2»

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    Impoverished Black People = Enslaved to the slums

So we have white slaves, hispanic slaves, and asian slaves in America right? Same thing person grows up in slum, poor education, leading to inability to advance themselves in economic status
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So we have white slaves, hispanic slaves, and asian slaves in America right? Same thing person grows up in slum, poor education, leading to inability to advance themselves in economic status

absolutely, but the proportions are out of wack, urban inner city slums are disproportionately black. (unless you may be talking about some places in the southwest) Thats where the economic inequalities truly shine through and the after shocks of institutionalized racism are seen.

The Cosby philosophy of self reliance is missing a key ingredient, it doesn't address the systematic problems of either current or after affects of institutionalized racism.

The Farrakhan philosophy of self reliance addresses both the importance of self reliance and the importance of dismantling the devastation caused by institutionalized racism.

Look at Malcolm, he was wholly against depending on government to help black people, but he also knew that the structure of America would make it extremely difficult for impoverished inner city African Americans to succeed, which is why he preached what he preached, to reverse what that structure created.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    absolutely, but the proportions are out of wack, urban inner city slums are disproportionately black. (unless you may be talking about some places in the southwest) Thats where the economic inequalities truly shine through and the after shocks of institutionalized racism are seen.

The Cosby philosophy of self reliance is missing a key ingredient, it doesn't address the systematic problems of either current or after affects of institutionalized racism.

The Farrakhan philosophy of self reliance addresses both the importance of self reliance and the importance of dismantling the devastation caused by institutionalized racism.

Look at Malcolm, he was wholly against depending on government to help black people, but he also knew that the structure of America would make it extremely difficult for impoverished inner city African Americans to succeed, which is why he preached what he preached, to reverse what that structure created.

Yea I agree with you, and yea blacks are the dominate race with all the poor economic conditions, I think personally hispanics have it worst but they dont have as many here and they arent as widespread as blacks are, also because some are illegal so they dont really have as many options as blacks do. But as long as you realize it aint just blacks only I agree.

And yea Malcom and Farrakhan had good points about not relying on government, thats why instead of writing letters to politicians to help my neighborhoods condition which I know they still wont do ? for, Id rather just invest my money into it and donate to places Im not.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Thomas Hagan, the only man who admitted his role in the 1965 assassination of iconic black leader Malcolm X, was paroled Tuesday.
    Hagan was freed a day earlier than planned because his paperwork was processed more quickly than anticipated, according to the New York State Department of Correctional Services.
    Hagan, 69, walked out of the minimum-security Lincoln Correctional Facility at 11 a.m. The facility is located at the intersection of West 110th Street and Malcolm X Boulevard.

lol at the irony
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited May 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    lol at the irony

lol. nice catch. i think you would apreciate my situation with a marijauna sticker that says weed helps being on the refrigerator. weed doesnt help, lol. more than often it empties that fridge
  • elliott_argon
    elliott_argon Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dude should never be allowed to walk out of a prison, ever. but the sad part of all of this is that the people who were really behind malcolm's ie n.o.i. higher-ups (perhaps farrakhan) are the one's who should never get to see the light of day. this guy was just an idiot ? .

also, what does it say about america when a man murders another man (not to mention on of our brightest shining stars) in front of his wife and children and gets a 25 year sentence, and a man like madoff robs a bunch of money and gets 150 years?
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dude should never be allowed to walk out of a prison, ever. but the sad part of all of this is that the people who were really behind malcolm's ie n.o.i. higher-ups (perhaps farrakhan) are the one's who should never get to see the light of day. this guy was just an idiot ? .

also, what does it say about america when a man murders another man (not to mention on of our brightest shining stars) in front of his wife and children and gets a 25 year sentence, and a man like madoff robs a bunch of money and gets 150 years?

a very good point. money is behind everything so the man who steals will usually do more time after a certain limit. under 500 dollars is of course a misdemeanor in certain cases (not causeing harm or threatening anyone other than youre target) but generally, stealing money is frowned upon because, if you think about it, that was money they were expecting to come back and be traced. if it just dissappears, then for a short period of time (until the theif spends it) it cannot be accounted for
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i cant believe this man left lincoln correctional, at malcolm x boulevard and people arent laughing theyre ? off at irony.
  • aswadh
    aswadh Members Posts: 411
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This coward should die in jail. This sh*t is outrageous, but this guy will get his real punishment.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    lol at the irony

damn...

• TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    aswadh wrote: »
    This coward should die in jail. This sh*t is outrageous, but this guy will get his real punishment.

where is the justice in that? because he killed man who was doin good, he should be in jail longer than someone who killed an average man? are you saying that its okay if people ? him even though he could have been rehabilitated back into a regualr society? you shouldnt judge yet, let him have a second chance. he was no evil master mind. he deserved his punishment, and maybe a longer punishment is necessary. hes not acting crazy in jail, hes not switching back and forth between opinions. he seems to be rehabilitated. i guarantee one thing, if he makes even the slightest mistake, hes right back in jail. that is if people dont take their justice on him