nhl heads! are you still gonna tell me ovi>>>>sid after tonight?

Options

Comments

• white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah if Lebron lost in the first round David Stern would be pulling his hair out. But in Hockey goaltending will carry you to the cup.
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The loss by the caps is the reason Hockey is horrible and NOBODY watches. My man Valenti laid it out best.

As I am reading comments on my Facebook regarding the Caps early exit from the playoffs I cannot help but laugh at the collective ignorance of the average hockey fan. It’s either ignorance or pure stupidity, you be the judge.
    These fools, and yes they are fools, giggle with glee while they proclaim that upsets like the Canadians beating the Caps as “What’s great about the game”

Puhhhlease.

In reality it is everything wrong with “your” completely flawed product known as NHL 2010. A sport where inferior teams can completely change the way the game is played, muck it up, get outshot by gaudy figures, and still win a series.

“That’s old-time hockey Mike!”

Just shut up, now, please for the sake of all of us. Can you imagine a baseball team getting out hit by a 4-1 ratio and winning a series? How about an NBA team getting out rebounded by the same margin? NFL…don’t bother fathoming it. No, only in this dumpster fire of a postseason sport could it be. Oh the joy.

So let me see if I can explain to these basement dwelling creatures known as “Real Hockey Fans” exactly why tonight is so bad for “their” game.

1. Ovechkin gone, ZERO reason for any average sports fan to tune into a game. Less than zero in fact. Crosby is not a flashy player and no other team in the ? fest known as the Eastern conference playoffs is worth watching with one eye much less two.Do any of you realize he is THE most known player in the game. THE most entertaining player in the game. And THE only reason many would even watch? It’s like if Kobe, Wade, Nash, Williams, and Howard all died and Lebron was the lone soldier for the league…and he was dumped in the first round by the Bulls. Super.

2. Ovechkin gone =’s no opposition to Crosby from a third straight final. Yawn…unless your name is Jordan,Gretzky Bryant, Manning etc. it’s NEVER good for the same guy to get there three straight years.

3. Both the No. 7 and No. 8 seeds have advanced making the eastern conference a collection of drab, dull and above all mediocre teams fighting for the chance to embarrass themselves and their sport in the Cup finals…all while killing what minuscule TV number the league might hope to attain. Sweet.

Best part of all of this is these elitist dopes and their canned response…”Screw fringe hockey fans, it’s our game. Don’t watch then!”

Yes, brilliant in both it’s comedy and ignorance. This is a business you dopes. That’s why every other sport worth a damn is on ESPN or some semblance of a network while you and “your” game is on Versus. what was that? Versus? Oh yes, that network somewhere in the 600′s on my dish with a mediocre broadcast crew and HD like it was shot through my dogs under bite. Perfect.

Also factor in that your game and brilliant business model has them LAST on Sportscenter highlight rotation. LAST on newspapers minds in any city not named Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and maybe Medicine Hat. How about ZERO apparel sales in any store in the lower 48-states not named NHL Store…if you can find one? Wanna keep going?

The whole point is the more you placate to this style of ? , and that is what this product has become on most nights…? , the worse it gets. Teams like Montreal and Philly have no business winning series, yet they do. Why? Because the game is nothing like it;s regular season counterpart…NOTHING. Sure we see orgasmic capsules of what real hockey looks like but it;s followed by 30 minutes of “old-time hockey” or whatever tired cliché these net heads can muster up with seven “blues” in them. No other sport allows it. None. Why? Because it’s bad business. Can you imagine a full decade of Knicks vs. Heat circa 1993? I’d eat a bullet after poisoning myself for good measure. How about a sweet NFL playoff game where one team decided to “slow it down” and burn the playclock down to one from 1st quarter on? Yeah Goodell would adore that.

So savor tonight my myopic, not so bright, and hilariously sensitive hockey head. It;s the very reason your game is dead in the minds of humanity.

? let the Wings make it, might be the only salvation for people like myself who like entertainment as well as results.
    http://wxyt.cbslocal.com/2010/04/28/the-grand-flaw/

yo who the ? is that talkin all that rubbish?
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited April 2010
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    Fact Malkin played better in the finals that year, fact Sid was on the best olympic team that had the home advantage. And don't act like him being Canadian is not influencing you.

Even though your wrong I do appreciate the hockey debate

FACT: pens needs crosby more than crosby needs the pens. malkin wouldnt have won a cup without sid.
  • white715
    edited April 2010
    Options
    OVI>>>Sid.....
  • eastwood
    eastwood Members Posts: 121
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this ? is like peyton pre 06 cant win the big game. step your hockey game up ? SID THE MAN!

Yes... Ovechkin >>> Sidney Crosby. Crosby has a better complete team and won his cup with a goaltender who was a top 5 goaltender in the league (Fleury is not playing like that this year though). Crosby also has Malkin... Who does Ovechkin have? Knuble? (My old coach's younger brother lol)... Seriously though, as an overall player... Ovechkin ? on Crosby. Sid may have a cup... Ovechkin has the MVPs, and although the cup is more important... It measures what the team does and is not an individual accomplishment. I hate trying to rate individual players by looking at their team accomplishments. Is Osgood a better goaltender than Brodeur because Osgood has more cups?
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no hate but the stars didnt show up when they needed to. mans like backstrom and semin are supposed to be a problem....what happened to mike green? it happens still. it wasnt meant to be. but my thing is there is no way anybody can say ovi is better than sid. what has he done? what success has he achieved aside from individual awards? it aint bout that. its bout the cup, the gold medal. those are they type of accomplishments that keep you forever remembered. ummm.....72? paul henderson? summit series wit the russians? thats what the ? im talkin bout. gretsky? how much cups this ? win? edmonton dynasty? ovi is a very skilled player. no doubt or denying that fact but really......really what the ? has this ? really done?

Pat LaFontaine... The best American born player to play the game never won the cup. Quit jocking players only based on team accomplishments... I'd take Ovechkin over Crosby any day and I am a hockey purist and have been playing the game since 4 and coach the game now.
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The loss by the caps is the reason Hockey is horrible and NOBODY watches. My man Valenti laid it out best.

As I am reading comments on my Facebook regarding the Caps early exit from the playoffs I cannot help but laugh at the collective ignorance of the average hockey fan. It’s either ignorance or pure stupidity, you be the judge.
    These fools, and yes they are fools, giggle with glee while they proclaim that upsets like the Canadians beating the Caps as “What’s great about the game”

Puhhhlease.

In reality it is everything wrong with “your” completely flawed product known as NHL 2010. A sport where inferior teams can completely change the way the game is played, muck it up, get outshot by gaudy figures, and still win a series.

“That’s old-time hockey Mike!”

Just shut up, now, please for the sake of all of us. Can you imagine a baseball team getting out hit by a 4-1 ratio and winning a series? How about an NBA team getting out rebounded by the same margin? NFL…don’t bother fathoming it. No, only in this dumpster fire of a postseason sport could it be. Oh the joy.

So let me see if I can explain to these basement dwelling creatures known as “Real Hockey Fans” exactly why tonight is so bad for “their” game.

1. Ovechkin gone, ZERO reason for any average sports fan to tune into a game. Less than zero in fact. Crosby is not a flashy player and no other team in the ? fest known as the Eastern conference playoffs is worth watching with one eye much less two.Do any of you realize he is THE most known player in the game. THE most entertaining player in the game. And THE only reason many would even watch? It’s like if Kobe, Wade, Nash, Williams, and Howard all died and Lebron was the lone soldier for the league…and he was dumped in the first round by the Bulls. Super.

2. Ovechkin gone =’s no opposition to Crosby from a third straight final. Yawn…unless your name is Jordan,Gretzky Bryant, Manning etc. it’s NEVER good for the same guy to get there three straight years.

3. Both the No. 7 and No. 8 seeds have advanced making the eastern conference a collection of drab, dull and above all mediocre teams fighting for the chance to embarrass themselves and their sport in the Cup finals…all while killing what minuscule TV number the league might hope to attain. Sweet.

Best part of all of this is these elitist dopes and their canned response…”Screw fringe hockey fans, it’s our game. Don’t watch then!”

Yes, brilliant in both it’s comedy and ignorance. This is a business you dopes. That’s why every other sport worth a damn is on ESPN or some semblance of a network while you and “your” game is on Versus. what was that? Versus? Oh yes, that network somewhere in the 600′s on my dish with a mediocre broadcast crew and HD like it was shot through my dogs under bite. Perfect.

Also factor in that your game and brilliant business model has them LAST on Sportscenter highlight rotation. LAST on newspapers minds in any city not named Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and maybe Medicine Hat. How about ZERO apparel sales in any store in the lower 48-states not named NHL Store…if you can find one? Wanna keep going?

The whole point is the more you placate to this style of ? , and that is what this product has become on most nights…? , the worse it gets. Teams like Montreal and Philly have no business winning series, yet they do. Why? Because the game is nothing like it;s regular season counterpart…NOTHING. Sure we see orgasmic capsules of what real hockey looks like but it;s followed by 30 minutes of “old-time hockey” or whatever tired cliché these net heads can muster up with seven “blues” in them. No other sport allows it. None. Why? Because it’s bad business. Can you imagine a full decade of Knicks vs. Heat circa 1993? I’d eat a bullet after poisoning myself for good measure. How about a sweet NFL playoff game where one team decided to “slow it down” and burn the playclock down to one from 1st quarter on? Yeah Goodell would adore that.

So savor tonight my myopic, not so bright, and hilariously sensitive hockey head. It;s the very reason your game is dead in the minds of humanity.

? let the Wings make it, might be the only salvation for people like myself who like entertainment as well as results.
    http://wxyt.cbslocal.com/2010/04/28/the-grand-flaw/

I love Mike Valenti and listened to him today but he's wrong from the sense that hockey is no worse off than it was the year coming back from the layoff. The sport itself is not in jeopardy despite what Mikey V thinks... It may be in the southern states but the sport will continue on, even if just in a niche following. Will it ever be as big as it was in the 80s? Maybe not. But it'll never completely phase out.
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn... My wings are getting worked!
  • white715
    edited April 2010
    Options
    eastwood wrote: »
    Damn... My wings are getting worked!

Yeah they are, maybe the sharks will actually live up to their potential this year
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    Yeah they are, maybe the sharks will actually live up to their potential this year

I hope not... They remind me of the Wings from 93 & 94... All flash no ability to grind it out in the playoffs. Remember, the Wings may be tired from the last series... It is just game 1. Game is not over and series definitely isn't...

Detroit in 6 (and no not just because I'm from Detroit... I have no faith in the Sharks).
  • white715
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hope not... They remind me of the Wings from 93 & 94... All flash no ability to grind it out in the playoffs. Remember, the Wings may be tired from the last series... It is just game 1. Game is not over and series definitely isn't...

Detroit in 6 (and no not just because I'm from Detroit... I have no faith in the Sharks).

Yeah I heard Barry Melrose say earlier that will beats skill, and sometimes the sharks don't look like they're into it, but maybe they've learned from past seasons, and the caps.
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited April 2010
    Options
    washington is a top team in the east for the past three years. they must have been doin something right to accomplish that. pat l is a cold ? but he aint have a good team wit him. ovi has players around him they just dont show up in the playoffs like sids teammates do. the difference between sid and ovi? hockey iq. hense why pittsburgh is in the next round and washington is shootin the greens
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya'll ovi ? cant get over it. ? play for cups. ? a mvp trophy. that dont mean ? if you dont win. crosby got a mvp too.like ya'll ? dont wanna give the man credit where it is due
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    washington is a top team in the east for the past three years. they must have been doin something right to accomplish that. pat l is a cold ? but he aint have a good team wit him. ovi has players around him they just dont show up in the playoffs like sids teammates do. the difference between sid and ovi? hockey iq. hense why pittsburgh is in the next round and washington is shootin the greens

If you watch hockey then you know that there is a difference between a team that is built for the playoffs and a team that is built for the regular season. Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Redwings of 1993 and 1994.... Regular season teams... New Jersey Devils of 1995... Playoff team.

Don't fault Ovechkin for his teams lack of success. Look at his playoff numbers... He has performed. Just like you shouldn't credit Crosby for his team's accomplishments solely. The thing I'll give Sidney is that he has performed in the playoffs as well and contributed to his team's success. Ovechkin has never had the defense and goaltending that is built for the playoffs like Crosby has had in the past. Ovechkin has great hockey IQ. He is very smart with the puck, is a great 2 way player, physical, reads the play well, etc... If you watch Ovechkin, he does it all. Crosby does everything well too. However, Ovechkin does it better.
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya'll ovi ? cant get over it. ? play for cups. ? a mvp trophy. that dont mean ? if you dont win. crosby got a mvp too.like ya'll ? dont wanna give the man credit where it is due

I didn't say that Crosby shouldn't be happier where he is at in his career than Ovechkin. Crosby has had a better overall career. However, Ovechkin is the best overall player. Joe Sakic probably didn't like where he was in his career in Quebec. I bet Brett Hull wasn't happy where his career was at in St. Louis. They were still great overall players even though, at those times, they weren't having great overall careers outside of individual numbers.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yo who the ? is that talkin all that rubbish?

What is false about it? Maybe not in Canada and few northern states but Hockey gets lower ratings than the world series of poker.
    I love Mike Valenti and listened to him today but he's wrong from the sense that hockey is no worse off than it was the year coming back from the layoff. The sport itself is not in jeopardy despite what Mikey V thinks... It may be in the southern states but the sport will continue on, even if just in a niche following. Will it ever be as big as it was in the 80s? Maybe not. But it'll never completely phase out.

I do not think he said it was in jeopardy, but just that it was declining tremedously and the NHL was not doing anything positive to help their cause. And I do not know about being worse off, but I believe they were still on ESPN following the layoff.
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TDot... Ray Borque must have been 2nd fiddle as a defenseman until he jumped ship to Colorado huh? You can't argue that he didn't play for some great teams in Boston. I'd argue he was the best defenseman of his generation.
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if ovi is so great why couldnt he adjust to montreals d? why didnt he show up when he was supposed to? captain? dpnt get me started wit that. ovi gon be karl malone. nuff points no titles
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What is false about it? Maybe not in Canada and few northern states but Hockey gets lower ratings than the world series of poker.

I do not think he said it was in jeopardy, but just that it was declining tremedously and the NHL was not doing anything positive to help their cause. And I do not know about being worse off, but I believe they were still on ESPN following the layoff.

Mike was going on one of his rants and stated that hockey was going to end up being phased out if they didn't watch it. He went to an extreme as he sometimes does. Like I said... I love Mike but he really didn't say anything in that post or on the radio that isn't common sense or that was new in the past 5 years. Hockey is a secondary sport in the USA and doesn't belong in the south. Is he going to tell me that water is wet next? I'd rather hear his theories on what is wrong with Porcello personally because he really understands baseball and I learn a lot from him on that subject.
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ray bourque is a g. cut the ? and dont try to insult my intelligence jus cause my player ? on yours
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if ovi is so great why couldnt he adjust to montreals d? why didnt he show up when he was supposed to? captain? dpnt get me started wit that. ovi gon be karl malone. nuff points no titles

If Yzerman/Federov and the wings were so great then why couldn't they respond to the trap by New Jersey in 95? Do you not watch hockey? Best team does not always win. Montreal's defense and goaltending gave Washington problems. How did Edmonton goto the finals as an 8th seed in 06? Get your head out of your ass. Best team is not always the cup champion in hockey.

Ovi >>> Sid... You want to make NBA comparisons... I'll talk about Robbert Horry and his rings and how he's better than Michael because he has more by your logic.
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ray bourque is a g. cut the ? and dont try to insult my intelligence jus cause my player ? on yours

So obviously you don't have a rebuttal and hence just proved that all your support for Sid has just gone out the window... I'll accept your defeat. Yes, Ovechkin is better than Crosby.
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i aint even tryin to ? on ovi cause i would be lying if i said otherwise. hes exciting, a ? menace to the opposing team etc...men lie, woman lie, stats and numbers dont. when ovi can lead his team past the second round then come bring some talks. when he can win a gold medal then come talk to me. you got 4 yrs and your hero has a chance to choke again. sid crosby is the youngest captain to lead his team to a cup. yes malkin was an integral part of the teams success but you know what? malkin = jagr real talk and we all know how it ended up without mario. as of right now there is no denying that sidney crosby>>>>>ovi
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If Yzerman/Federov and the wings were so great then why couldn't they respond to the trap by New Jersey in 95? Do you not watch hockey? Best team does not always win. Montreal's defense and goaltending gave Washington problems. How did Edmonton goto the finals as an 8th seed in 06? Get your head out of your ass. Best team is not always the cup champion in hockey.

Ovi >>> Sid... You want to make NBA comparisons... I'll talk about Robbert Horry and his rings and how he's better than Michael because he has more by your logic.

cut the ? . horry? that ? a role player we all know that. ? off. the better team wins at the end of the day. numbers or not. edmonton wasnt a bad team they were just slept on all playoffs. back in 95 the trap was holdin up bare teams thats just how nj played and has played. idk why you think you know more hockey than everyone in the world. ? that ? . im a fan first and foremost and at the end of the day.....ovi is on the greens. SUCK ON THAT
  • eastwood
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i aint even tryin to ? on ovi cause i would be lying if i said otherwise. hes exciting, a ? menace to the opposing team etc...men lie, woman lie, stats and numbers dont. when ovi can lead his team past the second round then come bring some talks. when he can win a gold medal then come talk to me. you got 4 yrs and your hero has a chance to choke again. sid crosby is the youngest captain to lead his team to a cup. yes malkin was an integral part of the teams success but you know what? malkin = jagr real talk and we all know how it ended up without mario. as of right now there is no denying that sidney crosby>>>>>ovi

There is denying. I've outlined it on page 4 or 5. Go reread, study up and come back. All you are noting is team accomplishments. Ovi has performed in the playoffs. You act like this kid just disappears. His team isn't built like the Pens. It isn't just Malkin, it's the defense and goaltending too. You obviously are a new hockey fan or just don't understand the sport. Or you have a complete bias and man love for Crosby.