Our kids see no Color/Race

2»

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    twinzmom wrote: »
    WOW!! :tu

Thats how I see it and my kids get to be around my family and their father's family equally. So they are not developing an identity based on race.

That well and noble but please read that article.. that article confirmed al ot of what i have known to be true myself..

http://www.newsweek.com/id/214989
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    every time i smash a black chick..

racism fades further and further into bolivia
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    I'm glad to see that MY platinum + certified thread inspired this one.

And yes, not seeing color is ignorant because it shows an obvious lack of consciousness. And it's that consciousness that allows us to accept certain realities and whatnot.

Too bad it won't be as successful as mine. ROFL
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Somebody should make a thread about people who take their e-rep too seriously.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Somebody should make a thread about people who take their e-rep too seriously.

That wasn't really necessary but I forgive you.
  • tangible thoughts
    tangible thoughts Members Posts: 312
    edited April 2010
    i dont see race at all... people are people.
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2010
    i dont see race at all... people are people.

Doubt it. people are people..... but seeing race is not a bad thing.. its a conscious thing..we are all note the same.. we are different
    we should respect and accept those differences.. not ignore them
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited April 2010
    Seeing no color adds to ignorance. It's the little black kids that grow up thinking they're one of the white kids that have the hardest time when they go to college and realize that most white people aren't like the ones in their neighborhood. ? , I had that problem to an extent when I came to college. I think what we need to do is point out race to our kids, show them how it affects them, but also teach them that it isn't a barometer for character. Now y ou wouldn't do all this with a 5 year old, so it's just a part of child rearing. I tell my fraternity brothers, friends, etc. History tells me not to trust white people as a race of people. That doesn't mean I won't give every white person the benefit of the doubt. If that makes any sense.
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2010
    Seeing no color adds to ignorance. It's the little black kids that grow up thinking they're one of the white kids that have the hardest time when they go to college and realize that most white people aren't like the ones in their neighborhood. ? , I had that problem to an extent when I came to college. I think what we need to do is point out race to our kids, show them how it affects them, but also teach them that it isn't a barometer for character. Now y ou wouldn't do all this with a 5 year old, so it's just a part of child rearing. I tell my fraternity brothers, friends, etc. History tells me not to trust white people as a race of people. That doesn't mean I won't give every white person the benefit of the doubt. If that makes any sense.

Well said.. yes it does make sense....

When we become "one"... who do we become....?? id say race matters.. Like i previously stated.. or alluded to.. I would rather not assimilate.. it bad enough we had to grow a whole other tree.. over here.. when our roots were dug up and destroyed..From an African American perspective we have a makeshift culture.. that is patchwork from what was already here.. to what we brought on the trip over.. to what our ancestors instinctively held on to consciously and subconsciously from the motherland.. there is already a huge disconnect.. We went from say it loud im black in im proud.. to... niggativity.... not to say that there wasnt ? we had to deal with then and before.. but we swam far from the shores of self love and community..
    Damn i kinda went off on some other ? but..

Check that article Darc posted
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    That's the problem really. No matter how much we think we can fully assimilate, it will never happen. That's one of the biggest lies the white man has ever told us: It's ok to let go of your identity and strive to be like them

If and when I have kids, I will be washing over them both cultures (jamaican and black american) and they will know that they ARE NOT and NEVER WILL BE white and they will be proud of their heritage. They don't have to be on some Black Nationalism ? but there is nothing better than a black man that has knowledge of self.
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2010
    That's the problem really. No matter how much we think we can fully assimilate, it will never happen. That's one of the biggest lies the white man has ever told us: It's ok to let go of your identity and strive to be like them

If and when I have kids, I will be washing over them both cultures (jamaican and black american) and they will know that they ARE NOT and NEVER WILL BE white and they will be proud of their heritage. They don't have to be on some Black Nationalism ? but there is nothing better than a black man that has knowledge of self.

Agreed.. its a shame that white people.. as well as .. black people.. Im ashamed to say; feel as if its either "racism" or "unnecessary" to have knowledge and pride of yourself...
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    When did this phenomenon of idiocy start.
  • fdouglass
    fdouglass Members Posts: 548
    edited July 2010
    (Ok before you Pseudo scientist come in here talking about Race is a social construct blah, blah,blah.. lets go with the social actuality.. instead of being technical.)

Im sure many have heard this phrase/statement uttered in person on Tv or what have you.. But if true is this a good thing?Does seeing "No Color" add to ignorance or help it? Is this fact or fallacy? Is it just manifested different? Are the perceptions now skewed?

After All we live in a post racial society right.....

In due time they will
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    The problem with people that dont see race.. is that they dont know boundaries.. i was working.. and these kids were ? around and one kid some white kid is like ill ? your mexican head.. i was rolling the ? was funny but at the same time im like wow.. What happened to boundaries.. His intent was racially tinged, racist.. maybe but its gotten to a point where kids accept being "cracked on" racially.. and not seeing the harm it doesnt when being the recipient/perp in that type of exchange... Its a problem...
  • yaboytheflashh
    yaboytheflashh Members Posts: 549
    edited July 2010
    theres no such thing as a post racial society. even if things institutionalized racism leaves forever, it's still going to be personal biases. kids naturally grow up wanting to spend time with people who look and act like them.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    I wonder about how the racial identity of these Hollywood ? babies will manifest..