Life Around Creativity - "TheWeekEND.." Mixtape

Options
lac
lac Members Posts: 55
edited October 2011 in Roc The Mic Audio
What's up everyone!
We'd like to announce that our mixtape, "TheWeekEND.." has been officially released.
& we'd greatly appreciate it if all of you guys would support us!

So, here's the download link & it's absolutely FREE!

http://www.mediafire.com/?0th3byww5o2at36

Thank you guys for your continuous support & love!

Comments

• lac
    edited October 2011
    Options
    did you guys enjoy this mixtape?
  • CeZr
    CeZr Members Posts: 23
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Im downloading now, About to give it a listen. I'll give you my feed back once Im done champ.
  • CeZr
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Track 1. Fresh Friday
    Instrumental = 6/10
    I was feeling the sample, and the snare's was crisp as hell. Overall the beat was nice, kind of mellow but the drum's and percussions helped moved it in a tempo/arena a little above layed back
    Lyrics = 5/10
    No one really jumped out and caught my attention, no ear catching metaphor's or similes. Respect for keeping your lyrics real (Or so it appeared).

Track 2. Project Pimpin'
    Instrumental = ----
    I didn't give the beat a score due to me hearing this instrumental from somewhere before, so it didn't call for me to give it a rating. I forgot the producer who did this, but none the less...
    Lyrics = 5/10
    Same thing as track 1, Nothing really jumping out and demanded my attention.

Track 3. Her Steps (That Girl)
    Instrumental = 7.5/10
    Nice layed back mellow sample, the horn's wasn't over-powering and sat right in the beat correctly. nice drum's
    Lyrics = 4/10
    1st spitter sounded as if his rhyming wasn't fluid enough, sounded forced or blocked. the 2nd spitter sound just like Lupe on the first 1-4 bars lol but that's cool. lyrics again wasn't nothing too spectacular, the hook was ok....easy to remember and recite but nothing too mind blowing

Track 4. Blindside
    Instrumental = 3/10
    Instrumental sounded real dead, (no disrespect about this) but it sounded like 1 of them demo beat's that is pre-programmed inside a keyboard or something. wasn't feeling this beat.
    Lyrics = 3/10
    Sounding like the horse is well pummeled into a pulp by now but again as the previous 3 explanations.

Track 5. The Land
    Instrumental = 6/10
    Nice mellow intro, and mellow beat.
    Lyrics = 4/10
    eh, nothing to hold my attention hostage.

Track 6. So Good
    Instrumental = ---/10
    I think this is a MF Doom beat, so I won't judge this
    Lyrics = 2/10
    1st spitter rhyme tempo was nice and kept up with the track but it ended weak and again, nothing aww inspiring. 2nd spitter was ok, nothing special neither was the 3rd.

No disrespect, and I hope you understand this. but I didn't listening to the remaining tracks. my over feel for the 6 I did bump was no one had no real life to their flow, it sounded like the same thing over different beats for the 6 tracks.
  • lac
    edited October 2011
    Options
    yoo Cezr!
    First of all, much respect for taking the time to check us out! really appreciate that.
    secondly, props on the detailed feedback. i don't think a lot of people would actually break it down how you did. thank you.

no disrespect taken from you. we're still growing, trying to get better. always room for improvement. we were aiming for the chill/jazzy type feel on this mixtape just because we've never done it. & i see how you feel about the first 6 tracks. to be honest, the better songs are after those 6 lol. but it's cool, don't gotta keep going through it. what would you suggest we do as far as what you've critiqued? Is it better beats? work on lyrics? (although our lyrics are as real as you hear them, no act or front, for most instances) flow? tell us so for the next project i can make sure we've elevated.
  • CeZr
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'll give it a 2nd listen to bump the cut's beyond 6,

far as advice, me personally i enjoy lyricism & vocabulary. so I would suggest those 2 field's, far as the beat's I like sample based boom-bap and sample based knockers. overall you all are not terrible, I would purchase you all's projects before alot of other slum work that is saturated within the genre, so it's not a knock on you all at all. keep up your grind man, and if you have any more material I'll be willing to give it a ear.
  • lac
    edited October 2011
    Options
    aight cool!

word! i see you're a real hip hop mentalist. that's what's up! so are we! inspired by j dilla and what not. definitely will hit you whenever we need some honest feed.. good looks man! stay up!
  • CeZr
    edited October 2011
    Options