John Morrison or Job Borrison?

KillaCham
KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
edited November 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
It appears as though everyone's favorite spot monkey John Morrison is on someone's ? list as of late. He's lost several high profile matches and been on the losing end of things since Melina was released.

Rewind back to earlier this year alone...he's had several big matches. He faced the Miz on first Raw of the year, did a pretty memorable spot at this year's Royal Rumble to avoid elimination, has been in some big matches vs some important heels. It looked like he was going to finally break into the upper middle card and possibly tip the scales and make his way into the main event.

But now several things have happened recently that have completely stalled him:
-He was the first face eliminated in the 8-man elimination tag match a few weeks back on Raw.
-He was the man who was pinned at NOC in the Fatal Four Way
-He got squashed my Del Rio on Raw this past Monday

Lets not forget he hasn't held a title in almost two whole years. His last title run was the IC Title when he was champ on Smackdown for the last 4 months of 2009.

And if that doesn't do it for you, his WM27 Match involved Snooki..... :|

I wonder if he's on someones ? list *cough*Triple H*cough*, or if he's still injured and is being written off TV again. He's a Worlds Strongest Slam away from being the newest member of the House of Pain which would put him on the shelf for at least 3 months.

I thought he was the 2nd coming of Shawn Michaels? Now it seems like people have just lost hope.

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I never bought him being the next Shawn Michaels but i did think he would have a better career than Miz. I guess messing around with Milena was a bad career move.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    We will see him on TNA after he's done with the WWE. Which is better, maybe they could bring in Melina along with him.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I think He's definitely on someone's ? list. Probably only a matter of time before he gets the deavors.

And from the sound of things, Melina shouldn't have been fired a few years ago. If Morrison ends up in a place like TNA, hopefully he won't bring her with him. Broad is f**kin his ? up.
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2011
    LOL y'all see yesterday's RAW? ? they're doing to him is just sad now.

Plus his new shirt is ? awful. If i were him I'd cry.

Reports are that he won't be re-signing when his contract expires. Don't blame 'em.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Just peeped the outcome of his demise on YouTube.

It's a classic beatdown for someone who's injured or on their way out of the company.

Christian should know, the Main Event Mafia did the same thing to him in TNA when he didn't re-sign.
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    A damn shame really....him and Edge had a classic TV match on smackdown a few years back
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    His relationship with Melina, combined with outside factors and his bad speaking skills killed him.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    smh, if only he had promo skillz, or a more interesting character, now he may suffer the same fate as shelton benjamin..
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    The Dudes gimmick is made to be heel hes okay on the mic as a heel but him as a face lets his overall poor mic ability more visible.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Melina is digging this kat's grave even deeper......
    Following Monday’s Raw in which John Morrison was defeated by Christian in approximately a minute and subsequently assaulted by Dolph Ziggler, Christian and Jack Swagger, a man wrote to Melina on Twitter accusing her of killing his WWE career.

He wrote, “Will you stand trial for killing your bf’s career? #prayforJoMo.”

The former WWE Diva responded via private message, “The WWE did it. I never did anything but stand by him through thick & thin. We should all be so lucky as to have someone like that in our lives.

“John worked his ass off and did EVERYTHING he was told. The blame shouldn’t be put on me. Blame the WWE.”

melinatweets.jpg

Many internally believe that Morrison will soon part ways with WWE. Company personnel speculated to Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer that while Morrison has not upset management, he, like Drew McIntyre, is paying the price for his significant other’s actions.

Former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis made similar allegations during last week’s Raw discussion show for AfterBuzzTV.com after co-host Lilian Garcia pondered why McIntyre and Morrison are not receiving greater pushes.

Maria said of McIntyre, “I have a feeling he’s paid for someone else’s sins, problems, because Drew’s really good. I’d love to see him do more stuff, but it’s unfortunate that that happens.”

Maria then said of Morrison, “I think it’s a lot of complications of outside stuff. I think that a lot of times they go with who’s going to be there, who’s always going to be there, who’s going to be the easiest. He’s very easy and I love him to pieces, but I think it’s outside complications. I think that’s why.”

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    damn thats what happened to drew mcintyre i was wondering why they're not using him, i always thought he could be a pretty good wrestler
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2011
    I meant to bump this last week. How do you get pinned in a match when Randy Orton and Sheamus are on your team? LAUCE
  • BigMeatball
    BigMeatball Members Posts: 390
    edited October 2011
    For what it’s worth, John Morrison wrote the following on Twitter today: “At work sometimes I say stuff like “that makes sense” or “Great idea!” #WhiteLies.”
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2011
    As we watch the Resurrection of Wade Barrett we got to see the continual burial of John Morrison.

When I saw that Morrison was facing Barrett on Monday, I knew Morrison was going to do the job again. How many weeks in a row is this now?
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    He's the shaman of jobbin. Dude would probably get his ass whooped in a dark match too. SMH
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    That sucks what they're doing to him...they need to go ahead and let him go already...so he can go to TNA and no1 will see him again..lol...the WWE needs to be using Drew Mc..dude is a good heel and can work a good WWE match