'Shock' atheists

1235»

Comments

• EsoEseB88
    EsoEseB88 Members Posts: 38
    edited September 2011
    'Shock' atheists are like the jehova's witnesses of nothing. does it really matter if a person believes in life after death? not really. Trying to convince people doesn't really gain any real advantage. The agenda of "truth spreading", is just like a religion, It fills that space anyways. people overdo atheism just like people overdo religion. If they were truly for the cause, they'd let Non-religion happen naturally and be content with their beliefs as their beliefs..
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    b*braze wrote: »
    rick james had a lil somethin to say about that lol

and that ? got kicked in his chest....
  • judahxulu
    edited September 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    how come whenever huruma makes a thread people think he's trollin?

i dont. he funny style to me but he comes across genuine. he aint on here enough to be a true troll nor does he antagonize on a troll level. irritating? yes. troll? no.
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    I meant he's trying to negate the truth of the quote by pointing out a negative characteristic of Jefferson, his racism... so ad hominem attack on Jefferson not me

Aren't you white and an in denial racist though?
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    judahxulu wrote: »
    You seem rather defensive and apprehensive. It looks like you were comfortable going back and forth with One Spliff, especially after you got his goat. Why then be dismissive about straightforward questions and conversations. Sorry for generalizing, but it seems you guys love going back and forth with guys you can troll or intellectually best by logical or nefarious means, but you play this cop-out "i aint got time for this ? " type of attitude with me. I'm not here to convert you, I'm just curious and simultaneously fed up with some of this intellectual bullying I see going on around here- and you know who and what I'm referring to.....

I appear to be so and so to you because you're misinterpreting my posts. One Spliff is funny and entertaining. I enjoy his posts. And I think it was vice versa; that he was trying to troll me. I was just talking to the brother. I posted in the thread and he attacked me out of nowhere so the intellectual bullying is something you're making up. But that's beside the point.
    I pull my beliefs from a little of buddhism and ancient African (Hermetic/Tehuti) philosophy. Like i told you, if you want to know about that, then read a book on them and that will explain it to you. it's better than typing titangraphs on here.
    Also, I made my point in this thread. I wasn't even quoting you to begin with. Stop bullying me. i didn't come in here to talk about my beliefs with you. We can debate them all day but that ain't happening potna. I made my point and you have to accept that. have a good day
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    p-tavern wrote: »
    Aren't you white and an in denial racist though?

White yes, racist no... but I'm flattered that you like my style enough to follow my work, nh... what does that have to do with logical fallacies btw?
  • judahxulu
    edited September 2011
    I appear to be so and so to you because you're misinterpreting my posts. One Spliff is funny and entertaining. I enjoy his posts. And I think it was vice versa; that he was trying to troll me. I was just talking to the brother. I posted in the thread and he attacked me out of nowhere so the intellectual bullying is something you're making up. But that's beside the point.
    I pull my beliefs from a little of buddhism and ancient African (Hermetic/Tehuti) philosophy. Like i told you, if you want to know about that, then read a book on them and that will explain it to you. it's better than typing titangraphs on here.
    Also, I made my point in this thread. I wasn't even quoting you to begin with. Stop bullying me. i didn't come in here to talk about my beliefs with you. We can debate them all day but that ain't happening potna. I made my point and you have to accept that. have a good day

uh-huh..............
  • judahxulu
    edited September 2011
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    White yes, racist no... but I'm flattered that you like my style enough to follow my work, nh... what does that have to do with logical fallacies btw?

no wonder.........
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2011
    But I will say that if you read the philosophy of Tehuti/Hermetic philosophy it will explain this statement of yours: "Concerning causality and YHWH: YHWH is causality. The word commonly translated as Jehovah or Yahweh is more of a verb than a proper name as most think. It is a compound word made up of three paleo-Hebrew words meaning "is/was/will (or causes to)be. In other words self-generated."

It explains the errors in your religion. Also, if you're interested, read Ancient Future by Wayne Chandler. There's a famous quote by Bill Hicks that puts it into lamens terms: "all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves"

Also, there's an African proverb that states "All is we", summing it all up in 3 words

I'm just saying this now because I re-read your post and I just saw that part for the first time

Buddhist philosophy also gets many of its laws and beliefs from the ancient Egyptian philosophy here.That's why I mention it

Now, this is something you may disagree with and that's fine; I disagree with your religion but there are many books on the subject; it requires thorough research and an open mind. If you have any questions for me, I'll answer them but I'm not gonna turn this thread into a Q and A on Jaded Righteousness' beliefs. Just wanted to point out that the blind assumption that atheists do not and cannot have a spiritual side or belief system is false
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2011
    Edit................
  • judahxulu
    edited September 2011
    But I will say that if you read the hermetic philosophy it will explain this: "Concerning causality and YHWH: YHWH is causality. The word commonly translated as Jehovah or Yahweh is more of a verb than a proper name as most think. It is a compound word made up of three paleo-Hebrew words meaning "is/was/will (or causes to)be. In other words self-generated."

It explains the errors in your religion. Also, if you're interested, read Ancient Future by Wayne Chandler. There's a famous quote by Bill Hicks that puts it into lamens terms: "all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves"

Also, there's an African proverb that states "All is we", summing it all up in 3 words

I'm just saying this now because I re-read your post and I just saw that part for the first time

I don't have a religion, first of all. And a lot of that hermetic stuff is not at all at odds with what I know to be true. You should understand I'm not one of those english bible surface dwellers. The quotes you posted are not at all at odds from what i glean from reading my Hebraic texts in Hebrew with an expanded understanding of the cultural context. Universal consciousness is not at all foreign to hebraic esoteric study. The fruit of the Knowledge of Good and evil is duality. This makes the conscious unaware of itself and perceive its fragmented. Man being a living soul is actually awareness of its own animatio=ng principle- death is the inverse. the energy just recycles. just saying...im up on what u talking about and its not far off from what i be on.
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2011
    I don't have a religion, first of all. And a lot of that hermetic stuff is not at all at odds with what I know to be true. You should understand I'm not one of those english bible surface dwellers. The quotes you posted are not at all at odds from what i glean from reading my Hebraic texts in Hebrew with an expanded understanding of the cultural context. Universal consciousness is not at all foreign to hebraic esoteric study. The fruit of the Knowledge of Good and evil is duality. This makes the conscious unaware of itself and perceive its fragmented. Man being a living soul is actually awareness of its own animatio=ng principle- death is the inverse. the coenergy just recycles. just saying...im up on what u talking about and its not far off from what i be on.

cool cool.... It's just the only thing we disagree with though is that, from what I understand if you see things the same as Spliff, is that you believe a ? , a being with emotions that has a personality and plans/goals/laws is involved in all of this. And that's what Spliff was trying to tell me is that he doesn't claim a religion but when you put a ? into the mix that you claim is "directing" your life and telling you what to do, that automatically makes it a religion. Tell me if i'm wrong though. I guess you would have to kind of explain it or point me in the direction of something to read
  • judahxulu
    edited September 2011
    cool cool.... It's just the only thing we disagree with though is that, from what I understand if you see things the same as Spliff, is that you believe a ? , a being with emotions that has a personality and plans/goals/laws is involved in all of this. And that's what Spliff was trying to tell me is that he doesn't claim a religion but when you put a ? into the mix that you claim is "directing" your life and telling you what to do, that automatically makes it a religion. Tell me if i'm wrong though. I guess you would have to kind of explain it or point me in the direction of something to read

Thats not how I conceive it. Anthropomorphic descriptions of YHWH in scripture are just expressions of those who were transmitting the basic principles thereof in a manner that people would understand. Neophytes take codified information literally. i am not one of those.If consciousness is in the past/resent/future (is was will be) then the implied plans and laws are guideposts rather than signals of a human, linear thought process. there is no cosmic hand that comes out of the sky and smacks you if u violate laws but there is an effect. Moreover those laws were given to a specific set of people to perform a specific function. christiianity, judaism, islam and other derivations have confused this with religious thought. I dont subscribe to my life being "directed" in a fatalistic sense and I overstand that I recieve transmissions of the proper thing to do at the proper time but I AM not "told" to do anything per se. There is an order to the universe. The point of esoteric knowledge is to drive towards an understanding of how to function within that. Books I suggest to understand where I'm at with it are "? the Black man and Truth", "? and the Law of Relativity" and "Imitation of Life" by Ben Ammi. Also check out "The Hebraic Tongue Restored"(The Cosmogyny of Moses - the last chapter- gives the true understanding of b'raysheet/genesis) and " Hermeneutic Interpretation of the Origin of the Social State of Man and of the Destiny of the Adamic Race" by Fabre d'Olivet.
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2011
    Books I suggest to understand where I'm at with it are "? the Black man and Truth", "? and the Law of Relativity" and "Imitation of Life" by Ben Ammi. Also check out "The Hebraic Tongue Restored"(The Cosmogyny of Moses - the last chapter- gives the true understanding of b'raysheet/genesis) and " Hermeneutic Interpretation of the Origin of the Social State of Man and of the Destiny of the Adamic Race" by Fabre d'Olivet.

Appreciate it...........
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I don't have a religion, first of all. And a lot of that hermetic stuff is not at all at odds with what I know to be true. You should understand I'm not one of those english bible surface dwellers. The quotes you posted are not at all at odds from what i glean from reading my Hebraic texts in Hebrew with an expanded understanding of the cultural context. Universal consciousness is not at all foreign to hebraic esoteric study. The fruit of the Knowledge of Good and evil is duality. This makes the conscious unaware of itself and perceive its fragmented. Man being a living soul is actually awareness of its own animatio=ng principle- death is the inverse. the energy just recycles. just saying...im up on what u talking about and its not far off from what i be on.
    Thats not how I conceive it. Anthropomorphic descriptions of YHWH in scripture are just expressions of those who were transmitting the basic principles thereof in a manner that people would understand. Neophytes take codified information literally. i am not one of those.If consciousness is in the past/resent/future (is was will be) then the implied plans and laws are guideposts rather than signals of a human, linear thought process. there is no cosmic hand that comes out of the sky and smacks you if u violate laws but there is an effect. Moreover those laws were given to a specific set of people to perform a specific function. christiianity, judaism, islam and other derivations have confused this with religious thought. I dont subscribe to my life being "directed" in a fatalistic sense and I overstand that I recieve transmissions of the proper thing to do at the proper time but I AM not "told" to do anything per se. There is an order to the universe. The point of esoteric knowledge is to drive towards an understanding of how to function within that. Books I suggest to understand where I'm at with it are "? the Black man and Truth", "? and the Law of Relativity" and "Imitation of Life" by Ben Ammi. Also check out "The Hebraic Tongue Restored"(The Cosmogyny of Moses - the last chapter- gives the true understanding of b'raysheet/genesis) and " Hermeneutic Interpretation of the Origin of the Social State of Man and of the Destiny of the Adamic Race" by Fabre d'Olivet.
    Damn you very elequently quantified the basis of my spiritual belief system also powerful posts brother...
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

off topic...

remember that thread you made pertaining to the current events (at that time, i think you were talkin about syria or yemen or some ? ) and the number 9? whats good with that?
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    b*braze wrote: »
    off topic...

remember that thread you made pertaining to the current events (at that time, i think you were talkin about syria or yemen or some ? ) and the number 9? whats good with that?
    i dont know nothing further about that....it was yemen