Aliens MAY exist...

Options

Comments

• independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Gotquestions.org can answer your questions. Research it for knoweldge, instruction, and wisdom. ? bless.

Question: "Why are there two different Creation accounts in Genesis chapters 1-2?"

Answer:
    Genesis 1:1 says, “In the beginning, ? created the heavens and the earth.” Later, in Genesis 2:4, it seems that a second, different story of creation begins. The idea of two differing creation accounts is a common misinterpretation of these two passages which, in fact, describe the same creation event. They do not disagree as to the order in which things were created and do not contradict one another. Genesis 1 describes the “six days of creation” (and a seventh day of rest), Genesis 2 covers only one day of that creation week—the sixth day—and there is no contradiction.

In Genesis 2, the author steps back in the temporal sequence to the sixth day, when ? made man. In the first chapter, the author of Genesis presents the creation of man on the sixth day as the culmination or high point of creation. Then, in the second chapter, the author gives greater detail regarding the creation of man.

There are two primary claims of contradictions between Genesis chapters 1-2. The first is in regard to plant life. Genesis 1:11 records ? creating vegetation on the third day. Genesis 2:5 states that prior to the creation of man “no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD ? had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground.” So, which is it? Did ? create vegetation on the third day before He created man (Genesis 1), or after He created man (Genesis 2)? The Hebrew words for “vegetation” are different in the two passages. Genesis 1:11 uses a term that refers to vegetation in general. Genesis 2:5 uses a more specific term that refers to vegetation that requires agriculture, i.e., a person to tend it, a gardener. The passages do not contradict. Genesis 1:11 speaks of ? creating vegetation, and Genesis 2:5 speaks of ? not causing “farmable” vegetation to grow until after He created man.

The second claimed contradiction is in regard to animal life. Genesis 1:24-25 records ? creating animal life on the sixth day, before He created man. Genesis 2:19, in some translations, seems to record ? creating the animals after He had created man. However, a good and plausible translation of Genesis 2:19-20 reads, “Now the LORD ? had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them, and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.” The text does not say that ? created man, then created the animals, and then brought the animals to the man. Rather, the text says, “Now the LORD ? had [already] created all the animals.” There is no contradiction. On the sixth day, ? created the animals, then created man, and then brought the animals to the man, allowing the man to name the animals.

By considering the two creation accounts individually and then reconciling them, we see that ? describes the sequence of creation in Genesis 1, then clarifies its most important details, especially of the sixth day, in Genesis 2. There is no contradiction here, merely a common literary device describing an event from the general to the specific.

no disrespect.. or im not tryna hurt your feelings.. but...
    you gotta be the most ignorant person ive ever "read".. i can just imagine you in person..
    if you actually believe that non-sense.. you got major issues.. i was raised a christian all my life- but i OPENED my eyes..
    you know how many people died with spreading that information around?
    why dont you look up gotquestions.org and look up for yourself..

religion reminds me of a car salesmen.. tryna sell you a 1984 Honda Civic.. they tell you all these supposed facts.. till you hit the nitty gritty.. they dont know ? bout the honda civic.. but they sure know how to spit "game"!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There's ONE ? , period, during this time there was ONE ? correct?

Why does it say, "make man in OUR image?"

Who's our, it's more than one.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »

Because ? is a Triune being. ? the Father, ? the Son, and ? the Holy Spirit. 1x1x1=1.
  • oh_word
    oh_word Members Posts: 56
    edited April 2010
    Options

"Our" is Jesus, Greek scripture tells you that Jesus was ? 's first creation, the word, which is why he is referred to as ? 's begotten son. Regardless of whether or not a person believes the bible to be true or literal, I have studied it and I have found no contradictions thus far.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oh_word wrote: »
    "Our" is Jesus, Greek scripture tells you that Jesus was ? 's first creation, the word, which is why he is referred to as ? 's begotten son. Regardless of whether or not a person believes the bible to be true or literal, I have studied it and I have found no contradictions thus far.

How can Jesus be Gods first creation when Jesus is ? ? Just wondering
  • oh_word
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I personally believe that there is some other form of life out there, green creatures with 100 eyes probably not. I think it's crazy, religious or not, to believe that space is as big as it is and there is no other forms of life anywhere else. It may not be intelligent life but the odds that it exists is greater than the odds that it doesn't. Even if a person is religious, alien life doesnt contradict ? in any way, the Holy books were given to be a guide through life as we know it but it doesn't say that our world is ? 's only creation.
  • oh_word
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How can Jesus be Gods first creation when Jesus is ? ? Just wondering

Jesus is not ? Almighty, the bible gives no real support to the trinity that is a pagan doctrine, the bible speaks of many gods even speaks of Satan as being the ? of this world. But Jesus has an origin and was dead for 3 days, he is a ? but not ? Almighty.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jesus is not ? Almighty, the bible gives no real support to the trinity that is a pagan doctrine, the bible speaks of many gods even speaks of Satan as being the ? of this world. But Jesus has an origin and was dead for 3 days, he is a ? but not ? Almighty.
    Interesting my friend. How do you reconcile these 2 passages of scripture then.

"Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!" John 8:58

"? replied to Moses, "I Am Who I Am. Say this to the people of Israel: I Am has sent me to you." Exodus 3:14

Why would Jesus say "I Am" if He wasn't ? ?
  • oh_word
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Interesting my friend. How do you reconcile these 2 passages of scripture then.

"Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!" John 8:58

"? replied to Moses, "I Am Who I Am. Say this to the people of Israel: I Am has sent me to you." Exodus 3:14

This proves nothing and its a very weak defense for the trinity. Jesus has seperated himself from his father in countless scriptures

"Why callest me good? There is none good but one, that is ? " (Matthew 19:17)

". . .for my Father is greater than I. . ." (John 14:28)

"My ? , my ? , why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46)

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32)

The bible says that Jesus was to be on the right hand of ? , again separating them from each other.

"Who has gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of ? " (Peter 3:22)

Jesus was dead for three days and was resurrected on the third day, what does the bible say about the condition of the dead?

"For the living know that they die, and the dead know not anything, and there is no more to them a reward, for their remembrance hath been forgotten." (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

How could ? Almighty die? He's the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and the end, if he were to die wouldn't everything else cease to exist?

Or what about in Luke 4:5-8 when Satan took Jesus to the mountain and tempted him with the Kingdoms of the world, what would be the purpose in Satan tempting ? ? No purpose but I will tell you the purpose in him tempting Jesus, who was separate from ? , same situation as with Job he was challenging man's faithfulness to ? , if Jesus would have accepted that would prove that Satan was correct in challenging ? 's sovereignty. How could he use ? to challenge his own right to rule?

Also Jesus didnt even know who he was so to speak until he was an adult, how can you be ? Almighty and not know it?

If none of that helps you, there's always common sense, 1+1 is always 2. Although you are the likeness of your father and may even have his name look and act like him you are still a separate being.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

I am has nothing to do with being ? . He is simply stating who he is by stating, "I am". That's the only real answer anyone who is truly 'awake' could ever say when asked 'Who are you?' I just am...
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Gotquestions.org can answer your questions. Research it for knoweldge, instruction, and wisdom. ? bless.

Question: "Why are there two different Creation accounts in Genesis chapters 1-2?"

Answer:
    Genesis 1:1 says, “In the beginning, ? created the heavens and the earth.” Later, in Genesis 2:4, it seems that a second, different story of creation begins. The idea of two differing creation accounts is a common misinterpretation of these two passages which, in fact, describe the same creation event. They do not disagree as to the order in which things were created and do not contradict one another. Genesis 1 describes the “six days of creation” (and a seventh day of rest), Genesis 2 covers only one day of that creation week—the sixth day—and there is no contradiction.

In Genesis 2, the author steps back in the temporal sequence to the sixth day, when ? made man. In the first chapter, the author of Genesis presents the creation of man on the sixth day as the culmination or high point of creation. Then, in the second chapter, the author gives greater detail regarding the creation of man.

There are two primary claims of contradictions between Genesis chapters 1-2. The first is in regard to plant life. Genesis 1:11 records ? creating vegetation on the third day. Genesis 2:5 states that prior to the creation of man “no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD ? had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground.” So, which is it? Did ? create vegetation on the third day before He created man (Genesis 1), or after He created man (Genesis 2)? The Hebrew words for “vegetation” are different in the two passages. Genesis 1:11 uses a term that refers to vegetation in general. Genesis 2:5 uses a more specific term that refers to vegetation that requires agriculture, i.e., a person to tend it, a gardener. The passages do not contradict. Genesis 1:11 speaks of ? creating vegetation, and Genesis 2:5 speaks of ? not causing “farmable” vegetation to grow until after He created man.

The second claimed contradiction is in regard to animal life. Genesis 1:24-25 records ? creating animal life on the sixth day, before He created man. Genesis 2:19, in some translations, seems to record ? creating the animals after He had created man. However, a good and plausible translation of Genesis 2:19-20 reads, “Now the LORD ? had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them, and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.” The text does not say that ? created man, then created the animals, and then brought the animals to the man. Rather, the text says, “Now the LORD ? had [already] created all the animals.” There is no contradiction. On the sixth day, ? created the animals, then created man, and then brought the animals to the man, allowing the man to name the animals.

By considering the two creation accounts individually and then reconciling them, we see that ? describes the sequence of creation in Genesis 1, then clarifies its most important details, especially of the sixth day, in Genesis 2. There is no contradiction here, merely a common literary device describing an event from the general to the specific.

1st bold. clearly the word "already " was added by the author of this article because the original text does not use the word "already". it says "now". meaning at that moment, after adam was created.

and the second chapter says ? created the animals so that adam would have a "helper". which means adam had to be created first.

18 The LORD ? said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." 19 Now the LORD ? had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air.

2nd bold. This isn't true. The first chapter of genesis says that ? created the "living creatures" and "birds of the sky" on the fifth day, and created man on the sixth day.

20. And ? said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So ? created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And ? saw that it was good. 22 ? blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

Again one says animal then man, the other says man then animal.

And this doesn't answer why one chapter says ? created "male" and "female" together, while the other chapter says he created man first, then later created female.

So there is still a contradiction.

please explain?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This proves nothing and its a very weak defense for the trinity. Jesus has seperated himself from his father in countless scriptures

"Why callest me good? There is none good but one, that is ? " (Matthew 19:17)

". . .for my Father is greater than I. . ." (John 14:28)

"My ? , my ? , why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46)

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32)

The bible says that Jesus was to be on the right hand of ? , again separating them from each other.

"Who has gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of ? " (Peter 3:22)

Jesus was dead for three days and was resurrected on the third day, what does the bible say about the condition of the dead?

"For the living know that they die, and the dead know not anything, and there is no more to them a reward, for their remembrance hath been forgotten." (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

How could ? Almighty die? He's the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and the end, if he were to die wouldn't everything else cease to exist?

Or what about in Luke 4:5-8 when Satan took Jesus to the mountain and tempted him with the Kingdoms of the world, what would be the purpose in Satan tempting ? ? No purpose but I will tell you the purpose in him tempting Jesus, who was separate from ? , same situation as with Job he was challenging man's faithfulness to ? , if Jesus would have accepted that would prove that Satan was correct in challenging ? 's sovereignty. How could he use ? to challenge his own right to rule?

Also Jesus didnt even know who he was so to speak until he was an adult, how can you be ? Almighty and not know it?

If none of that helps you, there's always common sense, 1+1 is always 2. Although you are the likeness of your father and may even have his name look and act like him you are still a separate being.

1. Denying clear teaching about the Diety of Jesus Christ is expected from non-believers, mormons, Jehovah witnesses, etc. So I will pray that the Lord will open your mind and heart to receive truth. Only Jesus Christ, the ? of all creation, can give you understanding in regards to who He is and what He did for you.

2. Why did you fail to address the scriptures I posted? How is John 8:58 and Exodus 3:14 a "weak defense for the trinity?" Jesus said that "I Am" in John 8:58. When ? identified Himself to Moses at the burning bush, He told Moses, "I Am." This is clear teaching my friend. It's not rocket science. It's not even semantics. Let ? speak and He will teach you my brother. Are you willing to open your ears to receive truth?

3. Matthew 19:17. You have to look at context brother. When Jesus was approached by the rich young ruler, he called Jesus good. Well the Bible clearly teaches that there is no one good, but ? . So Jesus was telling the rich young ruler, who He was. If you are going to call me good, then you are identifing me as ? , which of course Jesus Christ is.

4. John 14:28. This is a statement of subordination to the Father. Jesus Christ laid aside His glory which He had before He came to this earth to redeem mankind. In doing so, He was in subordination to the Father. ? exists in 3 persons. Each are fully divine and fully one. But they are all distinct and all have overlapping roles. The Son never commands the Father; He only obeys Him.

5. Matthew 27:46. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Jesus Christ bore the sin of the world on the cross at Calvary. ? the Father did not turn His back on Jesus Christ. ? the Father turned His back on the Sin of me, you, and everybody who has ever lived while Jesus was bearing the penalty that sin deserves. Jesus died for us, so that we might live. All who believe on His name will never be ashamed. Hallelujah!

6. Mark 13:32. Again, this speaks of the Son laying aside His glory and prerogatives of Deity when He came to this earth. When the Son became a man, He did not cease to be divine, but He condescended to live as humans properly should-in full dependence upon, and submission to, ? the Father by the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is our perfect example. Now that Jesus Christ has been resurrected and glorfied, He of course knows when He is coming back. But at the time that this took place on earth some 2,000 years ago, only the Father knew the timing of Jesus Christ second coming.

7. Peter 3:22. Verses such as this one, which speak of the right hand indicate clearly who Jesus is and that when He sat down at the right hand of the Father in heaven He was merely returning to His rightful place which He had from all eternity before the incarnation. Though human terminology is used, the central meaning is clear. Jesus came to earth, was incarnated as a man for a specific purpose at a particular time in history. When that purpose was complete He went back to His rightful place of authority with the Father.

8. Ecclesiastes 9:5. Jesus Christ descended into the lower parts of the earth to proclaim His victory, lead captivity captive, and give gifts unto men. Here are 2 passages of scripture which support this.

"For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to ? , having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; 19 in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, 20 who once were disobedient, when the patience of ? kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water." 1 Peter 3:18-20

"When He ascended on high, He led captive a host of captives, and He gave gifts to men. 9 Now this expression, 'He ascended,' what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things..." Ephesians 4:8-10

9. ? Did not die. The Son gave His life (Body) to be a ransom for many. ? laid down His life (body) so that His blood could make an atonement for sin. ? is a spirit, who took on flesh in order to save humanity. Gods spirit never dies, because it is eternal. It has no beginning and it has no end. His body was crucified so that you, me, and everybody who ever has lived on this earth, could receive salvation through faith in Him.

10. The temptation of Jesus Christ in the wilderness is a testament to His Deity. Hebrews 4:15 states, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." He is our perfect example my friend. The only one who can defeat the enemy is ? . And because ? has crushed the serpents head, all who believe in Him, have authority over the enemy as well. Hallelujah to the king!

11. I have answered your points my friend. Now will you be willing to receive more knowledge, wisdom, instruction, and evidence for the deity of Jesus Christ?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    I am has nothing to do with being ? . He is simply stating who he is by stating, "I am". That's the only real answer anyone who is truly 'awake' could ever say when asked 'Who are you?' I just am...

If I the title "I am" has nothing do with being ? , why did ? identify Himself as "I am" to Moses in the burning bush?

"And ? said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." Exodus 3:14
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1st bold. clearly the word "already " was added by the author of this article because the original text does not use the word "already". it says "now". meaning at that moment, after adam was created.

and the second chapter says ? created the animals so that adam would have a "helper". which means adam had to be created first.

18 The LORD ? said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." 19 Now the LORD ? had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air.

2nd bold. This isn't true. The first chapter of genesis says that ? created the "living creatures" and "birds of the sky" on the fifth day, and created man on the sixth day.

20. And ? said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So ? created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And ? saw that it was good. 22 ? blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

Again one says animal then man, the other says man then animal.

And this doesn't answer why one chapter says ? created "male" and "female" together, while the other chapter says he created man first, then later created female.

So there is still a contradiction.

please explain?

Again there is no contradiction my friend. The first chapter of Genesis gives the general scope of creation. Chapter 2 gives the details of creation, specifically the creation of man. There is no contradiction if you would just let the text and ? speak to your heart. Do you believe in Jesus Christ my brother?
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Because ? is a Triune being. ? the Father, ? the Son, and ? the Holy Spirit. 1x1x1=1.

Jesus wasn't created then.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jesus wasn't created then.
    Exactly. He is ? . The Alpha and Omega.
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Exactly. He is ? . The Alpha and Omega.

So there was 3 of them in the beginning? I mean, all in one but still, 3.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So there was 3 of them in the beginning? I mean, all in one but still, 3.
    Yes. Do you believe this?
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yes. Do you believe this?

Yes, of course. But I don't believe it was since the beginning.

If Jesus wasn't created then and died then, then there wasn't a trinity to begin with. Only the fact after he was sent by ? to die was it then that the trinity was fulfilled.

That's the only logic that works. I'm not doubting or not believing it, I'm just stating that there couldn't have been 3 in the beginning when Jesus wasn't created yet. Not to mention, at the time, ? was the only one. There weren't even angels, so how was there a holy spirit?
  • _Ozymandias_
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Again there is no contradiction my friend. The first chapter of Genesis gives the general scope of creation. Chapter 2 gives the details of creation, specifically the creation of man. There is no contradiction if you would just let the text and ? speak to your heart. Do you believe in Jesus Christ my brother?

i'm sorry but there is clearly a contradiction. you didn't address my specific concerns.

if the first chapter says ? created animals on the firth day of creation, and man on the 6th day. then the second chapter says ? created man first, and then he created animals specifically to be his helper that is an contradiction. if the bible is the absolute truth then which did ? create first? man or animal? both can't be true.

and i knew you would ask if i believe in jesus, because every time i bring up this blatant contradiction to a devout christian and they can't explain it then they ask, "well do you believe in ? ? if so, then you just have to believe in the word." but they never answer my question.

ftr, i believe in ? , but i don't believe that the bible is the absolute end-all-be-all word of ? . the books of the bible were never meant to be read literally. they're stories and poems (some of which is based on historical facts, but not all) that should be used to get better understanding of our lives, ? , and how to create a better relationship with him. anyone who preaches that the events in the bible are absolute historical truth is distorting its meaning.

i can understand why people in biblical times may have accepted the stories as true events, but any logical person in 2010 understands that stories like the creation of man, ? and gomorrah, and jonah and the whale are nothing more than allegories.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yes, of course. But I don't believe it was since the beginning.

If Jesus wasn't created then and died then, then there wasn't a trinity to begin with. Only the fact after he was sent by ? to die was it then that the trinity was fulfilled.

That's the only logic that works. I'm not doubting or not believing it, I'm just stating that there couldn't have been 3 in the beginning when Jesus wasn't created yet. Not to mention, at the time, ? was the only one. There weren't even angels, so how was there a holy spirit?

? is a spirit. Before the creation of all that we see, ? was. Jesus Christ the Son existed as a spirit because He is a spirit. ? is a spirit. It says in John 1:1-5, "1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with ? , and the Word was ? . 2The same was in the beginning with ? . 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

Jesus Christ, the Son, is the Word. And the Word is ? . Now the Word became flesh according to John 1:14, "14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." So you see ? became a man in order to redeem man. Just because Jesus Christ didn't have a physical body before He became man, does't mean He was created. Jesus Christ has always been. He just now exists as a physical being. When we see Jesus, ? the Son, we will see Him in a physical glorified body. Hallelujah!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i'm sorry but there is clearly a contradiction. you didn't address my specific concerns.

if the first chapter says ? created animals on the firth day of creation, and man on the 6th day. then the second chapter says ? created man first, and then he created animals specifically to be his helper that is an contradiction. if the bible is the absolute truth then which did ? create first? man or animal? both can't be true.

and i knew you would ask if i believe in jesus, because every time i bring up this blatant contradiction to a devout christian and they can't explain it then they ask, "well do you believe in ? ? if so, then you just have to believe in the word." but they never answer my question.

ftr, i believe in ? , but i don't believe that the bible is the absolute end-all-be-all word of ? . the books of the bible were never meant to be read literally. they're stories and poems (some of which is based on historical facts, but not all) that should be used to get better understanding of our lives, ? , and how to create a better relationship with him. anyone who preaches that the events in the bible are absolute historical truth is distorting its meaning.

i can understand why people in biblical times may have accepted the stories as true events, but any logical person in 2010 understands that stories like the creation of man, ? and gomorrah, and jonah and the whale are nothing more than allegories.
    There is no contradiction my friend. I don't understand what your seeing. ? created sea creatures on the 5th day. Land animals were created on the 6th day. Where is the contradiction? ? just gives details about the 6th day of creation in the 2nd chapter of Genesis. I just don't understand how you see a contradiction.

Have you accepted Jesus Christ to be your personal Lord and Savior?
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man wtf, This hawking dude ain't dead. Last time I saw him on T.V. he had to blink to communicate. He could not do a damn thing and his assistant and wife were the only ones who could understand him. He so damn smart why cant he cure himself?
  • _Ozymandias_
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There is no contradiction my friend. I don't understand what your seeing. ? created sea creatures on the 5th day. Land animals were created on the 6th day. Where is the contradiction? ? just gives details about the 6th day of creation in the 2nd chapter of Genesis. I just don't understand how you see a contradiction.

Have you accepted Jesus Christ to be your personal Lord and Savior?

the contradiction comes down to this question which did ? create first man or animal?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the contradiction comes down to this question which did ? create first man or animal?

Genesis 1 and 2 serve different purposes. Chapter one (including 2:1-4) focuses on the order of the creation events; chapter two (actually 2:5-25) simply provides more detailed information about some of the events mentioned in chapter one. Chapter two never was meant to be a chronological regurgitation of chapter one, but instead serves its own unique purpose—i.e., to develop in detail the more important features of the creation account, especially the creation of man and his surroundings.