop paying ur bills huh
  • dr.oliverpo
    dr.oliverpo Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    snoop paying ur bills huh

? I like his music and I respect him that he's still around selling more than your favorite artist. And he's on Priority Records.
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so by ur preferences this wasn't a great album correct?

If you wanna call it that then yeah it wasn't a great album.

No one is dis respecting Snoop it aint like I said ? Snoop.
  • pothead420
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? I like his music and I respect him that he's still around selling more than your favorite artist. And he's on Priority Records.

my favorite artist is 2Pac i doubt he outselling him lmao u getting emotional for snoop ? crazy how many times did snoop pay ur car note?
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I haven't listened to Snoop in a long time and 50 is just horrible. I'm sure that their motivation has nothing to do with the love of music so I could care less about either one as of now.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm astounding even at this thread. 50 had more potential, even Snoop is overall better, but 50 is far from wack.
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    I'm astounding even at this thread. 50 had more potential, even Snoop is overall better, but 50 is far from wack.

how many times can 50 rhyme hood with good
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop ain't got nothin left to prove. He has carved his own niche in the game that no one else can emulate, and he gets love just abt everywhere he goes.......now honestly can u say the same thing abt 50........
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop is a legend that is undeniable but based on his talent he could have accomplished so much more.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

This is true, but IMO 'The Massacre' was a nice ass album. It maybe had somewhere around 3 true filler songs.

Eventho I don't recall anyone "specifically" saying 'The Massacre' was mediocre.
  • tony19
    tony19 Members Posts: 148
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop is a legend that is undeniable but based on his talent he could have accomplished so much more.

Dude done sold like over 20 million records or suttin like that not sayin record sales mean the album hot cuz i will admit a couple albums were kind of wack but i think any1 who can sell 20 million records and turn into a well payed actor and ceo is far from a failure plus seein how i dont think any1 on the ic got cake like Snoop or 50 4 that matter i dont think we really have a right 2 call either of them failures lol
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how many times can 50 rhyme hood with good

The same amount of times Pac could rhyme hennessy w/ enemies (penitentiary, etc.) LOL

But I agree, Fif could let those words breathe for a hot minute.