On the hunt for a 60GB PS3 ? SONY

EscoHovNyGo
EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
edited May 2010 in IllGaming
Sony decides to discontinue the 60gb and 80gb models of the console, to sell the slimmer 120gb model .. Now you might be asking why settle for the 60gb ? Easy answer.. Backwards compability. I want to enjoy my ps2 games & Ps3 games. Sony loses money when people purchase ps2 games & consoles because its not its next gen .. and im thinking about copping the ps2 gta trilogy box set aswell as the metal gear solid box set. Nostalgic value feel me ? I want to enjoy that on a next gen ps3

The ps3 60gb is selling for 350-500 because of the backward compability smh at sony

Comments

• One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    its 2010 ? the ps2...cop the classic titles from the ps store if u want em for nostalgic value...

people really prefer the 60gb to the slim 120gb model ?...ps2 days r dead n gone...stop livin in the past bruh
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I still play PS2 games. Some games I never finished (Bully, Prince of Persia etc.). But most times I play on my PS2 instead of using my PS3. Still got the PS2 hooked up
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Should have asked me last month. I just sold mine for $300 with Modern Killstreak 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas. HDMI cables and everything
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I got a guy down the street that wants to buy mine for $850. I have a launch 60GB that I refuse to come off of.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited April 2010
    the 80gb mgs4v pack is backwards compatible as well....and there was a downloadable update that allowed it to play all ps2 games....its the one i got
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    the 80gb mgs4v pack is backwards compatible as well....and there was a downloadable update that allowed it to play all ps2 games....its the one i got

arrgh thats the one i came close to getting.
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    edited April 2010
    The 80gb MGS4 bundle is selling on ebay for about $800 its def. a gem it will be rare to find the original fatboy model of the ps3 .. I knew I should have copped a ps3 a long time ago.

An People wont come off the older models because of the backwards comp, it has more usb ports etc its a beast machine.. An ? paying for a ps2 tittle I already own, sony is just trying to ? your wallets by making you download a ps2 game off the network. In an article they said that they didnt profit off of ps2 games mostly for that reason, they cant profit from ps2 games through the marketplace if people have backward compability on the consoles its pointless
  • outlawd
    outlawd Members Posts: 89
    edited April 2010
    i copped my 60g during the launch too, so im good to go b!

and they discontinued the compatibility becuz they want people to buy from the playstation store. they figure more people are going to buy the games from the ps store opposed to going out & buying actual ps2 systems & games to go with...

so in that sense their still getting their paper cuz more people with a ps3 are likely to download games from the store then go buy new ps2 games w/ a system.

I'd say keep ur eye open on craigslist, ebay & amazon...i saw someone in my area selling a 60g for $350 on craigslist a few weeks ago
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited April 2010
    The 80gb MGS4 bundle is selling on ebay for about $800 its def. a gem it will be rare to find the original fatboy model of the ps3 .. I knew I should have copped a ps3 a long time ago.

An People wont come off the older models because of the backwards comp, it has more usb ports etc its a beast machine.. An ? paying for a ps2 tittle I already own, sony is just trying to ? your wallets by making you download a ps2 game off the network. In an article they said that they didnt profit off of ps2 games mostly for that reason, they cant profit from ps2 games through the marketplace if people have backward compability on the consoles its pointless

4real?....i just might sell mine i got a slim thats collecting dust i could just use that....
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Should have asked me last month. I just sold mine for $300 with Modern Killstreak 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas. HDMI cables and everything

SMH no wonder you're never on, I was like, damn this dude died
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    SMH no wonder you're never on, I was like, damn this dude died

It had symptoms of the YYLOD again, it randomly turned off one day playing Modern Killstreak 2 and a message popped up reading, I didn't turn it off properly. It was also freezing so I made my cash and left it go. I'll be getting the slim in a few weeks. Back to busting jokes online again.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Gamestop got so BC available......but not many....I live in detroit....and I asked to girl to run a search for some for me.....and the closet were in Ohio...
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited April 2010
    My 60GB got the YLOD earlier this month, it sucked. Had to pay $180 to get it fixed. They offered to send me a new one (I assume a slim) for $120 but I like the look of the old model, USB, and memory slots along with BC.

But to be real to anyone that doesn't have a PS3 or has one without BC and wants it....Once you get more and more PS3 games you won't even care about BC, you'll just be glad to know you have it. It becomes an asset.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    LMAO @ PS3 LAUCE again......old ass 60gb cost more then new top of the line PS3 slims....SMDH
    PSP BC>>>>>PS3 60gb....FTW
    metalstorm PS3 80gb>>>>>PS3 60gb
    4all7t78vgb.gif
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010

I have the same one
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    you can buy a brand new ps2 and ps3 for less than that. its not that big of a deal.