Terra Nova (FOX)

S.jR.
S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Terra+Nova+TV+Series.jpg

Anyone else watch this?

So I was about to head out to the gym and saw a commercial for it, didn't have anything else recording so I gave it a shot....

2 Hours later..

Very predictable characters, the underlying plot kinda mimics Assassins Creed (Go back in time to change the future) and the dinosaur graphics are on par with if not in some ways worse than SyFy shows.

With that said it might have some potential.. Stephen Lang (Avatar) was pretty good though, the character is well within his comfort zone.

I may give it another episode or so.. but if my episode 1 predictions all start happening, I don't know if I'll let my DVR put the work in.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    JurassicAVATAR
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited September 2011
    Oh ? i forgot this silly ? was coming on. Did they explain why they went back so far when eventually an asteroid is gonna ? off everything anyway? Kind of silly to go back before the asteroid murked the dinosaurs.
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Oh ? i forgot this silly ? was coming on. Did they explain why they went back so far when eventually an asteroid is gonna ? off everything anyway? Kind of silly to go back before the asteroid murked the dinosaurs.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Why these ? go all the way back to the age of the dinosaurs, lol.

Actually, I don't even think humans would have been able to survive back then, there was too much oxygen in the air.
  • Lambent
    edited September 2011
    Lambent wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Why these ? go all the way back to the age of the dinosaurs, lol.

Actually, I don't even think humans would have been able to survive back then, there was too much oxygen in the air.

nvm, just did some googling and found out they were taken back far enough to where the big extinction wont happen until 20mil years has passed.
  • Carlos Loozer
    edited September 2011
    Lambent wrote: »
    nvm, just did some googling and found out they were taken back far enough to where the big extinction wont happen until 20mil years has passed.

I know, but it's still stupid unless they plan to come up with a way to stop a massive asteroid, if not all of their efforts will be for nothing. Either way, they wouldn't be able to survive back then anyway, silly premise but could be enjoyable.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011

i missed the first episode, but this just ethered the ? out of any interest i had in the show
  • Lambent
    edited September 2011
    b*braze wrote: »
    i missed the first episode, but this just ethered the ? out of any interest i had in the show

It's cool, they went back 20 million years before the asteroid, and at the very earliest, humans have only been around for 200,000 years or so, so they have a ton of time to develop, or go extinct before the asteroid actually strikes.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    white people messing with dinosaurs again smh
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Dvr-ed the ? , so ima check it out in a bit. looked corny in the previews, ? could surprise me.
  • Carlos Loozer
    edited September 2011
    HORRIBLE show and the teenage son has to be one of the worst acted, most annoying, and most useless characters of all time. Gtfoh with that teenage angst ? . Lol @ being mad at your dad for not being there when he was in jail for trying to protect your little sister, ? son act like he was just a deadbeat.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I don't think I'm going to stick with this show too long. The premise is ok and it looks like they are building the story towards something interesting, but the family that the story centers around is just annoying.

*Spoilers*

So the father went to jail for basically being a hot head. His bad I can understand that, but they really are forcing too much drama from that.

I mean first the youngest daughter doesn't know him because he was gone so long and then she turns around instantly because he acts like he doesn't know her name? And then he asks his name and she says "Daddy." That ? was so corny.

The son is ready to not even go because his dad seems like he got caught, but then as soon as they get to the place, he starts treating his dad like ? for having gone to jail.

The wife acts all understanding and everything, but takes the first and worst opportunity she can to throw the father's mistakes back in his face. Then she wants to apologize while the son's life is still in danger and while she's got a patient on the ground dying. WTF?

The eldest daughter doesn't have any "Daddy" issues but she's the ridiculously awkward nerd cliche and just flat out annoying.

And then after all the ? , everyone comes out ok at the end of the day against all odds and the family has a big hug. ? like that just kills the whole feeling of the show. Cause now it's not a show about a settlement in Dino Land. It's Prehistoric Full House.

I hate when they take Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Adventure stories and try to force some cheesy family element into them. This was the same problem with Falling Skies. All the Sci-Fi stuff takes a back seat to the family stuff and it just comes off stupidly.
  • Carlos Loozer
    edited September 2011
    Let's not forget the son being completely Caucasian and we are suppose to believe that woman is his real mother. They better clear that ? up soon, say he is adopted or from a first marriage.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2011
    Let's not forget the son being completely Caucasian and we are suppose to believe that woman is his real mother. They better clear that ? up soon, say he is adopted or from a first marriage.

lol Yeah I forgot about that, but I figured he's just the father's son. Maybe that's why the had the illegal third child, because the wife wanted two of her own.

Another silly thing is the kids that went out illegally. Did I hear wrong, or did they say they were 16? Ok, I know older actors/actresses are used to play younger roles from time to time. But how you gonna have people that look every bit of 25 or older playing 16 y/os.
  • Carlos Loozer
    edited September 2011
    lol Yeah I forgot about that, but I figured he's just the father's son. Maybe that's why the had the illegal third child, because the wife wanted two of her own.

Another silly thing is the kids that went out illegally. Did I hear wrong, or did they say they were 16? Ok, I know older actors/actresses are used to play younger roles from time to time. But how you gonna have people that look every bit of 25 or older playing 16 y/os.

Yea i dont think im gonna watch this show again
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    HORRIBLE show and the teenage son has to be one of the worst acted, most annoying, and most useless characters of all time. Gtfoh with that teenage angst ? . Lol @ being mad at your dad for not being there when he was in jail for trying to protect your little sister, ? son act like he was just a deadbeat.
    I don't think I'm going to stick with this show too long. The premise is ok and it looks like they are building the story towards something interesting, but the family that the story centers around is just annoying.

*Spoilers*

So the father went to jail for basically being a hot head. His bad I can understand that, but they really are forcing too much drama from that.

I mean first the youngest daughter doesn't know him because he was gone so long and then she turns around instantly because he acts like he doesn't know her name? And then he asks his name and she says "Daddy." That ? was so corny.

The son is ready to not even go because his dad seems like he got caught, but then as soon as they get to the place, he starts treating his dad like ? for having gone to jail.

The wife acts all understanding and everything, but takes the first and worst opportunity she can to throw the father's mistakes back in his face. Then she wants to apologize while the son's life is still in danger and while she's got a patient on the ground dying. WTF?

The eldest daughter doesn't have any "Daddy" issues but she's the ridiculously awkward nerd cliche and just flat out annoying.

And then after all the ? , everyone comes out ok at the end of the day against all odds and the family has a big hug. ? like that just kills the whole feeling of the show. Cause now it's not a show about a settlement in Dino Land. It's Prehistoric Full House.

I hate when they take Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Adventure stories and try to force some cheesy family element into them. This was the same problem with Falling Skies. All the Sci-Fi stuff takes a back seat to the family stuff and it just comes off stupidly.

Yea, I don't even no why I'd force myself to watch the next one.. smh at myself.
  • Lambent
    edited September 2011

Co-sign, angst is the WOAT. Don't know why shows always want to throw that on teens.

And Tasha should have died, kind of glad she didn't since she bad, but ain't no way she should have survived that.
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    observations from actually watching this, show is ass. Nothing about this show
    was decent. Wasted 2 hours of my life seeing this garbage.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2011
    The funniest thing was my wife's reaction.

5 mins before the show starts: This looks like it's gonna be really good. This might be our new show.
    15 mins after the show stars: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Did they explain why they went back so far when eventually an asteroid is gonna ? off everything anyway? Kind of silly to go back before the asteroid murked the dinosaurs.

Well that's it for me. ? this show.
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    LOL....

I actually liked this show and I'm gonna keep tuning in.

Cosign to whoever said the son don't look ? like the mother. How you gonna have a middle eastern wife, two daughters with "dark" attributes and then have a white ass son.