First Official Dark Shadows Pic Arrives

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
First Official Dark Shadows Pic Arrives
Meet the family
23 September 2011 | Written by James White | Source: Entertainment Weekly

They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious and spooky… No, hang on… That’s the Addams Family. This weird bunch is the gathered members and associated hangers-on of Barnabas Collins’ (Johnny Depp) family in Dark Shadows. Take a gander at the first official shot of them gathered below.

dark-shadows_810.jpg

Likely released to combat the recent outburst after pap shots of Depp as Collins found their way online – and sparked complaints that he looked like Michael Jackson crossed with his own take on Wllly Wonka – this is the studio-approved first glimpse.

According to Depp, it was partly his idea to get everyone together for the group snap: “I remember seeing a group photograph of the cast of the original series,” he tells EW. “For me it captured the weird Dark Shadows vibe in a single image. I had a brief window of opportunity to have our cast present at the same time, the day before principle photography began. We decided to stage a similar picture instead of rehearsing, to see if we captured the Dark Shadows feeling.”

Dark Shadows finds Depp as Collins, a man turned into a vampire in the 18th century, who has been buried for two centuries in a tomb and awakens in the 1970s to find a world much changed. He sets about finding his descendants and settling some scores.

So let’s go left to right, shall we? There’s Helena Bonham Carter as Dr Julia Hoffman, Chloe Moretz as Carolyn Stoddard, Eva Green as Angelique Bouchard, Gulliver McGrath as David Collins, Bella Heathcote as Victoria Winters, Depp as Collins, Ray Shirley as housekeeper Mrs Johnson, Jackie Earle Haley as Willie Loomis, Johnny Lee Miller as Roger Collins and Michelle Pfeiffer as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard. For a full breakdown of what everyone will be getting up to, head on over to Entertainment Weekly.

With Tim Burton directing, Dark Shadows will creep into cinemas on May 11.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32070