50 Cent or Snoop Dogg which one do you think is the bigger failure?

Options
13»

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    snoop has a classic 50 doesnt
  • longbeach_turnt_up
    longbeach_turnt_up Members Posts: 101
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so i guess snoop last 3 albums wasnt bangin? snoop puttin out some good ass music and yall ? cant do ? but hate....i dont even think none of u ? listen to his music but got the nerve to have a opinion

yall new age hip hop fans aint ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tony19 wrote: »
    Dude done sold like over 20 million records or suttin like that not sayin record sales mean the album hot cuz i will admit a couple albums were kind of wack but i think any1 who can sell 20 million records and turn into a well payed actor and ceo is far from a failure plus seein how i dont think any1 on the ic got cake like Snoop or 50 4 that matter i dont think we really have a right 2 call either of them failures lol

Maybe "failure" was a poor choice of word but Snoop had the talent to be in the goat discussion, he still had a good career but in my mind he is not one of the all time greats in hip hop. His catalog with the exception of ? isn't strong enough.
    iron man1 wrote: »
    snoop has a classic 50 doesnt

50 has Get Rich or Die Trying
    so i guess snoop last 3 albums wasnt bangin? snoop puttin out some good ass music and yall ? cant do ? but hate....i dont even think none of u ? listen to his music but got the nerve to have a opinion

yall new age hip hop fans aint ?

Blue Carpet Treatment was solid, the other 2 not so much. He gives you one decent/good album every 4/5 years he just isn't consistent enough.
  • AntonLATroy
    AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop is the biggest failure. ? and The Last Meal are his only albums that are worth mentioning.
    this and Snoop seems to be the king of backtracking, he also has showed no loyalty to just about anyone he has ever worked with(Dre,2pac, Kurupt,TrayDee, etc)
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop is the biggest failure. ? and The Last Meal are his only albums that are worth mentioning.

Blue Carpet Treament
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    how many times can 50 rhyme hood with good

Once, my ? . 50 is on the same level as Pac.
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    once, my ? . 50 is on the same level as pac.

....word??????
  • j-boogie the cancer
    j-boogie the cancer Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    50 the bigger failure. No one was able to create such a buzz like this fool had. This fool could have taken over the world, damn near could have ran for President if he wanted too. MTV, BET, hell VH1 showed him more love than they did for Em and he blew that ? . This fool ruined his career by chasing pointless beefs and flashing them big ass teeth all over the TV screen every chance he got till ppl got sick of his ass. I give him one classic album (GRODT) and one hot album, Massacre was a solid followup joint. Everything after that was trash. BISD is decent. No one has done more to ruin themselves except for Charles Hamilton and Yung Berg like 50.
  • JQUEENS21
    JQUEENS21 Members Posts: 228
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I guess they did not want to be a moderator that gets clowned on like it is never out of style.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    impala08 wrote: »
    Snoop definitely ain't no failure. He constantly finds ways to reinvent himself while remaining true to the dude everybody first fell in love with since Deep Cover. Say what you want, but Snoop is a rapper's rapper. He got skillz, but knows how to make the right songs at the right time to remain relevant. I was 12 years old when the dude first came out. I'm 30 now, and my little teenage cousins dig Snoop almost as much as I did when I was their age. Failures don't remain relevant the way this dude does. And just for the record, since I know some cats like to use album sales as a measure of success, here is a rundown of Snoop's sales History (US sales only). Got it from this page on Wikipedia if you want to cross reference what I'm posting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snoop_Dogg_discography

? : 4× Platinum

Tha Doggfather: 2× Platinum

Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told: 2× Platinum

No Limit Top Dogg: Platinum

Tha Last Meal: Platinum

Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss: Platinum

R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece: Platinum

Tha Blue Carpet Treatment: Platinum

His last two albums were Ego tripping and Malice in Wondaland. Wikipedia didn't have US Sales Posted for those two. Also keep in Mind he has one Platinum compilation album (Snoop Dogg Presents Tha Eastsidaz) and two Gold Compilation Albums (Duces 'n Trayz: The Old Fashioned Way & The Hard Way)

Skillz, Sales and Relevance....................He's got all bases sufficiently covered. How anyone could say this guy is a failure makes no sense to me.

Sidebar: 50 is no failure either. He was never that nice as an MC, but his ability as a business man helped him gain the kind of wealth in 5 years that took a lot of guys 15 years to get. I'm just saying.

/The realest post...
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    do people read
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    are u asking musically only? like, the quality of albums??

I was under the impression u meant like overall career stats..

musically .
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snoop to me is the bigger failure. He, to me, was the Best I ever heard, then Doggfather came out(with all those subliminal Pac disses, but thats another story) and completely went into another direction. He is great and far from a failure in the definition of the word, but he failed at being what he could have been and that is the undisputed GOAT, or at least Top 2 or 3.

I
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jrod44 wrote: »
    Snoop to me is the bigger failure. He, to me, was the Best I ever heard, then Doggfather came out(with all those subliminal Pac disses, but thats another story) and completely went into another direction. He is great and far from a failure in the definition of the word, but he failed at being what he could have been and that is the undisputed GOAT, or at least Top 2 or 3.

I

Kinda like Vince Carter who still had a great career but he is not in the goat discussion.
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kinda like Vince Carter who still had a great career but he is not in the goat discussion.

Thats a fair comparison, or a Frank Thomas. Great players, gonna be remembered but no one put them at the top, and Snoop was there for a split second.
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So who do people think has shown the least growth (better question than the one I posed)
  • fresh.k
    fresh.k Members Posts: 465
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Both could retire today and have more of a lasting legacy on hip hop than most of the other rappers mentioned on this forum, so I don't see how either one is a failure...
  • fresh.k
    fresh.k Members Posts: 465
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So who do people think has shown the least growth (better question than the one I posed)

50 has repeated his first albums' formula to mixed results each time

and snoops albums are usually hit or miss, none as good as ? ...

but Snoop has shown the most growth by far.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    damn who has ? off more...
  • Averian24
    Averian24 Members Posts: 44
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How is snoop a failure when he made 15 million this year according to forbes....... lol come on guys
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Snoop

he was raw back in the day....after DR he turned into a mediocre rapper
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Averian24 wrote: »
    How is snoop a failure when he made 15 million this year according to forbes....... lol come on guys

money doesnt = skill

snoop use to put effort into his music, his flow use to be dope, he'd come up with some classic rhymes, hooks

he fell off a long time ago

he's been living off his past glory for a decade
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Isnt snoop considered s ome what of a legend how cant that equal a failure