Did Obama Create A White House Position For One Of His College Professors

Options
toomy
toomy Members Posts: 369
edited September 2011 in The Social Lounge
According to wikipedia Obama appointed one of his Harvard Law College Professor, Lawrence Tribe to "senior counselor for access to Justice". I did a wikipedia search for this term and the page does not exist. So I'm assuming it was created in 2K10. Tribe admitted to plagarism in 2004. He resigned from the position in Nov. 2K10.

Tribe listed Obama in the Abstract of a paper he did entitled The Curvature of Constitutional Space: What Lawyers can Learn From Modern Physics published Nov. 1989.

Comments

• toomy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wikipedia says that tribe actively supported the candidacy of Obama and described Obama as the best student I ever had a phrase he also used to describe Kathleen Sullivan, who was in the running to replace Souter when he vacated his position to the Supreme Court. As everyone knows Kagan got that position. Tribe urged Obama to nominate Kagan to the Souter vacancy on the Supreme Court according to wikipedia.

For a college Professor this dude had a lot of influence on Obama.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    he hooked his boy up with a job. what of it?
  • toomy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »

He created a job for him. There was no senior counselor for Access to Justice in previous administrations to the best of my knowledge but I could be wrong.
  • toomy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was right. According to this article the job was especially created for him but the White House did appoint a new Counselor For Access To Justice in 2K11.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/t/laurence_h_tribe/index.html

The description says that his position suggest ways to improve legal services for the poor, find alternatives to court intensive litigation and strengthen the fairness and independence of domestic courts.
  • toomy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Guess how many meaningless, White House positions that George Bush created for his homies...when he became President?

Plus Guess how many people said, not one single word, about those hires??

I expected more from Obama even though I knew that he was no more than a puppet for white american liberal views. I'm not a Republican or a Democrat BTW.

But now with 2 and a half years under his belt he's more of a liberal republican.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    toomy wrote: »
    He created a job for him. There was no senior counselor for Access to Justice in previous administrations to the best of my knowledge but I could be wrong.

and??????????
    b*braze wrote: »