Wii appreciation thread!

caddo man
caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Weight Room
Wii Fit
Jillian Michael's joint
Wii active

Yo whomever came up with the idea of making the Wii a exercise gaming console is almost genuis. I love my wii and I believe it is the only reason I am not 300lbs right now. I dont play other game consoles. it get boring afterwhile. I aint feeling the other consoles at all. Who remembers the old school running pad for the Olympic sport games?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited April 2010
    caddo man wrote: »
    Wii Fit
    Jillian Michael's joint
    Wii active

Yo whomever came up with the idea of making the Wii a exercise gaming console is almost genuis. I love my wii and I believe it is the only reason I am not 300lbs right now. I dont play other game consoles. it get boring afterwhile. I aint feeling the other consoles at all. Who remembers the old school running pad for the Olympic sport games?

add

-golds gym cardio workout(my fave workout game on the wii)

i have bout 12 different workout games on the wii
  • caddo man
    edited April 2010
    The Jamel wrote: »
    still got mine...

So you've actually tried those programs? If so how intense were the work outs? what were your actual results?

Details!!!

I tried the Jillian Micheals joint and was pretty good. It made sure you did the exercise right.

I want the Wii active though! I just bought the Wii board step. Now I do the wii fit step game and actually get a workout.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    One of the laziest excuses I've every seen for a workout. People are so lazy now that they have to have something on their video game console just to get them to move and it's likely an inferior workout anyway.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    One of the laziest excuses I've every seen for a workout. People are so lazy now that they have to have something on their video game console just to get them to move and it's likely an inferior workout anyway.

how is it different from buying other at home workout equipment or dvds?
  • caddo man
    edited April 2010

If you are trying to be bodybuilder or training for the olympics, dont do the Wii. But if you are just trying to get fit while having fun. the wii is the key.
    My wife cant go hit the gym or go running on a track because of our situation and her beliefs. so the wii perfect!
    Everybody aint trying to be Arnold or Mr Universe!
  • headrek1
    headrek1 Members Posts: 121
    edited April 2010

Exactly. I'm a gamer, and I like to workout. At no time do I want either of these things crossing. You wanna workout? Go run, hit the steel. Wii is the biggest crock I've ever seen. It's exercise for the uninclined, do you wanna get in shape or not? If so stop fooling yourself with the Wii ? .
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    headrek1 wrote: »
    Exactly. I'm a gamer, and I like to workout. At no time do I want either of these things crossing. You wanna workout? Go run, hit the steel. Wii is the biggest crock I've ever seen. It's exercise for the uninclined, do you wanna get in shape or not? If so stop fooling yourself with the Wii ? .

lol I agree with everything you said, and I'm a gamer/gymrat as well.
  • caddo man
    edited April 2010
    Key word: gymrat! Everyone is not a gymrat! The Wii is for people that usually do not work out or do not have the time to workout. Hell even for people that do step classes, pilates and yoga than hitting steel and doing windsprints.

I would rather run my neighborhood, but with a 2 week old child and a 2 year old. I aint doing anything like that soon.