Universal to make new scarface movie wtf !!

Options
2»

Comments

• allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »

This ? some of the wackest ? I've heard in a min.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    This ? some of the wackest ? I've heard in a min.

I heard that yesterday while I was in my car and thought to myself "damn I must be gettin old b/c this ? sounds like trash"
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    theres people out there with fresh scripts and good ideas there just not getting the oppurtunity. Hollywood would rather bank on something that they are sure have a built in audience....but its complete ?

• Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Scarface itself is a remake, so the ? you ? cryin' about?

There were like 10 versions of the wizard of oz before the 1939 one became famous.

Hollywood has ALWAYS done remakes. They do no more now than what they did 50 years ago.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited September 2011
    Options
    theres people out there with fresh scripts and good ideas there just not getting the oppurtunity. Hollywood would rather bank on something that they are sure have a built in audience....but its complete ?

yeah. Making an investment into a franchise with a built in audience as opposed to a fresh script. SUCH bad business.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited September 2011
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »

I think this is in the running for the worst song I've ever heard.
  • Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yeah. Making an investment into a franchise with a built in audience as opposed to a fresh script. SUCH bad business.

it is if it turns out to be ? like so many others have and no one wants to see it.....
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this movie is aight.......don't really see why ? like this ? so much
  • Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    this movie is aight.......don't really see why ? like this ? so much

I dont see why ? like belly so much with nas non acting ass
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dont see why ? like belly so much with nas non acting ass

that ? too was just aight
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ross should play scarface.
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    smh @ all these damn remakes
    anyway, i wonder who's gonna play tony montana

281x211.jpg

no make-up needed
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Scarface itself is a remake, so the ? you ? cryin' about?

Hollywood has ALWAYS done remakes. They do no more now than what they did 50 years ago.

C/S
    still-SBP wrote: »
    281x211.jpg

no make-up needed

^^^This would be dope...Make him a Haitian immigrant.

As far as 1983's Scarface? Yes the film in and of itself is average but Pacino's performance & De Palma's plot development was great. It also embodied and influenced an entire era.

Will the new one match up? Doesn't matter.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What is wrong with Hollywood either they are running out of scripts or they are hell bent on ruing classic films by remaking them. The studios pumped out two duds this summer with a Conan Remake and a Fright night 3D remake. According to Deadline.com now these suits are preparing to do one of the most unholy moves since Eve feed Adam the apple a Scare face remake SAY IT AINT SO.. you stupid ? ... this will not be on our viewing options list and we encourage you to stay away from this blasphemy as well. "Say hello to my little fukc outta here Hollywood.

http://www.waneenterprises.com/news/785

lol @ the bold
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Scarface is overrated as ? tho

I hate when people say that. You act like people walk around saying that Scarface is the epitome of modern cinematography. People don't like Scarface because it's a great movie. They like it because of what the story represents, the rawness of it (it's a 1980 movie after all) and Tony's characterization. If anything, I think the story is actually a bit underrated because it's pretty good albeit a little long, but no one pays much attention to it.
    right it's a remake of the 1930's flick... the director of the pacino film said that he remade it to be updated to our time circa 1983... if they do this again set in 2012 that would be dope to see though just from a fan stand point..

Scarface is not a remake of the 1930s film at least not in the same way we use the term now. A reinvisioning may be more accurate, but it's not like they took the 1930s movie and told the same story again in the same way with new actors. That's what they seem like they are implying they are going to do with this remake. That said, if they did in fact make it in the same way where it's a completely new movie and storyline that is merely inspired by the 1980 movie, that might not be too bad.
    still-SBP wrote: »
    281x211.jpg

no make-up needed

As much as I hate the idea of this, I might actually check it it out if they made that move.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    These movie studios will make remakes all day, but they won’t let original movies get any limelight.