What genre do you wish never existed?

Options
waynefan
waynefan Members Posts: 129
edited October 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
For me New Jack swing which combined hip hop and R&B.There was some good music but infidelity and stuff but the 90's had good music but songs like" Creep" by TLC and "hes mins" which sounds like Knockin boots was just ? .Maybe then hip hop wouldn't sound like R&B and vice versa.My favorite hip hop decade was the 90's though but modern hip hop isn't real rap and I blame R&B for that like the hip hop sounding R&B gets called rap over real rap and I blame new jack swing not saying it all sucked but that is to blame for the decline or soulful R&B.

Comments

• iphucq
    iphucq Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this new gen ? rap
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    crunk for sure. thats what caused hip hops heart attack.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    whatever subgenre allowed rappers to say

"im not a rapper,im a hustler"

"? hip hop,this dope boy music"
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    reggaeton (it kind of counts?)

and Dope boy music. I ? wit Ross, (some) Jeezy, and virtually little no gotti, Waka, etc...but we really could've done without it.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This fusion techno rap ? ... Kesha, Pitbull and them ? .

And C/S reggaeton. That ? is ear ? .
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey..no dope rap we got no TI, no Jeezy, no Ross...come on yall...
    I just wish some of them Dope Rappers didn't exist...
    If I had to pick one genre, maybe gospel....even though Kirk Franklin got some cool songs to smoke to...
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Metal. It seems now rappers are borrowing ? from them. All the symbolism and ? is wack. Aslo metal music sounds horrible.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I love all kinds of music.. hard choice. Gospel and country are both things I dont really listen to but I don't want to hate on Gospel because of the religious views. I'ma have to go with club hip hop on this one starting with 2 Live Crew all the way down to that wack ass Pitbull/Ne-Yo song
  • BanjeeFish
    BanjeeFish Members Posts: 308
    edited September 2011
    Options
    waynefan wrote: »
    For me New Jack swing which combined hip hop and R&B.There was some good music but infidelity and stuff but the 90's had good music but songs like" Creep" by TLC and "hes mins" which sounds like Knockin boots was just ? .Maybe then hip hop wouldn't sound like R&B and vice versa.My favorite hip hop decade was the 90's though but modern hip hop isn't real rap and I blame R&B for that like the hip hop sounding R&B gets called rap over real rap and I blame new jack swing not saying it all sucked but that is to blame for the decline or soulful R&B.

I don't think you can really blame R&B for that, though. After all, Hip Hop was built on ? over Funk and Disco(R&B) tracks. I agree that both Hip Hop AND R&B have lost creativity and soul over the years, but I think there is more to it than to just say that it's R&B's fault or because of R&B's influence. Our society just isn't as musically creative these days.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    BanjeeFish wrote: »
    I don't think you can really blame R&B for that, though. After all, Hip Hop was built on ? over Funk and Disco(R&B) tracks. I agree that both Hip Hop AND R&B have lost creativity and soul over the years, but I think there is more to it than to just say that it's R&B's fault or because of R&B's influence. Our society just isn't as musically creative these days.

c/s

New Jack Swing was the ? , as well as as Hip Hop Soul....The problem started in the mid 00s' til present.
  • BanjeeFish
    edited September 2011
    Options
    On one hand, I'll say that there isn't any genre that I wish didn't exist because if there is anything I don't like - I just don't listen to it. And I'm not really invested in what other people are listening to.

At the same time, I do wish that a lot of the violent and disrespectful stuff didn't exist. I only say this because there are a lot of people out there who weren't raised right and/or don't have a strong, authentic sense of self and they take the violent and disrespectful lyrics as a role model to form their lives and attitudes - making society worse for the rest of us.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No Metal...If I had a choice.

Aside from that? There is too much Techno & Dance Music influence in today's black Music.

A lil is okay, but ? 's overboard & has been since 2009.
  • BanjeeFish
    edited September 2011
    Options
    House music used to be the ? until about 1995. Then it got all commercial and watered down.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited September 2011
    Options
    iphucq wrote: »
    this new gen ? rap

co-sign..........
  • salamerican1
    salamerican1 Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Juggalo music

psyche
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dubstep. ? ? me off.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    T-pain 808's & Drakes annoying whinny voice R&B.

Worse thing to affect both R&B and hip hop at the same time

"oh you cant sing..no problem our new genre allows ? singing combined with effects so you can still be a star!"

This will be R&B if this keeps up
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    BanjeeFish wrote: »
    On one hand, I'll say that there isn't any genre that I wish didn't exist because if there is anything I don't like - I just don't listen to it. And I'm not really invested in what other people are listening to.

At the same time, I do wish that a lot of the violent and disrespectful stuff didn't exist. I only say this because there are a lot of people out there who weren't raised right and/or don't have a strong, authentic sense of self and they take the violent and disrespectful lyrics as a role model to form their lives and attitudes - making society worse for the rest of us.

Truth right here. Why erase a genre of music that you don't even listen to? The only valid reason I could see for doing so would be the reason you stated, it condones violence..
    The other think I would like to see gone is that "i'm not a rapper" ? . That needs to stop a.s.a.p..

And for those saying metal and dubstep, those are two of the best genres of music.. you just gotta know where to look.
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    12yr old girl music "how to love"

47yr old no one my skin color will idenitfy music
  • MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited September 2011
    Options
    reggaeton, pop rap
  • PAPALAS
    PAPALAS Members Posts: 122
    edited September 2011
    Options
    80s, 90s gangsta rap...too many wannabes killing each other....
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No Limit/Cash Money Era. They opened door for a lot of garbage rappers and so is still today.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thankfully, neither one of them took off on a major level, but Reggaeton and Hyphy.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    southern ? rap