Some things about "Baby Boy" I never understood..

Options
blank..
blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Its a good movie and all that.

Seen it like 6 times but never understood why Rodneys (Snoop Dogg) boys (Goldie Loc and Tray Dee) didnt come back and do what they should have did, and that was to clip Jody and eliminate him from earth.

Also that Ving Rhames scene where he wraps up the gun, its strange to me.. was he trying to prevent further bloodshed or is there a deeper message there?

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if they killed jody that would have ended the movie bruh....plus they wasnt gone do him broad daylight at the ? crib...i thought ving had just been thru all that and was helping the ? out...he already knew what time it was, respected it, and got that hot ass pistol out the house!!
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    that ? was funny as ? when snoop kicked the lil ? fort over
  • blank..
    edited September 2011
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    if they killed jody that would have ended the movie bruh....plus they wasnt gone do him broad daylight at the ? crib...i thought ving had just been thru all that and was helping the ? out...he already knew what time it was, respected it, and got that hot ass pistol out the house!!

Nah you misjudging the situation.. Jody was having panic attacks and crying and ? , and when Omar Gooding shot Snoop dead he screams "NOO!" he didnt want that to happen.

I would rather see an ending like Menace or Dead Presidents the ? was almost neccessary the way it went down.

So you saying Ving was just watching out for himself, not Jody?

Because they did want to ? eachother at one point.
  • HafBayked
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

lol...just like a grumpy ass sorry ? ...."morning scruub"
  • blank..
    edited September 2011
    Options

Yeh Snoop just look funny in general.

He wake up like "Wattup scrub?"

"Oh I see you got a fort happening"..

Then he get up off the couch, "? your fort lil ? " and kicks the ? down.

AAAHHAHAHAHHAHAH
  • HafBayked
    edited September 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    Nah you misjudging the situation.. Jody was having panic attacks and crying and ? , and when Omar Gooding shot Snoop dead he screams "NOO!" he didnt want that to happen.

I would rather see an ending like Menace or Dead Presidents the ? was almost neccessary the way it went down.

So you saying Ving was just watching out for himself, not Jody?

Because they did want to ? eachother at one point.

nah mane he was lookin out period....jody never said anything, so to his (ving's) knowledge this ? just murdered somebody himself....ving already been to prison and the whole nine, and he know this lil ? aint really no killer and he dont need that....he took the piece, wiped it down, and made that ? go away....
  • blank..
    edited September 2011
    Options
    nah mane he was lookin out period....jody never said anything, so to his (ving's) knowledge this ? just murdered somebody himself....ving already been to prison and the whole nine, and he know this lil ? aint really no killer and he dont need that....he took the piece, wiped it down, and made that ? go away....

Right, sounds like something along the lines of how that whole ending played out..
  • lamontbdc
    edited September 2011
    Options

AAAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

that ? was just too dam funny. and at the end where he was running from tyrese. ? just had me dying.
  • HafBayked
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Right, sounds like something along the lines of how that whole ending played out..

yeah it was all just about coming of age and learning life lessons and ? ....white people didnt understand this....thought it was just another gangster movie...? had a message tho
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The reason why Snoop's homies didn't retaliate is becuz they was soft and not really bout that gangsta life

Proof: When Rodney went to shoot up Jodie, Rodney was the only one shootin, them other ? was probably in there shittin they pants

They was always at Yvette house wit Rodney, but when Jody and Pea cut off the lights in the house them ? was no where to be found. They stopped fuccin wit Rodney after he tried to ? Jody....
    Them ? froze up when Jody came to Yvette house to picc up Jojo.... they waited for him to get all the way down the steps before they came outside and started talkin ? .... and when they came outside Rodney was the only ones talkin, them other ? hushed up

the Ving Rhames/Tyrese gun wipin scene symbolized "wiping the slate clean"
    Ving wiped the gun clean, then he passed it to Jody to wipe it clean

When Ving came in the room he already knew Jody had done somethin

its likely that Ving and Jody's mama new about the whole Rodney situation the whole time

So Ving new Jody had done somethin he didn't mean to do... and he got a gun so he probably shot a ?

Plus that was Ving's character Melvin chance to show that he really does care about Jody and his mother, and he doesn't want Jody to go down the same path he did
    He had choked Jody up
    was growin the weed in the garden
    knocced Jody out and tore up some furniture

It was time for him to take responsibility for his actions and also prove that he can be a male figure in Jody's life that will guide him down the right path

I'm high az fucc right now
  • blank..
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The reason why Snoop's homies didn't retaliate is becuz they was soft and not really bout that gangsta life

Proof: When Rodney went to shoot up Jodie, Rodney was the only one shootin, them other ? was probably in there shittin they pants

They was always at Yvette house wit Rodney, but when Jody and Pea cut off the lights in the house them ? was no where to be found. They stopped fuccin wit Rodney after he tried to ? Jody....
    Them ? froze up when Jody came to Yvette house to picc up Jojo.... they waited for him to get all the way down the steps before they came outside and started talkin ? .... and when they came outside Rodney was the only ones talkin, them other ? hushed up

the Ving Rhames/Tyrese gun wipin scene symbolized "wiping the slate clean"
    Ving wiped the gun clean, then he passed it to Jody to wipe it clean

When Ving came in the room he already knew Jody had done somethin

its likely that Ving and Jody's mama new about the whole Rodney situation the whole time

So Ving new Jody had done somethin he didn't mean to do... and he got a gun so he probably shot a ?

Plus that was Ving's character Melvin chance to show that he really does care about Jody and his mother, and he doesn't want Jody to go down the same path he did
    He had choked Jody up
    was growin the weed in the garden
    knocced Jody out and tore up some furniture

It was time for him to take responsibility for his actions and also prove that he can be a male figure in Jody's life that will guide him down the right path

I'm high az fucc right now

Yo you touched all the major parts with that recap.

I dont know how you got the "? " vibe off of Rodney homies though?

And also, why would Melvin be growing weed in the garden that ? is also weird.

The gun scene with Melvin and the cloth, yeh that ? sounds like what I had though, wiping or washing his hands from that life.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The movie is not a masterpiece but its funny and entertaining....but BET pretty much played even though I never watched....
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Who was the ? talking about "You better come get this ? "?
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The ending was unrealistic....9 out of ten snoops homies would of retaliated. Even John singleton killed off ice cube in boyz n the hood cause he knew the reality in situations like that. The last picnic scene leaves me shaking my head in disbelief everytime I see it like "yeah right".
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    that chase scene at the end was funny as fk thou

the look on snoop face when he was running was like he just saw michael myers
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That movie was ass
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

word life...you wrap that hot ? like a potato and dump...

And for real, its almost an act of miracle that Jody made it...he was given a second chance...

Sometimes ? like that happens, the only question is...will you capitalize the opportunity when it comes?

Good flick doe...nothing but heavy mentals and knowledge...

I think they should re-release that movie...these new ? need to watch that over again...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Snoop was trill as ? " chill Yvette, im trying to set the mode" while listening to Bootsy
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I got heat for ? like you 10 mins later he getting choked up lol
  • dan_the_man.com
    dan_the_man.com Members Posts: 701
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One thing I know that it was a lousy movie. I understood the message and all, but it was lousy.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have never liked this movie. I know it was suppose to have a messages but it wasn't convey like Boyz in the Hood or Menace to Society
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Too bad Pac got killed b/c John Singleton had written the role of Jody for Pac
  • lamontbdc
    edited September 2011
    Options

that's a classic movie scene. i haven't been able to take snoop seriously ever since this movie.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options

AAAHHAHAHAHHAHAH
    classic moment