The only shows for black people are reality shows and sitcoms

Options
2»

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Death at a funeral was corny as ? .. i hated that ? ..

NO

NO

and noone, their doesnt need to be either.
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    why has everyone ignored this post????

beacuse those were great flick but look at the box office white ppl didnt comeout in droves and support it. zohan than all those flicks i bet.. whatever that movie was called

also black films generally open in about 1/3 less theatres than white films
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    you're insignificant in the grand scheme of things tho
    the fact of the matter is it did well and had a black cast

Smart guy was created by a white dude

It had Chris rock. chris rock has that recognizable face and wide appeal he is a regular on the Lenos/lettermans.. and had his own show for years on HBO..
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    so chris rock is the black communities larry david?
    I hardly know anything about larry david.. Chris Rock is the black communities Chris Rock..

does anyone ask the question on whos the white ..Chris Rock or Kevin Hart

What does the "Black larry david represent"
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have to put some of the blame on lack of top notch black actors now a days.
    Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Don Cheadle, Wesley Snipes and Eddie Murphy ruled the movies for a longtime.
    We don't have the same type of young black actors out like that now, most are type cast and are not giving a role in which they can shine.
    Denzel, Will, Samuel, Morgan, Don, Wesley and Eddie could play in any type of movies, that's why they got over alot with people.
    U got most black actors playing gangsters, drug dealers, woman beaters, deadbeat dads or in prison, they can't grow as a actor playing the same roles.

For example Denzel started out doing plays, then he got his first tv show role as a doctor on the show "St. Elsewhere", one of his first co-star movie roles was in "Carbon Copy" in which he plays the son of a white man that had a relationship with his black mother, he played a soldier in "A Soldiers Story", a principal in "The George McKenna Story", a public relations expert in Power, he played the role of Steve Biko in "Cry Freedom", he played a slave turned soldier in "Glory", he played a police cheif in "The Mighty Quinn", he played a black british soldier in "For Queen and Country", he plays a jazz trumpet player in "Mo' Better Blues", he played a carpet cleaner that falls in love with a Indian woman in "Mississippi Masala", he played the role of Malcolm X in "X", he played a lawyer in "Philadelphia", he plays a reporter in "The Pelican Brie"f, he played a Marine Ship Officer in "Crimson Tide", he played in Shakespeare play turned into a movie in "Much Ado About Nothing", he plays an angel in "The Preacher's Wife", he plays Ray Allen's father in" He Got Gam"e, he plays the role of Rubin Carter in "The Hurricane", he played the role of Herman Boone in "Remember the Titans", he played a cop that was ? in "Training Day", he played the role of John Quincy Archibald in "John Q", he directed and played as a Navy consuler in "Antwone Fishe"r, he plays Chief of Police in "Out Of Time", he plays the role of John Creasy in "Man On Fire", he played a NY Rep in"The Manchurian Candidate", he played a detective in "Inside Man", he played a special agent in "Deja Vu", he played the role of Frank Lucas in "American Gangste"r, he directed and played the role of Melvin B. Tolson in "The Great Debaters", he played a MTA employee in "The Taking of Pelham 123", he plays a nomad in "The Book Of Eli" and he played a railroad engineer in "Unstoppable".

Denzel was able to play all types of character and not be typecasted in "Black Roles", that's not the case now with Black Actors, everything is so stereo typical.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I find it interesting that the the creator, executive producer and head writer of Grey's Anatomy is a Black woman. But the show, if I'm not mistaken, is predomintely White. What does that say?
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We don't have a chris rock. The PC police would be all over him.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We can't have creative shows like that because the people that attempt to cater to blacks believe that blacks have limited tastes so they trot out the same BS all the time. And then black people feed into that by continuing to support the same BS all the time. It's a vicious cycle.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    a black guy co created married with children.

and dont you ? ass ? watch the Game on BET? theres your sucky black cast show lol

the real balck entertainment networks are, surprisingly, comedy central and the cartoon network's adult swim. how many white ppl first learned of Freaknik because of adult swim lol
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree with the bolded to an extent. However, the couple of times I've seen a Tyler Perry movie in theaters, it was suprisingly quite a few White folks watching it as well. It's been over 1.5 years since I've seen a T.P film, and I refuse to ever watch one of his coontastic movies again.

White people love Black movies where we're portrayed negatively. Why ya'll think Whites praised Precious and The Blind Side so much?

yep actors in that movie were nominated for a oscar

edit: i forgot that monique and sandra bullock won an oscar for them movies
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    yep actors in that movie were nominated for a oscar

edit: i forgot that monique and sandra bullock won an oscar for them movies

Exactly my point. There is definitely a corelation there. It seems as if the only roles that Blacks receive the utmost praise and awards is when we're portrayed as bottom of the barrel of society. Another example, Halle Berry in Monster's Ball and Denzel Washington in Training Day, both of them received Oscars for their roles.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Maybe some of these high powered black actors could use their clout and muscle to get some black films out there with their names behind it.