Pat Robertson: Haiti "Cursed' By 'Pact To The Devil"

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in The Social Lounge
Televangelist Pat Robertson said Wednesday that earthquake-ravaged Haiti has been "cursed" by a "pact to the devil."

"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," he said on Christian Broadcasting Network's "The 700 Club." "They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal."

Robertson said that "ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other" and he contrasted Haiti with its neighbor, the Dominican Republic.

"That island of Hispaniola is one island. It is cut down the middle; on the one side is Haiti on the other is the Dominican Republic," he said. "Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts, etc. Haiti is in desperate poverty. Same island. They need to have and we need to pray for them a great turning to ? and out of this tragedy I'm optimistic something good may come. But right now we are helping the suffering people and the suffering is unimaginable."

It was Napoleon I, Pat. Napoleon I.

Comments

• Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I wonder if DoUwant2go2Heaven respects this.
  • mephistopheles
    mephistopheles Members Posts: 97
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pat Robertson being Pat Robertson.

smh
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow... a pact with the devil = poorest country in the Western hemisphere. Who knew?
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    let the conspiracy theories begin!
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol Pat gets more senile as he ages. Dude needs to retire from 700 club
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Voodoo is the dominant religion of Haiti. ? said in His word, "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted." (Isaiah 60:12)

Pat Robertson has a point. Why does the Dominican Republic which is mostly Christian get spared from natural disasters, while Haiti can't ever catch a break?

When nations turn their back on ? , they get judged. The judgment of ? is already brewing for America. And when America goes down, it will be 100000000x worse than what happened to Haiti. Believe that.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How would pat roberson know who the ? is he a angel from ? or some ? ..dude needs to sdfu in a time like this like forreal
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Voodoo is the dominant religion of Haiti. ? said in His word, "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted." (Isaiah 60:12)

Pat Robertson has a point. Why does the Dominican Republic which is mostly Christian get spared from natural disasters, while Haiti can't ever catch a break?

When nations turn their back on ? , they get judged. The judgment of ? is already brewing for America. And when America goes down, it will be 100000000x worse than what happened to Haiti. Believe that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

shove.gif

So California who has experienced worse disasters is not? Or Flordia? The differance is their buildings are stronger ? . And Haiti is on the edge of a techtonic plate which makes it the equivelent to lets say San Francisco therefore the epicenter is there. Where as an eastern city to San Francisco may only get a little shake. Maybe you should goto some college classes before you discuss "science" issues.

You should just give up all your talk after this one, you have proven to be very unintelligent and oblivious to common knowledge. May ? not judge thou stupidity, as you judge other with such hate.

Haiti is a largely Christian country, with Roman Catholicism professed by 80% of Haitians. Protestants make up about 16% of the population
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wow does not do it justcie but that is the only thing that comes to mind...
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    how does pat robertson know about this?
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options

Wow. Just wow. Truth be told I was just being sarcastic when I asked if you would co-sign this. Never imagined that you would.

"For He gives His sunlight to both the evil and the good, and He sends rain on the just and the unjust alike." Matthew 5:45

The dominant religion of Haiti is Christianity. Shame on you. Why do you Fundamentalists insist on using Christ's Message of Love as a weapon against fellow believers? You are *not* ? . Just because you are Saved does not mean you are Sinless. In the same way you judge others, you will be judged. Examine your conscience, brother.
  • livefrombk
    livefrombk Members Posts: 8
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I want to know how Haiti's dominant religion became Voodoo???
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Maybe ol' Pat has a point, but I don't believe he had a right to make such a statement in a devastating time such as this. It cheapens the tragedy. I don't think Pat needs to play the game of, "They got what they deserve" and see that they are in need of support and hope...something that Christ calls us to.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

shove.gif

So California who has experienced worse disasters is not? Or Flordia? The differance is their buildings are stronger ? . And Haiti is on the edge of a techtonic plate which makes it the equivelent to lets say San Francisco therefore the epicenter is there. Where as an eastern city to San Francisco may only get a little shake. Maybe you should goto some college classes before you discuss "science" issues.

You should just give up all your talk after this one, you have proven to be very unintelligent and oblivious to common knowledge. May ? not judge thou stupidity, as you judge other with such hate.

Haiti is a largely Christian country, with Roman Catholicism professed by 80% of Haitians. Protestants make up about 16% of the population

http://www.travelinghaiti.com/haitian_voodoo.asp

Nice try though. And that was only the 1st of over 700,000 links for Haiti and voodoo.

And do you think building codes will stop ? from destroying California? Get real. When ? moves to completely destroy America, it will be destroyed. Building codes? LOL.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow. Truth be told I was just being sarcastic when I asked if you would co-sign this. Never imagined that you would.

"For He gives His sunlight to both the evil and the good, and He sends rain on the just and the unjust alike." Matthew 5:45

The dominant religion of Haiti is Christianity. Shame on you. Why do you Fundamentalists insist on using Christ's Message of Love as a weapon against fellow believers? You are *not* ? . Just because you are Saved does not mean you are Sinless. In the same way you judge others, you will be judged. Examine your conscience, brother.

How am I judging anybody? Did I cause the earthquake? No. People ask questions and when they get answers that they don't want to hear, they cower. Again, google voodoo in haiti. Here is 1 of over 700,000 links.

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/voodoo/overview.htm

I guess everything just happens by coincidence? Riiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    livefrombk wrote: »
    I want to know how Haiti's dominant religion became Voodoo???

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/voodoo/overview.htm

Read for understanding.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Maybe ol' Pat has a point, but I don't believe he had a right to make such a statement in a devastating time such as this. It cheapens the tragedy. I don't think Pat needs to play the game of, "They got what they deserve" and see that they are in need of support and hope...something that Christ calls us to.

I agree, the haitians are still human beings. I just believe the Pat is calling it how it is.
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I guess we can throw compassion right out the Bible huh?

Nevermind the fact that he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

I'm more concerned that he has a television show to spew this garbage
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That dude is lying like a ? ...and who cares if they choose to pratice voodoo.
  • Niccolò Rossi
    Niccolò Rossi Members Posts: 31
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well it's no surprise the fundie Christians hate Haiti. Voodoo (rooted in traditional African religion) is a more popular religion there than Christianity, and it's one of the most tolerant countries of the Caribbean when it comes to the issue of homosexuality.

Natural disasters happen in many places, including the white Christendom Pat Robertson idealizes. If anything, these kind of tragedies should show that the loving, paternal ? is nowhere, he cannot be found. Epicurus was right about that.
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i agree, the haitians are still human beings. I just believe the pat is calling it how it is.

CALLING IT HOW IT IS? Oh please.

Pat "I can leg press 2,000 lbs" Robertson said the country made a pact with Satan to defeat the French. WTF? He knows this how? Because there was a Earthquake?

Let's suppose for argument's sake that your mom dies in a car crash tomorrow. Tragically, horribly, suddenly. Would that be "punishment" from ? for "making a deal" with Satan? It would be by your logic.

How about slavery? Was that punishment to West Africans?

What about The Holocaust?
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

are you serious im haitian and most of haiti is catholic
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree, the haitians are still human beings. I just believe the Pat is calling it how it is.

Ol' Pat picked the wrong time to make such a call. If I said such a thing, I better be aware that not every Haitian is going to be like, "Oh, I understand". I don't think that I will be doing any mission work there personally after that for I may find myself dying for a cause that has nothing to do with Christ.
  • king of nyc
    king of nyc Members Posts: 146 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    religion is for fools, thats like saying all the floods in the mid west & fires in cali which destroyed hundreds of thousands white people properties -is ? work for the slavery of blacks

i swear religion is the single worst thing in the world.....
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited January 2010
    Options
    http://www.travelinghaiti.com/haitian_voodoo.asp

Nice try though. And that was only the 1st of over 700,000 links for Haiti and voodoo.

And do you think building codes will stop ? from destroying California? Get real. When ? moves to completely destroy America, it will be destroyed. Building codes? LOL.

Nice try? You got smoked kid. Its fact that 96% of the country is christian. You really need to wise up. And no not everything happens because of coincidence, it is determined by the many scientific factors.