Should the Mavs just disband and sell the franchise???

Options
John_Blazini
John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
To me they always have a pretty good sqd but can't do ? during the Playoffs. Maybe they should turn into a CBA team or some ? .

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Should of never gave up Devin Harris for J Kidd non shooting ass, It's time to break up the team imo. They should bring in another big name star and demote Dirk to 2nd
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they gotta do something. last #1 to lose to an 8 seed AND last #2 to lose to a 7 seed?
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Mavs tend to be the only team in the NBA that consistently takes losses to lower seeds in the playoffs. They've made huge strides (compared to the 90's mavs) and it seems as though they've reached a plateau. It's not a disaster but it's definitely time for a new formula. Dirk, as much as I like him, can't get it done as the #1 player on a team.
  • usmarin3
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Mavs tend to be the only team in the NBA that consistently takes losses to lower seeds in the playoffs. They've made huge strides (compared to the 90's mavs) and it seems as though they've reached a plateau. It's not a disaster but it's definitely time for a new formula. Dirk, as much as I like him, can't get it done as the #1 player on a team.

That's a sign of mental toughness and leadership, it's clear to me that Dirk aint a leader.
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dirk can't get it done?

did you see dudes stats for this series?

i mean i know stats ain't everything but he was ballin

his team let him down

and san antonio is just a solid team always contending for a championship, especially now that they are healthy
  • 1of1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    dirk can't get it done?

his team let him down

and san antonio is just a solid team always contending for a championship, especially now that they are healthy
    The point is, they need a new team leader or another go-to guy. Kobe was able to figure out how to be a team leader to accomplish wins, and eventually got a championship once Pau Gasol meshed with the team. Dirk is a really good player, but maybe his intangibles are lacking. So whatever his stats are doesn't even matter in the end, b/c the team isn't getting the job done. He's just padding his numbers at this point.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they should sell ? ....but its time for Cuban to blow this team up and start over
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dirk can't get it done?

his team let him down

It aint about Dirk getting his points.... its about mental toughness not being soft and doing the other things to help win games. Irk is 7 ft tall he should be getting 10 rebounds and blocking shots. No Way should Shawn Marion be checking Tim Duncan. No way should Mcdyss get wide open jumpers. N way should Dirk settle for jumper after jumper in crunch time letting the defense off the hook instead of driving to the hole or posting up. Its teh same ? that Carmello does u can get ur points but it isnt winning basketball
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think there heading in the right direction. They just got some toughness the last 30 gms of the season,but they need to make a trade. There tooo deep at the guard and sf position, trade give up two or 3 players for an allstar. Cuban is doing better, for the longest he thought he could put dirk and any four out there and win. Carlise isn't a top notch coach imo, he plays kidd to many minutes, kidd my boy but his lack of O.and reluctance to shoot hurt coupled with Carlise getting out coached and G Hill came up huge for SA.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dirk is the SOFTEST athlete i think i've ever seen, how can you be 7 feet tall and doing pump fake/up and under/ FADEAWAYS from the freethrow line in the clutch, the mavs used to be my favorite team back when they had nash and finley but i realized way back then that Dirk (although talented) CAN'T get it done, Cuban needs to make a trade asap while they can still get decent value for him because as long as he's gonna be on the perimeter instead of the paint in the clutch they will continue to lose, their half court offense is ass cheeks and you HAVE to have at least SOME half-court offense in the playoffs....

having said that GO THUNDER!
  • aneed123
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think there heading in the right direction. They just got some toughness the last 30 gms of the season,but they need to make a trade. There tooo deep at the guard and sf position, trade give up two or 3 players for an allstar. Cuban is doing better, for the longest he thought he could put dirk and any four out there and win. Carlise isn't a top notch coach imo, he plays kidd to many minutes, kidd my boy but his lack of O.and reluctance to shoot hurt coupled with Carlise getting out coached and G Hill came up huge for SA.

I disagree about Carlisle not being a top coach. He won in Detroit with 2nd tier guys like Chuck Atkins and Corliss Williamson. He coached defense. He was a good coach in Indiana as well. I will say he ? up by not playing Bouvois and Dampier more.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cuban needs to be calling lebrons people now
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Should of never gave up Devin Harris for J Kidd non shooting ass, It's time to break up the team imo. They should bring in another big name star and demote Dirk to 2nd

I said the same thing to my brother when they perform this act. Jason Kidd should be some where finding studies to disinflate his son's head nh
  • usmarin3
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dirk can't get it done?

his team let him down

Leadership is more than stats dude
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I disagree about Carlisle not being a top coach. He won in Detroit with 2nd tier guys like Chuck Atkins and Corliss Williamson. He coached defense. He was a good coach in Indiana as well. I will say he ? up by not playing Bouvois and Dampier more.

I think he ? up in gm 3 or 4 win he kept kidd, terry and jj B. the whole 2nd half.There stockpiled at the 1,2,3, cant find enough min for players. Im not impressed with Carlise i think they could have done better.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    It aint about Dirk getting his points.... its about mental toughness not being soft and doing the other things to help win games. Irk is 7 ft tall he should be getting 10 rebounds and blocking shots. No Way should Shawn Marion be checking Tim Duncan. No way should Mcdyss get wide open jumpers. N way should Dirk settle for jumper after jumper in crunch time letting the defense off the hook instead of driving to the hole or posting up. Its teh same ? that Carmello does u can get ur points but it isnt winning basketball

Dirk was never a big rebounder or blocker in his career so I don't understand why you would bring that up now. Dirk came to play last night in the 2nd half he scored 25+ points in the half while playing with 4 fouls the whole time. And he was still aggressive taking it to the hole and taking those hard fouls. If anything Marion and Terry is the blame for this. One of those guys step up and the Mavs would be getting ready for game 7. IMO its time to move on from Terry and they might have something in that rookie that was lighting it up last night.
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • aneed123
    edited April 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Dirk was never a big rebounder or blocker in his career so I don't understand why you would bring that up now. Dirk came to play last night in the 2nd half he scored 25+ points in the half while playing with 4 fouls the whole time. And he was still aggressive taking it to the hole and taking those hard fouls. If anything Marion and Terry is the blame for this. One of those guys step up and the Mavs would be getting ready for game 7. IMO its time to move on from Terry and they might have something in that rookie that was lighting it up last night.

oh Ive said this his whole career. Ive called him Irk for years. I blamed him for the trend of all big men not posting up and wanting to shoot jumpers lol. Dirk has a great jump shot but he is soft as applesauce. U cant win a championship with him as the #1 option. he is a number 2. He takes himself out of games by letting the defense off the hook by fadin away. Marion guarded him and Bruce Bowen and sf with Golden State. Dirk got those ? fouls himself last night reaching in and flailing. Terry saved their ass many a game and series with his three point shooting and scoring. Hell he was unselfish and came off the bench as well. Dirk is 7 ft tall and wont rebound or block shots that is unacceptable. they should just move him to the 3 and get a post up physical power forward lol.
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »

I agree. trade terry and damp while they have a lil value left. Cuban needs to surround dirk with toughness,hes doing better though(butler)
  • magic_b
    magic_b Members Posts: 282
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Should have never let Brandon Bass go. I say trade Terry and that ? Shawn Marion. Sometimes I wonder what we would have been like if Cuban accepted the Kobe Bryant trade back in 07
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited April 2010
    Options
    magic_b wrote: »
    Should have never let Brandon Bass go. I say trade Terry and that ? Shawn Marion. Sometimes I wonder what we would have been like if Cuban accepted the Kobe Bryant trade back in 07

what was the kobe offer?
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    some teams just aren't built for the playoffs... oh well
  • 1of1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I thought Avery Johnson was a good coach. What made the Mavs give up on him so quickly?
  • magic_b
    magic_b Members Posts: 282
    edited April 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    what was the kobe offer?

Kupchak offered Kobe to the Mavs for Dirk back in 07 but Cuban wasn't having it because of his love affair with Dirk
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man I don't think they will ever win, there only chance was in 06 when my heat beat there ass. My ? D-Wade was killing them ?

They still need some more pieces of the puzzle, getting Butler was good but they still anit deep enough.