Pat Robertson: Haiti "Cursed' By 'Pact To The Devil"

Options

Comments

• The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Christians being crazy. Nothing new there. And whats up a swiffness how you been homie?
  • blue falcon
    blue falcon Members Posts: 128
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Voodoo is the dominant religion of Haiti. ? said in His word, "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted." (Isaiah 60:12)

Pat Robertson has a point. Why does the Dominican Republic which is mostly Christian get spared from natural disasters, while Haiti can't ever catch a break?

When nations turn their back on ? , they get judged. The judgment of ? is already brewing for America. And when America goes down, it will be 100000000x worse than what happened to Haiti. Believe that.

x2. It may not be the politically correct thing to say but its true.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When ? moves to completely destroy America, it will be destroyed. Building codes? LOL.

Well in that case allow me to be the first to praise ? for destroying America, thus avenging tens of millions of murdered Africans, Native Americans, Palestinians, Filipinos, Latin Americans, etc, in addition to all the nations we have toppled for the sake of empire over the years. All empires defame ? by seeking to be All Powerful. Thus, all empires are cursed and doomed to meet a bitter end.

But knowing you, you probably think ? will destroy America for....letting women wear mini skirts. And not executing homosexuals.
  • blue falcon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    are you serious im haitian and most of haiti is catholic

However Haitians mix their catholicism in with vodoo practices. They do this also in Panama and many other countries in the carribean.
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options
    However Haitians mix their catholicism in with vodoo practices. They do this also in Panama and many other countries in the carribean.

Some. Not all. I bet you Roman Catholic churches in Haiti have better attendance than their American counterparts.
  • blue falcon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well it's no surprise the fundie Christians hate Haiti. Voodoo (rooted in traditional African religion) is a more popular religion there than Christianity, and it's one of the most tolerant countries of the Caribbean when it comes to the issue of homosexuality.

Natural disasters happen in many places, including the white Christendom Pat Robertson idealizes. If anything, these kind of tragedies should show that the loving, paternal ? is nowhere, he cannot be found. Epicurus was right about that.

Who says we hate Haiti? We are simply espousing the truth that Haiti is a wicked nation that openly practices witchcraft and has suffered greatly for it. As far as being tolerant of homosexuals that really has nothing to do with anything. We don't think Islam is right and Islamic countires like Iran ? ? on the regular.

We don't deny that natural disasters happen in "christian" nations but when you look at the long stream of misfortune that has befallen Haiti isn't an accident when you take into accont their wickedness.

No it doesn't you assume that ? doesn't have a morally sufficient reason for allow or causing things to happen. In which you and Epicrus would be wrong.
  • blue falcon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Some. Not all. I bet you Roman Catholic churches in Haiti have better attendance than their American counterparts.

For the most part yes they do. And so what I'm not a catholic and church attendance doesn't denote being a chrisitian. My friend would go to church on sunday morning then go to a club called Sin that night. Going to church doesn't make you a good christian.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Who says we hate Haiti? We are simply espousing the truth that Haiti is a wicked nation that openly practices witchcraft and has suffered greatly for it. As far as being tolerant of homosexuals that really has nothing to do with anything. We don't think Islam is right and Islamic countires like Iran ? ? on the regular.

We don't deny that natural disasters happen in "christian" nations but when you look at the long stream of misfortune that has befallen Haiti isn't an accident when you take into accont their wickedness.

No it doesn't you assume that ? doesn't have a morally sufficient reason for allow or causing things to happen. In which you and Epicrus would be wrong.

So being on the edge of a techtonic plate and a haven for hurricanes has nothing to do with it?

And what does going to club have to do with not being christian? I did not know that was not allowed. Did Jesus say we cant goto clubs no more?

You crazies are not even listening to Jesus let alone science. All that religion has done for you all and many other is cause hate and judgement upon people. Jesus wanted none of that.

An who is "WE" do y'all have some sort of cult. Like do y'all have to believe in the same thing (beliefs)?

And many Americans goto church every Sunday and commit sins everyday. You have no point.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have another question for you ? tunes.
    Does ? punish individuals? or does he really look at nations as an individual?
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For the most part yes they do. And so what I'm not a catholic and church attendance doesn't denote being a chrisitian. My friend would go to church on sunday morning then go to a club called Sin that night. Going to church doesn't make you a good christian.

Ok apparently the IC said a moderator has to approve my reply or something so let me post this again:

Not all regular churchgoers are faithful Christians.

But all faithful Christians are regular churchgoers.

Bishops and priests in Haiti probably spend ALOT of time discouraging the practice of Voodoo.

And BTW there's plenty of Voodoo in the Dominican Republic. So there goes the entire rationale for Pat and ImafundamentalistRU?'s "thinking".
  • blue falcon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So being on the edge of a techtonic plate and a haven for hurricanes has nothing to do with it?

And what does going to club have to do with not being christian? I did not know that was not allowed. Did Jesus say we cant goto clubs no more?

You crazies are not even listening to Jesus let alone science. All that religion has done for you all and many other is cause hate and judgement upon people. Jesus wanted none of that.

An who is "WE" do y'all have some sort of cult. Like do y'all have to believe in the same thing (beliefs)?

And many Americans goto church every Sunday and commit sins everyday. You have no point.

1. The Dominicain Republic is right there next to em and they didn't get messed up. And the earthquake as well as just Haiti's desparate poverty and political corruption and the numerous problems there only shows that ? has indeed cursed that land for their wicked practices.

2. It has to do with what you surround yourself with. Jesus said that we should walk according to the spirit and not the flesh. So when people are at the club, getting ? , cursing and ? but then going to church the next day or after church going to the club and doing said things only proves one thing. THey are hypocrites and not christians or at the very least backslidden.

3. How are we not listening to Jesus. Nations that practiced the same kind of wickedness in the bible normally were destroyed by ? in the bible with disasters, economic downfall, wicked rulers etc. The only thing keeping america afloat aside from its role in the endtimes scenario is that (atleast I believe) we send out the most christian missionaries in the world. But as you can see Americas time is dwindling. We aren't "hating" anybody but as far as judging them. If Jesus didn't want us to judge why did he say "Judge not in appearance but JUDGE RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT". I'm sure you will pull out Matthew 7 "Judge not lest ye be judged" but read on to Matthew 7:5, we see Jesus is talking about judging HYPOCRITICAL judgement. I can't be in the club getting ? and then the next night go out and street preach against that.

4. 1 Corinthians 1:10 - Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Cult no, but should we all believe nad speak the samethings. ABSOLUTELY.

5. That doesn't mean that every american is a chrisitan. Christians should not be sinning.
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I see these wacka-dos are back right on the IC spreading their "Damn you if you're not a Christian message"

I can't imagine WHY anyone doesn't respect them.... :niggaplease:
  • getchamoneyrigh
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. The Dominicain Republic is right there next to em and they didn't get messed up. And the earthquake as well as just Haiti's desparate poverty and political corruption and the numerous problems there only shows that ? has indeed cursed that land for their wicked practices.

2. It has to do with what you surround yourself with. Jesus said that we should walk according to the spirit and not the flesh. So when people are at the club, getting ? , cursing and ? but then going to church the next day or after church going to the club and doing said things only proves one thing. THey are hypocrites and not christians or at the very least backslidden.

3. How are we not listening to Jesus. Nations that practiced the same kind of wickedness in the bible normally were destroyed by ? in the bible with disasters, economic downfall, wicked rulers etc. The only thing keeping america afloat aside from its role in the endtimes scenario is that (atleast I believe) we send out the most christian missionaries in the world. But as you can see Americas time is dwindling. We aren't "hating" anybody but as far as judging them. If Jesus didn't want us to judge why did he say "Judge not in appearance but JUDGE RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT". I'm sure you will pull out Matthew 7 "Judge not lest ye be judged" but read on to Matthew 7:5, we see Jesus is talking about judging HYPOCRITICAL judgement. I can't be in the club getting ? and then the next night go out and street preach against that.

4. 1 Corinthians 1:10 - Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Cult no, but should we all believe nad speak the samethings. ABSOLUTELY.

5. That doesn't mean that every american is a chrisitan. Christians should not be sinning.

1. The dominican Republic is A. out of the way of Hurricanes for the most part as it revolves from the west up through the golf or west to north east. B. They are not on the edge of the plate. They are the equivlant to an eastern city of San Francisco that will get the epicenter of the shock. The shock will be much less in DR or that eastern city. As I have explained previously on this thread.

2. Surround yourself with? People are born poor, they have no choice who their fellow nation members are. Thats just an idiotic statement.

3. No another falsehood. This has been proven in time most of the bible stories of fire and brimstone ect. are due to natural disasters such as volcanos.

4. So then Haiti is no differant than America. I agree Next.

5. You sinned about 4 times in this thread already. BAM! Not to mention the greatest sin of essentially blaming ? for killing 50000 people. That makes you feel good or something?
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options

Oh for the....

LOOK, VOODOO IS IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, VOODOO IS IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, VOODOO IS IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.

http://dr1.com/articles/voodoo.shtml

And WTF? The Domincian Republic don't got problems? Gee, let's see....

After three centuries of Spanish rule, with French and Haitian interludes, the country became independent in 1821 but was quickly taken over by Haiti. It regained independence in 1844, but mostly suffered political turmoil and tyranny, and as well a brief return to Spanish rule, over the next 72 years. United States occupation 1916–24 and a subsequent, calm six-year period under Horacio Vásquez Lajara were followed by the military dictatorship of Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina to 1961. The last civil war, in 1965, was ended by U.S. intervention, and was followed by the authoritarian rule of Joaquin Balaguer, 1966–1978. Since 1978, the Dominican Republic has moved toward representative democracy,[1] and has been led by Leonel Fernández most of the period since 1996.

Oh yeah, that's a really blessed country right there. Constant occupation and a string of dictators. No democracy until Star Wars came out. They got CONQUERED by Haiti, man! How lucky is your country if HAITI can conquer it?!

But the DR's economy is better. Why is that?

The Dominican Republic has also adopted a liberal economic model, which has made it the second largest economy in the region.

Huh. Score one for the free market. Where u at, CMR?!

The Dominican Republic provides a good contrast when it comes to catastrophes, experts said. Buildings there are stronger and withstand disaster better, Merritt said, partly because it is richer and has a more stable government.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/world_us/81437687.html

BTW, I'm from Camden New Jersey, the most f'd up city in this country. Could you please explain what Camden did to deserve its crushing poverty, street violence, and corrupt governments? Thanks. My church would probably like to know.

and dang, son! I tried posting this reply a BUNCH of times, but it kept saying "Your post must be approved by a moderator". WTF? I had to post something with only 10 characters, then edit it and paste my post in just to get it out there. Wassup wit dat, mods....
  • blue falcon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. The dominican Republic is A. out of the way of Hurricanes for the most part as it revolves from the west up through the golf or west to north east. B. They are not on the edge of the plate. They are the equivlant to an eastern city of San Francisco that will get the epicenter of the shock. The shock will be much less in DR or that eastern city. As I have explained previously on this thread.

2. Surround yourself with? People are born poor, they have no choice who their fellow nation members are. Thats just an idiotic statement.

3. No another falsehood. This has been proven in time most of the bible stories of fire and brimstone ect. are due to natural disasters such as volcanos.

4. So then Haiti is no differant than America. I agree Next.

5. You sinned about 4 times in this thread already. BAM! Not to mention the greatest sin of essentially blaming ? for killing 50000 people. That makes you feel good or something?

1. Does being next to a fault line have anything to do with them being desparately poor? no. Does it have anythign to do with their politicians being horribly corrupt? no. There slew of problems in Haiti isn't just the earthquakes fault and its not the first or only problem that Haiti has. They are up to their necks in problems. I remember last year I was watching the news and this Haitian lady was making dirt cookies. So I'm saying this earthquake isn't their only problem. And it stems from their wicked practices. Earthquke or no their overall instability and abject poverty has nothing to do with the recent earthquake.

2. What are you talking about? I'm talking about going to the club not being born around poor people.

3. Normally as it relates to the bible when people say things have been "proven" this just means any old weak argument was used to explain it away and therefore it was "proven".

4. Yes they are two nations under the judgement of ? . And if both don't repent and turn from their sins like Ninevah they will both be destroyed.

5. What sin? ? killed plenty of people in the bible. What is wrong with saying that? ? sent the flood and wiped out the worlds population which I'm sure was more than 50,000.
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They are up to their necks in problems. I remember last year I was watching the news and this Haitian lady was making dirt cookies.

I learned this 2 years ago when a Haitian missionary came to our church and talked about it. Its clay. They're so poor, they feed their children clay. That's what its like when 80% of the country lives below the poverty line.

Compare that to the Dominican Republic, where a mere..........42% of the population lives below the poverty line.

Huh.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Really poiintless to agrue with someone who believes that ? controls everything like a puppet. Also, takes everything in the Bible as truth even though it has been rewritten by man a million times. I just hope that you can sleep at night knowing your ? kills millions of innocent people, his own children. Thats not my ? .
  • blue falcon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Really poiintless to agrue with someone who believes that ? controls everything like a puppet. Also, takes everything in the Bible as truth even though it has been rewritten by man a million times. I just hope that you can sleep at night knowing your ? kills millions of innocent people, his own children. Thats not my ? .

When was it rewritten and by whom?
  • getchamoneyrigh
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When was it rewritten and by whom?

Lol. Wow. Im done. Whatever gets you through life man.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I just found it funny that if you consider that to be true, it basically goes like this.

Devil saves haiti from being oppressed
    >years later ? kills thousands of them

I supposed the black American community made a pact with the devil also.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dude is an idiot
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    I just found it funny that if you consider that to be true, it basically goes like this.

Devil saves haiti from being oppressed
    >years later ? kills thousands of them

I supposed the black American community made a pact with the devil also.

Your Grandmother didn't die of old age. TWAS DIVINE RETRIBUTION FOR A FAUSTIAN BARGAIN.
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don Imus reaction to Pat Robertson:

"You know, I’m not sure whether sometimes I’m ambivalent about whether I support the death penalty or not. I guess I do if I didn’t have to do it, but in his case, I’d pull the switch on him myself. I mean he should be put to sleep. How does that contribute anything? It’s insanity."

LOL
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Don Imus reaction to Pat Robertson:

"You know, I’m not sure whether sometimes I’m ambivalent about whether I support the death penalty or not. I guess I do if I didn’t have to do it, but in his case, I’d pull the switch on him myself. I mean he should be put to sleep. How does that contribute anything? It’s insanity."

LOL

Nothing more you can say to that....LOL
  • pharaoh1983
    pharaoh1983 Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Do you see what a senile old man with diamond minds in africa can do when he get a platform...... he spews more hate and nonsense rhetoric with no true truth or proof to it. See the problem is that the white man is still upset that those Haitians ( New Africans as I call them ) chased them Europeans off the island. As far a Voodoo, no I don't condone it or practice it but just because these so called Bible wielding cHristians don't understand something they deem it bad. How about those white christians that say things like Pat Robertson , are they any better than those who practice voodoo. Europeans and their American counterparts have done worst things in the name of Religion than any other group of people on this earth