Noahs Ark Found in Turkey............

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
14mro0x.jpg
This picture released by the evangelical group claims to show one of the explorers examining part of a structure which they claim might prove the existence of Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat. There are no external images of the site and the Hong Kong-based group refuse to say precisely where they made their discovery until the Turkish government designate it an archaeological site

2chntdt.jpg
The snow-capped peak of Mt. Ararat. The discovery is said to have been made 12,000ft up the mountain which lies in eastern Turkey

2qxuiv9.jpg
This photo, also put out by the evangelical group, is said to show part of a wall inside the structure found by the explorers.

63tw6x.jpg
Wooden beams which the explorers said they found at the site.

HONG KONG (AFP) – A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers said Monday they believe they may have found Noah's Ark -- four thousand metres up a mountain in Turkey.
The team say they recovered wooden specimens from a structure on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey that carbon dating proved was 4,800 years old, around the same time the ark is said to have been afloat.
"It's not 100 percent that it is Noah's Ark but we think it is 99.9 percent that this is it," Yeung Wing-cheung, a Hong Kong documentary filmmaker and member of the 15-strong team from Noah's Ark Ministries International told AFP.
The structure had several compartments, some with wooden beams, which were believed to house animals, he said.
The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds that one had never been found above 3,500 metres in the vicinity, Yeung said.
Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted, Yeung added.
The biblical story says ? decided to flood the earth after seeing how corrupt it had become, and told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.
After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain. Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants came aground.

Comments

• theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oh wow, did you see that giraffe bone next to the squid tentacle?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I can imagine this when Noah's ark crashed and it was time for all the animals to depart...

956_large.jpg

LOL
  • "A Tout le Mond
    "A Tout le Mond Members Posts: 121
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    a structure on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey that carbon dating proved was 4,800 years old, around the same time the ark is said to have been afloat.

Wait a minute....what?

4,800 years ago? You DO realize that's 2,800 B.C, right? Ancient Egypt was already in the Second Dynasty by then.

And carbon dating? Gee, isn't that the scientific process that proves the Earth is millions of years old?

I smell something........
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The findings is interesting enough. It might make people give some sort of attention to the Bible.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol...............
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Only at death will the skeptics be made believers. Kinda sad.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

some people take the bible too literal, you have to understand the history behind the bible and how it's been MANipulated.
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wonder how many other 5000 year wooden structures survive today ... Oh yeah none! And this one is buried in the earth supporting tonnes of dirt and rock ... completely believable.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options

some people take the bible too literal, you have to understand the history behind the bible and how it's been MANipulated.

You either believe ? or you don't. Simple as that my friend.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    I wonder how many other 5000 year wooden structures survive today ... Oh yeah none! And this one is buried in the earth supporting tonnes of dirt and rock ... completely believable.

You have the spirit of the pharisees and Sadducees' Whar67. They saw miracles performed right before their eyes and they still denied Jesus Christ. It's truly a shame that people will only believe when it's far too late.
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You either believe ? or you don't. Simple as that my friend.

listen my friend, people believe in santa clause, people believe in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny you understand?

but you KNOW that there is blood in your veins, you don't believe that, you know that.

I know there is a ? , I don't believe, i KNOW.

but don't let your blindness allow you to misunderstand the truth.

you have to know how to decipher literal teachings, and spiritual knowledge.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So the same carbon dating that proves the Earth is older than bible time and the same carbon dating that lends a hand to proving evolution happened carbon dates this and you believe this for some reason and not the other two?
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    last time that Noah's Ark was "discovered" back in the 90's, it was a hoax and some guy used wood from a railroad lol. but of course, this time it's real...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So the same carbon dating that proves the Earth is older than bible time and the same carbon dating that lends a hand to proving evolution happened carbon dates this and you believe this for some reason and not the other two?

Right?

Also, to find wood thats 4,800 years old is insane and interesting if it is true. Why hasn't it rotted yet though? You, DoUWant2, say that Jesus performed miracles in front of people and they still doubted, so basically you're saying that this wood is a miracle, right?

? nor Jesus built this Ark, Noah did. It was never mentioned to be a special kind of wood. It just seems or is impossible for wood to last this long under the ground.

Where was Noah back then when he made the Ark, and how far is Turkey from that today?

I'm serious, not trying to be a smart ass or anything. I'm curious to this now, but just seems impossible.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Right?

Also, to find wood thats 4,800 years old is insane and interesting if it is true. Why hasn't it rotted yet though? You, DoUWant2, say that Jesus performed miracles in front of people and they still doubted, so basically you're saying that this wood is a miracle, right?

? nor Jesus built this Ark, Noah did. It was never mentioned to be a special kind of wood. It just seems or is impossible for wood to last this long under the ground.

Where was Noah back then when he made the Ark, and how far is Turkey from that today?

I'm serious, not trying to be a smart ass or anything. I'm curious to this now, but just seems impossible.

It is very rare to discover wood that old but it has happened, also it was discovered buried in the moutain side, the entire mountain is cold and covered in snow. The cold and rock more than likely kept it from rotting and kept microorganisms from eating it. The same how mammoths have been found with their whole body intact, fur and all. If this was found in a warmer or drier climate then I would be really amazed but being it was found in a frozen mountain its not really suprising to me its still intact and not rotted. And yea Noah built the ark so it isnt any sort of magical wood, though people will claim "? put a spell on it to prove to us later its existance thats why its still good". Plus all the other Ark stories in the past have all been hoaxes so who knows. If it is somehow found to be the acual ark (carbon dating, bones, ? inscribed in the wood, fossils perhaps, salt water traces, etc.. alot would have to be found to directly point it toward the story) than i guess we would all at least know the ark story is true. Hard to imagine a man like noah with no real tools or anything built something lookin like this though, it never said ? helped, just that Noah built it so again something which makes me think this story is fugazee.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It is very rare to discover wood that old but it has happened, also it was discovered buried in the moutain side, the entire mountain is cold and covered in snow. The cold and rock more than likely kept it from rotting and kept microorganisms from eating it. The same how mammoths have been found with their whole body intact, fur and all. If this was found in a warmer or drier climate then I would be really amazed but being it was found in a frozen mountain its not really suprising to me its still intact and not rotted. And yea Noah built the ark so it isnt any sort of magical wood, though people will claim "? put a spell on it to prove to us later its existance thats why its still good". Plus all the other Ark stories in the past have all been hoaxes so who knows. If it is somehow found to be the acual ark (carbon dating, bones, ? inscribed in the wood, fossils perhaps, salt water traces, etc.. alot would have to be found to directly point it toward the story) than i guess we would all at least know the ark story is true. Hard to imagine a man like noah with no real tools or anything built something lookin like this though, it never said ? helped, just that Noah built it so again something which makes me think this story is fugazee.

Oh okay, didn't know it was all frozen.

But Chozen is right about the carbon dating, I've heard too many Christians say science is wrong and carbon dating is as well. But now that they've carbon dated this wooden piece to be 4,800 with the possibility of being Noah's Ark then it's all right?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Only at death will the skeptics be made believers. Kinda sad.

disbelief in a suspect "discovery" does not equal disbelief in ? Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you honestly believe in a spiritual creator , then why do you need scientific proof to validate your beliefs?
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you honestly believe in a spiritual creator , then why do you need scientific proof to validate your beliefs?

if thats the case, then why did you make this thread?
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    if thats the case, then why did you make this thread?

what you talkin bout willis? i didn't make this thread playboy....
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what you talkin bout willis? i didn't make this thread playboy....

lol, my bad b, i wasnt even paying attn.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You have the spirit of the pharisees and Sadducees' Whar67. They saw miracles performed right before their eyes and they still denied Jesus Christ. It's truly a shame that people will only believe when it's far too late.

No, he doesn't. The Pharasees and Saducees were religious people who believed in the strict literal interpretation of OT Law. They didn't deny Biblical History or ? . They just denied the authenticity of Jesus as the promised Messiah and fulfilment of Prophecy.

Posting a youtube video that has not been authenticated doesn't equal denying Jesus. For all we know, that could have been a slave ship.

Step your Biblical comparison game up .
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options

Carbon dating does not prove that the earth is billions of years old. You just "believe" that it does. Stop mixing assumptions with truth.