Noahs Ark Found in Turkey............

Options

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Carbon dating does not prove that the earth is billions of years old. You just "believe" that it does. Stop mixing assumptions with truth.

What about stars being millions and even billiions of light years away, those are in this galaxy, why are they that many years away if the Earth isnt that old? What about depth analysis on bones that show its further than 10,000 years worth of build up on it? Theres alot more than C.D. to prove the Earths real age.

And what "proof" is their saying that the Earth isnt and that they are making those C.D. dates false compared to this one? Other than well my book says so and ? never told a lie.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Noah's Ark is not literal.

It would be physically impossible to fit all species of animals on a boat of those dimensions.

Plus ? commanded just two of every kind and their food. Well some animals are food for others, that would wipe out their species.

Noah would have had to travel nearly 60 million square miles on land and nearly 200 million globally to gather every animal on the earth in a couple days, yet he didn't leave the Middle East, and keep in mind he fed these animals for over a year.

It's not talking about animals. It's talking about types of people.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Right?

Also, to find wood thats 4,800 years old is insane and interesting if it is true. Why hasn't it rotted yet though? You, DoUWant2, say that Jesus performed miracles in front of people and they still doubted, so basically you're saying that this wood is a miracle, right?

? nor Jesus built this Ark, Noah did. It was never mentioned to be a special kind of wood. It just seems or is impossible for wood to last this long under the ground.

Where was Noah back then when he made the Ark, and how far is Turkey from that today?

I'm serious, not trying to be a smart ass or anything. I'm curious to this now, but just seems impossible.

The Bible says that the Ark came to a rest on top of Mt. Ararat. "And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat." Genesis 8:4

This is the mountain where the Ark was found.

And the word of ? says, "For with ? nothing shall be impossible." Luke 1:37

? can preserve wood for whoever long He wants too. ? can do anything. Natural laws and processes are not viable when it comes to ? , after all He created all the laws and processes we see and observe.

"? thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend."
    Job 37:5
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »

It would be physically impossible to fit all species of animals on a boat of those dimensions.

Plus ? commanded just two of every kind and their food. Well some animals are food for others, that would wipe out their species.

Noah would have had to travel nearly 60 million square miles on land and nearly 200 million globally to gather every animal on the earth in a couple days, yet he didn't leave the Middle East, and keep in mind he fed these animals for over a year.

Not to mention the skill and equipment he had and used would make it impossible to built that big of a ship in such a short time, Also if the rain lasted so long and rained so hard he would have never have been able to keep the boat from flooding on top, Noah could not have been able to keep throwing the water out.

Just like the bible the whole story is metaphorical and its all an allegory nothing is ment as it is written.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It is very rare to discover wood that old but it has happened, also it was discovered buried in the moutain side, the entire mountain is cold and covered in snow. The cold and rock more than likely kept it from rotting and kept microorganisms from eating it. The same how mammoths have been found with their whole body intact, fur and all. If this was found in a warmer or drier climate then I would be really amazed but being it was found in a frozen mountain its not really suprising to me its still intact and not rotted. And yea Noah built the ark so it isnt any sort of magical wood, though people will claim "? put a spell on it to prove to us later its existance thats why its still good". Plus all the other Ark stories in the past have all been hoaxes so who knows. If it is somehow found to be the acual ark (carbon dating, bones, ? inscribed in the wood, fossils perhaps, salt water traces, etc.. alot would have to be found to directly point it toward the story) than i guess we would all at least know the ark story is true. Hard to imagine a man like noah with no real tools or anything built something lookin like this though, it never said ? helped, just that Noah built it so again something which makes me think this story is fugazee.

He spent 120 years building the Ark. Just because they didn't have power tools like we do today, doesn't mean that the task couldn't be accomplished. And ? did help in the building of the Ark. He provided wisdom, instruction, and knowledge. There is no way Noah could have completed the Ark if ? wasn't in it.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

I heard something of like 118,000 different species of each animal were on the Ark.

^ Lets say that is the case, if so, then evolution would've had to have taken place period. Because there's way more than 118,000 species of animals now.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The team say they recovered wooden specimens from a structure on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey that carbon dating proved was 4,800 years old, around the same time the ark is said to have been afloat.

Almost every Christian I've spoken to does not believe in carbon dating, they say it is a red flag of false information. Not to mention they think that scientist are mostly wrong about earth and it's history.

So why is it legit when it's about a biblical thing? I'm seriously curious, because it sounds like its one of those, "only when it's relevant" type things.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    disbelief in a suspect "discovery" does not equal disbelief in ? Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

Your right it doesn't. But Jesus said it best when He gave the parable of the rich man and lazarus. The rich man wanted to warn his family about the horrors of hell, but Abraham told him that people would not believe even if someone rose from the dead. So you see miracles, evidence, proof, etc are no substitute for the condition of the heart. The heart is desperately wicked and beyond deceit. People choose to not believe because they don't want to believe. People love sin and because they do they will die in sin.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you're looking for a connection between the spirit realm and science. science is the natrual world. this is a hoax, and that story isnt literal.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He spent 120 years building the Ark. Just because they didn't have power tools like we do today, doesn't mean that the task couldn't be accomplished. And ? did help in the building of the Ark. He provided wisdom, instruction, and knowledge. There is no way Noah could have completed the Ark if ? wasn't in it.

Exactly and ? didnt help him built it, giving instruction alone with no physical help would not have built that big a ship in 200 years yet alone 120. Factor in the materials he had to find, the animals he round up took time, finding the food took time. Not to mention a man 120 years old bein in shape to built a massive ship and wrestle to get animals 20 times his size on it is completely unbelievable. Though when you believe in a ? who can do anything I guess its impossible to comprehend reality because as long as its ? its possible.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you honestly believe in a spiritual creator , then why do you need scientific proof to validate your beliefs?
    Who said I needed proof to validate my beliefs? I posted this to raise awareness to other people. My belief in ? causes me to post information like this. Nobody can tell me Jesus Christ isn't ? . My faith rests in His life and because it does, I will live forever with Him in His kingdom. Because I know this to be true, I proclaim His truth to all who have ears to hear. I want everybody in my sphere of influence to live with Jesus for all eternity too. Heaven is real and all those who love the Lord will enter into His rests. Hallelujah!
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Radiometeric dating is used to date things in the millions of years. Carbon dating is only used on former living things and only good for 20 to 30 thousand years of age.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, he doesn't. The Pharasees and Saducees were religious people who believed in the strict literal interpretation of OT Law. They didn't deny Biblical History or ? . They just denied the authenticity of Jesus as the promised Messiah and fulfilment of Prophecy.

Posting a youtube video that has not been authenticated doesn't equal denying Jesus. For all we know, that could have been a slave ship.

Step your Biblical comparison game up .

When you deny Christ, you are denying ? . Because Jesus is ? . Thats why Jesus told them (the pharisees, who were the religious rulers) that they were of their father the devil. When you don't believe in ? , your father is the devil. Jesus said this, not me. Comparison stands.

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."
    John 8:44
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    Radiometeric dating is used to date things in the millions of years. Carbon dating is only used on former living things and only good for 20 to 30 thousand years of age.

They both accomplish the same and carbon dating is the little brother of radiometric dating, its not to the point where one is real and the other isnt. Without radiometric dating carbon dating wouldnt be. So if radiometric is wrong, the formula for carbon dating is also wrong.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No need to explain this......

shaq-face.jpg
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What about stars being millions and even billiions of light years away, those are in this galaxy, why are they that many years away if the Earth isnt that old? What about depth analysis on bones that show its further than 10,000 years worth of build up on it? Theres alot more than C.D. to prove the Earths real age.

And what "proof" is their saying that the Earth isnt and that they are making those C.D. dates false compared to this one? Other than well my book says so and ? never told a lie.

? created those stars millions and billions of light years away so that mankind could not reach them. To reach the closest star to us, mankind would have to travel 186,000 miles per second for 4 years. It is an impossibility my brother. There is a reason why ? has stretched out the heavens as a curtain. Man doesn't belong on any other planet than earth. He gave earth to us. And we have messed this planet up pretty bad. Have you ever asked ? to reveal His truth to you my friend?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options

The command for man to eat animals and for animals to eat one another, wasn't given until after the flood. All of creation were vegetarians prior to the end of the flood.

"1And ? blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. 2And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. 3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things." Genesis 9:1-3

Also ? led the animals to the Ark. Noah didn't have to go anywhere. It seems like you have no idea about who ? is, do you?
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? created those stars millions and billions of light years away so that mankind could not reach them.

Nope. They are just ? of fire and light like the sun, and they provide the same services to the rest of the Universe.

And man can travel that far in no time. Thought travels faster than light.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Exactly and ? didnt help him built it, giving instruction alone with no physical help would not have built that big a ship in 200 years yet alone 120. Factor in the materials he had to find, the animals he round up took time, finding the food took time. Not to mention a man 120 years old bein in shape to built a massive ship and wrestle to get animals 20 times his size on it is completely unbelievable. Though when you believe in a ? who can do anything I guess its impossible to comprehend reality because as long as its ? its possible.

Noah hired people to help him my friend. This was a 120 year project. Noah didn't work alone my brother. You know it takes a little common sense when you read the word of ? . Not every detail is given my friend. Also ? led the animals to Noah when it was time for them to board the ark.

It's funny how people actually believe that ? isn't in control of everything. ? has a hand in every matter in this universe. ? is sovereign and His will is going to be done, regardless of opposition.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Who said I needed proof to validate my beliefs? I posted this to raise awareness to other people. My belief in ? causes me to post information like this. Nobody can tell me Jesus Christ isn't ? . My faith rests in His life and because it does, I will live forever with Him in His kingdom. Because I know this to be true, I proclaim His truth to all who have ears to hear. I want everybody in my sphere of influence to live with Jesus for all eternity too. Heaven is real and all those who love the Lord will enter into His rests. Hallelujah!

the point i was making is, this isn't proving anything, it just makes it seem like you need scientific proof to validate your beliefs even if it's for other people. my people are destroyed because of a lack of knowledge.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The command for man to eat animals and for animals to eat one another, wasn't given until after the flood. All of creation were vegetarians prior to the end of the flood.

"1And ? blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. 2And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. 3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things." Genesis 9:1-3

Also ? led the animals to the Ark. Noah didn't have to go anywhere. It seems like you have no idea about who ? is, do you?

Sorry, that passage does not say all of creation were vegetarian. It strictly is speaking to men. If you can show me in that passage you quoted where animals were vegetarians I will give you a stack. Animals can't read English.

I know who ? is. You just don't know the colloquialisms and interpretations in the book that were not literal at the time of the Hebrew writers. Your understanding of the concept of ? given to you by your European masters and Imperialist King James is so ignorant and devoid of any mature understanding leaves you a virtual slave to false doctrine.

Your ? and White Jesus were holdovers from white supremacy designed to keep you in la la land looking up in the sky for an imaginary heaven for mansions and palaces, while the same dudes who gave you your bible(King James, Pope, etc..) have mansions and walk on gold floors. Perfect slavery teaching.

? don't use tyrants to deliver his word.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sorry, that passage does not say all of creation were vegetarian. It strictly is speaking to men. If you can show me in that passage you quoted where animals were vegetarians I will give you a stack. Animals can't read English.

I know who ? is. You just don't know the colloquialisms and interpretations in the book that were not literal at the time of the Hebrew writers. Your understanding of the concept of ? given to you by your European masters and Imperialist King James is so ignorant and devoid of any mature understanding leaves you a virtual slave to false doctrine.

Your ? and White Jesus were holdovers from white supremacy designed to keep you in la la land looking up in the sky for an imaginary heaven for mansions and palaces, while the same dudes who gave you your bible(King James, Pope, etc..) have mansions and walk on gold floors. Perfect slavery teaching.

? don't use tyrants to deliver his word.

"30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so"

Genesis 1:30

I don't want your money, I just want you to know the Lord. Can i pray for you?
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Noah hired people to help him my friend. This was a 120 year project. Noah didn't work alone my brother. You know it takes a little common sense when you read the word of ? . Not every detail is given my friend. Also ? led the animals to Noah when it was time for them to board the ark.

It's funny how people actually believe that ? isn't in control of everything. ? has a hand in every matter in this universe. ? is sovereign and His will is going to be done, regardless of opposition.

Common sense? How common is snakes and donkeys talking? How common is bushes burning that don't get consumed? Woman getting pregnant without the agency of man? Fire breathing dragons? Animals with different animals heads on them? Material Buildings in sky? Dead People coming back to life?

The problem is not whether people believe ? is in control. It is people don't believe in ? theology that is advanced to keep people stupid, and told to accept it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Common sense? How common is snakes and donkeys talking? How common is bushes burning that don't get consumed? Woman getting pregnant without the agency of man? Fire breathing dragons? Animals with different animals heads on them? Material Buildings in sky? Dead People coming back to life?

The problem is not whether people believe ? is in control. It is people don't believe in ? theology that is advanced to keep people stupid, and told to accept it.

"Behold, I am the LORD, the ? of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?"
    Jeremiah 32:27

What an awesome ? He is! Hallelujah to the King!
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options

"30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so"

Genesis 1:30

I don't want your money, I just want you to know the Lord. Can i pray for you?

Pray for yourself. I don't need you to pray for me. I can pray for myself. Besides your prayer may not hold much weight with ? . Remember the Baal prophets prayed and they got no answer.

What you can do is answer the question and quit trying to sidestep. I will give the money to your church as a gift. Now show in that scripture you posted where it said all creation is vegetarian.

? don't like liars.