KFC's New "Double Down" Sandwich

focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Social Lounge
kfc-double-down-sandwich.jpg

Seriously?

Has anyone tried this yet? LOL...look, I'm not here to judge at all, just really think there should be a dialogue about this new...sandwich. I've seen actual spoofs about something like this (The Boondocks "Itis" episode, Paula Dean Saturday night live sketch, etc) so its both hilarious and unbelievable to me that something like this really exist now.

For the record, I've actually eaten one (mostly to prove to myself that this was real) and it was great. I just don't know if the heart palpitations I suffered for the next hour after were worth it. Just think its funny that with the state of obesity in this country someone had the gaul to do this.

Thoughts?

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    That ? look deadly.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    I ate one, its hella good but ? too unhealthy to eat more than one a month
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    lol...I ate one. :(

I don't see what th big deal is..it's pretty much like eating two chicken ? and a piece of cheese.

I thought it was pretty good. Not something I'd run back and reorder, but not bad at all.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    When I was in high school I woulda been first in line to get my hands on one of them. But that ? looks horrendous now that I don't eat fried garbage every day. I agree with Bill Maher, KFC should change their slogan to "Eat ? and die"
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    That ? gives me a heart attack just looking at it. No ? way man.
  • W!Z G
    W!Z G Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I ate one, its hella good but ? too unhealthy to eat more than one a month[/QUOTE]

No try a year that ? is fat on fat
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    it has 540 calories, the same as a Big Mac and less than a Whopper which has 670... its really not that serious.

i dont eat fast food often, but when next i'm at KFC ill try it out
    that's if they even sell it here lol.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited April 2010
    Its the sodium in it that will ? you. The cals arn't too bad.
  • BabyBugatti
    edited April 2010
    lol, probably
    but i only count calories.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    it has 540 calories, the same as a Big Mac and less than a Whopper which has 670... its really not that serious.

i dont eat fast food often, but when next i'm at KFC ill try it out
    that's if they even sell it here lol.

the sandwich must be small as hell if its only 540 calories

probably enough protein in it for the rest of the week though
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    yeah ? them cals....all that damn salt put together ? will run your blood pressure out your skin
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    northside7 wrote: »
    That ? look deadly.

Thats why I cant mess with that.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    shootemwon wrote: »
    When I was in high school I woulda been first in line to get my hands on one of them. But that ? looks horrendous now that I don't eat fried garbage every day. I agree with Bill Maher, KFC should change their slogan to "Eat ? and die"

The other day I started to have my mom get one of them the other day but I started thinking about them commercials and that ? just looks nasty and LOL @ Bill Maher and the bold.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Genocide. Crazy thing is people line up to be killed because that ? probably tastes so good.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I was in line to buy it on opening day but the KFC in my area didnt have it yet. I'mma get it 2moro and try it out.
  • shootemwon
    edited April 2010
    lol, probably
    but i only count calories.

LOL @ this logic. You only pay attention to calories, therefor as long as something aint high in calories it ain't bad for you.

No wonder you're obese
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    That thing looks nasty to me. Im straight.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    That thing looks nasty to me. Im straight.

Why you lie?

SmGdh @ the :13 mark....

? KFC for this ? ......
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Why you lie?

SmGdh @ the :13 mark....

? KFC for this ? ......
    lol ........
  • Ham&CheeseHotPoc
    Ham&CheeseHotPoc Members Posts: 215
    edited April 2010
    smh @ mudda fuckaz who will tongue the ? out of an ? , but complain about a chicken samich.
  • BabyBugatti
    edited April 2010
    shootemwon wrote: »
    LOL @ this logic. You only pay attention to calories, therefor as long as something aint high in calories it ain't bad for you.

No wonder you're obese

a. i know its not the best logic for healthy eating, but last time i heard it was my heart and i NEVER said if food was low in calories that automatically meant it was good for you.
    b. i am not obese so you can pass me with that ? .
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    My cousin tried it and he said he felt like he was having a heart attack.
    I'm waiting to hear the news that somebody died from eating that and some one sues KFC for it Lol
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010

but it has MORE THAN DOUBLE the cholesterol....

my ? Nate Silver broke it down......

I've created an index based on the amount of fat, sodium and cholesterol that the Double Down and a variety of comparable sandwiches contain as a portion of the USDA daily allowance. (In the fat category, saturated fats are counted double and trans-fats are counted triple.) The index is scaled such that the Original Recipe version of the sandwich receives a score of 1.00, a measure of gluttony that will hereafter be known as The Double Down (DD).

4533937842_74020c4e7c_o.png

All of those products, however, contain more -- often substantially more -- calories than does the Double Down. They have lots (and lots and lots) of bad stuff, but some good stuff like protein, iron and fiber as well. Their calories aren't quite so empty, and they damned well ought to leave you full.

So suppose instead that we re-calibrate our metric by dividing by the number of calories that each sandwich contains. This alternate measure, which we'll call Double Downs per Calorie (DDPC), gets at the idea of how bad each product is for you on a bite-by-bite basis.

4533302279_a1fc855031_o.png

So the Double Down is even less healthy than that ? Wendy's burger w/ 30 pieces of bacon on it.....damn
  • EnglishW
    EnglishW Members Posts: 65
    edited April 2010
    I would like to try this but we are quite late to food in the U.K.

I'm still waiting for Corndogs, Luck Charms and Cap'N Crunch (Cost about $15 here), Hot pockets, ? Hos, Candy Corn, Marshmellow fluff, Milk Duds, TV dinners, The list goes on....

Probably gna be waiting a while for this too.
  • shootemwon
    edited April 2010
    EnglishW wrote: »
    I would like to try this but we are quite late to food in the U.K.

I'm still waiting for Corndogs, Luck Charms and Cap'N Crunch (Cost about $15 here), Hot pockets, ? Hos, Candy Corn, Marshmellow fluff, Milk Duds, TV dinners, The list goes on....

Probably gna be waiting a while for this too.

You should consider yourself fortunate. Kids here grow up thinkin that garbage is good eating.