Pat Robertson: Haiti "Cursed' By 'Pact To The Devil"

Comments

• onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    onthafly wrote: »
    When I knew I was gonna leave my wife I started documenting everything. Calling the police for the slightest ? . ? built a paper for real. Went to work on her mentally and financially. Put her in a position to submit to whatever I asked for.

End result, my daughter is in her room watching curious George and eating apple sauce and my ex is doing whatever it is a dumb ? does when they don't have kids to be responsible for.

I'm a cutthroat type of ? . I went to extremes to get my way. Idk what else to tell you bruh. Be a ? about the situation or do what you gotta do to get your favor my ? .

Why did you decide to end it?

My daughters well being was jeopardized as well as my sanity dealing with a raging alcoholic.

My situation isn't as extreme. I was hoping we could have some kind of 21st century post-divorce co-parenting lifestyle where we get along when we see each other and do what's in the best interest of our kids without letting personal feelings or anger make things bitter.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    yadda yadda
    Society's trap...

They tell you're "supposed" to do this and that by X years old. You fell for it bruh..
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I knew I was gonna leave my wife I started documenting everything. Calling the police for the slightest ? . ? built a paper for real. Went to work on her mentally and financially. Put her in a position to submit to whatever I asked for.

End result, my daughter is in her room watching curious George and eating apple sauce and my ex is doing whatever it is a dumb ? does when they don't have kids to be responsible for.

I'm a cutthroat type of ? . I went to extremes to get my way. Idk what else to tell you bruh. Be a ? about the situation or do what you gotta do to get your favor my ? .

My daughters well being was jeopardized as well as my sanity dealing with a raging alcoholic.

My situation isn't as extreme. I was hoping we could have some kind of 21st century post-divorce co-parenting lifestyle where we get along when we see each other and do what's in the best interest of our kids without letting personal feelings or anger make things bitter.
    Leave her first. May sound cold but just leave. Check on the kids but don't fight for them. Take the time to get your mind right and gradually work your way into being civil with her. Communication is key but not too much. Tell her just enough to give her a scope of your intentions. You have to be cool and collected. No emotions regarding her and restrained emotion regarding the kids.

If you really wanna call it quits and coparent efficiently, all emotions besides platonic are going to have to be severed.

Start working on whatever bitterness, resentment etc that you have between each other now and establish a new relationship dialogue based solely on the kids.

Only way coparent situations work 100% are when both sides have moved on 100%. Get closure and establish a new relationship with her sans intimacy and love beyond friendship
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

Did you call the police everytime she got ? or something?

Asking for a friend in a similar situation, lol.

Edit: Matter of fact, drop your story if you don't mind @Rozetta5tone
  • Rozetta5tone
    charles2 wrote: »

When she got belligerent enough to start threatening harm. Simple assault shows aggression and propensity for violence. Enough charges and by the time you're in front of the judge, the mental state, child welfare and safety are questionable regarding custody with the offending party.
  • onthafly
    edited July 2017

Leave her first. May sound cold but just leave. Check on the kids but don't fight for them. Take the time to get your mind right and gradually work your way into being civil with her. Communication is key but not too much. Tell her just enough to give her a scope of your intentions. You have to be cool and collected. No emotions regarding her and restrained emotion regarding the kids.

If you really wanna call it quits and coparent efficiently, all emotions besides platonic are going to have to be severed.

Start working on whatever bitterness, resentment etc that you have between each other now and establish a new relationship dialogue based solely on the kids.

Only way coparent situations work 100% are when both sides have moved on 100%. Get closure and establish a new relationship with her sans intimacy and love beyond friendship

Do I file for divorce when I leave or do I just up and dissappear?
  • TheNightKing

When she got belligerent enough to start threatening harm. Simple assault shows aggression and propensity for violence. Enough charges and by the time you're in front of the judge, the mental state, child welfare and safety are questionable regarding custody with the offending party.

Yeah, this situation doesn't involve threats or harm. She's just out of it when she drinks and can't be trusted alone with the kids. Not that she'd do anything intentionally, but she gets irresponsible enough to where the chance for something to happen goes up.
  • Rozetta5tone
    That's up to you man. Idk what type of chick you have.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do u know these people for yall be getting married like four years in this ? dont clean or cook i aint know ya middle name was toya.idk i always get dumped i never felt like leavin the person i was with ..u took a vow infront of ? !!
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make decent money. I'm ok with paying child support and alimony. If I try to stick it out and it fails 10 years down the road, I'd be paying permanent alimony for the rest of my life because she probably still won't be working and I think that would just lead to resentment. I'd also rather have part of my income and be with a woman that's working in the long run if we're talking finances.

Move tha new ? in an put tha old 1 in tha guest room get em 2 get along an Yo wife can be tha sitter since she wan stay at home
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh you sound like you have trouble being decisive overall. Nobody here is going to convince you either way. I know its tough when kids are involved...but you gotta start making some decisions and stop analyzing.. Don't leave nothing up for interpretation. And sounds like you should seek full custody.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, this situation doesn't involve threats or harm. She's just out of it when she drinks and can't be trusted alone with the kids. Not that she'd do anything intentionally, but she gets irresponsible enough to where the chance for something to happen goes up.

@charles2

@Rozetta5tone

Just curious, but what do you two think was the root cause of your wives' drinking?

Do you think they were just overwhelmed with the responsibility of being a mother/wife or was it something else?

Were they drinking like this before you got married?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had ratchet babymamas that i was young and dumb enough to nut in....but had to take my kids with me.

at
    t the end of the day......i dont understand the question
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    yadda yadda

Hate to tell you this, but that's where you ? up. Marriage just cause you have kids is NEVER the right thing to do.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel you man.

I got married young as hell due to pressure from my family, my prior religion and of course the wife.

Ive regretted it the whole time but its never sucked enough to go file the papers until last year.

Weve been separated 3 times now. Last 2 times were rough only because we have a son, and hes amazing everything i ever wanted in a kid.

Only reason im still in it, i dont want to split time with my son.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my wife an i got together in the weirdest way..

but once we grew and matured we now compliment each other in ways i would have never imagined.

we have our ups and down and marriage is hard ? work....but it can be very rewarding and its not for everybody.

i would suggest you see the world before you settle tho.

my wife will never know how much she has saved me from myself.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dog, STOP STAYING WITH PEOPLE FOR KIDS.

Eventually, they'll grow up and move out. You're still gonna be stuck with her. And if your kids find out that fact, they may resent you for thinking they was a "chore."

If you're truly unhappy, and therapy/counseling hasn't worked, you gotta do what you gotta do. Who knows: this may force her to get off her ass (your thoughts), and do something.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    yadda yadda

Bruh....take it from me. Get the ? out of that ? asap. It may seem tough now, but it doesn't get any easier. You have to do what's right for you and your children. Don't waste the best years of your life stuck in an unhappy, unfulfilling relationship. I made that mistake once. Never again.
  • TheNightKing
    deadeye wrote: »

@charles2

@Rozetta5tone

Just curious, but what do you two think was the root cause of your wives' drinking?

Do you think they were just overwhelmed with the responsibility of being a mother/wife or was it something else?

Were they drinking like this before you got married?

I think that's been my mistake for so long, trying to tie a reason to the drinking. Some people just addicts bro and ain't nothing you can do to change that but push them to get help.

My wife is amazing and a perfect mother... when she's not drinking. She turns into another person, almost literally. I've held up hope only because of who she is when she's not drinking. Plus she's always tried to do better, just hadn't crossed that hurdle completely. And she doesn't trip or wild out anymore when she drinks, she just becomes a zombie for the entire weekend.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Why did your pops automatically feel like you should file for full custody? Did you agree with that? Is there something that makes her unfit to care for your children?

Inquiring minds.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ? . Here goes

Recap. Got my girlfriend pregnant at 21. We got married because I thought it was the right thing to do. We had issues which are discussed in detail in the below threads. Had another kid. I filed for divorce while she was pregnant and my parents supported me through it. My dad wanted me to go for full custody of my son but once it became more clear that it wasn't going to happen I decided not to go through with the divorce. Here I am almost two years later ready to file again. Just want to know if it somehow makes me irresponsible or less of a man to only be in my children's lives part time and if that's something you'd ever be able to make up for. I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/527906/ladies-youre-a-stay-at-home-mom-how-much-should-your-husband-do-around-the-house

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/536230/lazy-housewife-part-2/p1
    Society's trap...

They tell you're "supposed" to do this and that by X years old. You fell for it bruh..

Co-signature.
  • Rozetta5tone
    She had issues before me. We got together on some bobby and Whitney type ? . I still struggle with my chemical/narcotic dependency but I fight.

She doesn't fight nor want help. She's violent and disrespectful when she's on a binge. She's had a lot of ? go on in her life but so did I.

I would be more tolerant and supportive if she wanted help but she doesn't. She refuses to acknowledge her problem because she is surrounded by so many enablers.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Truth be told and this goes for anyone looking to divorce. You need to plan at least six months in advance. The moment you decide to call it quits you have to start strategizing your exit because he/she may or may not be so quick to let go despite how negative they feel towards you.

You basically have to establish your post marriage life while you're married and without your spouse finding out. ? is expensive bruh. Especially if there are several assets acquired during the union.

I liquidated everything I knew she could grab. Hid money, closed accounts, sold vehicles. Even crashed one. Don't get me wrong you might luck up and have some amicable ? but don't count on it. By the time I was divorced, on paper I didn't have ? but in reality I started a new career, had a house in escrow and childcare arrangements for my daughter. ? didn't get a dime and was looking dumbfounded when she peeped how I "came up" after the divorce. ? is war my ? . Protect ya neck
  • onthafly
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ? . Here goes

Recap. Got my girlfriend pregnant at 21. We got married because I thought it was the right thing to do. We had issues which are discussed in detail in the below threads. Had another kid. I filed for divorce while she was pregnant and my parents supported me through it. My dad wanted me to go for full custody of my son but once it became more clear that it wasn't going to happen I decided not to go through with the divorce. Here I am almost two years later ready to file again. Just want to know if it somehow makes me irresponsible or less of a man to only be in my children's lives part time and if that's something you'd ever be able to make up for. I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/527906/ladies-youre-a-stay-at-home-mom-how-much-should-your-husband-do-around-the-house

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/536230/lazy-housewife-part-2/p1

Why did your pops automatically feel like you should file for full custody? Did you agree with that? Is there something that makes her unfit to care for your children?

Inquiring minds.

He was just thinking about him and his. She wasn't taking care of the house or working and our son got into a bottle of benadryl when I was at work. I think my folk also just didn't like her and felt like she was taking advantage of me.