You Ever Seen A Black Person Wear Khakis?

Options
p-tavern
p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Fashion Forward
First off, I'm gettin red underlined because I was only told verbally that these white people pants are called "cackys," and right-click spell check aint helping. Anyways, we all know white people love those bland ass pants from GAP or Banana Republican but I can't think of one time EVER I seen a black person wear them ? . I wore a few pairs of them cardboard feelin corduroys during school picture day, but thats about it. I thought I saw a brother rockin some cackys one time at a job fair, and I ran up on him to ask what the ? was he doin, but turned out dude was a Hindu with wavy hair.

Anyway, cackys on black folks is some ? you only see on TV like Urkel donning that ? music outfit or Carl in a cops uniform.

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wtf kind of thread is this?

So khakis are white people pants?

Just as much as the rap game is a black persons art form

So eminem and all other whiteys shouldn't be in it...

With that said, I see what you're talking about

? kreayshawn and ? ? lookin like skateboarders...

Only white people board...

And ? all the white folks on the IC...this is a hip hop site...only black folks listen to hip hop

smh...
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you mean like dockers and/or dickies? yeah black folk wear them all the time. Not no Gap, Banana Rep, or American Eagle, Abocrombie joints though. I seen a couple but they was some whitewashed square ass black folk though.
  • p-tavern
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh ? , that's how you spell it. Nah, Dickies don't count toward this because don't white ass white folks wear Dickies unless they're in construction or some grungy skater kid. I mean the pants that white people who wear glasses and loafers and ? be wearin. Pant legs be extra short too, so when they bust that white guy leg cross ? you can see they whole damn 12inch socks.
  • p-tavern
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You do know ? rockin Loafers tough nowadays right? Especially the youngins.

Like boat shoe style? Or ? like this?

alden-beams-penny-loafers-7-450x540.jpg

I hope the former, unless the minstrel is making a comeback.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Isn't this a thread fail though? JS...? wear khakis all the time. I don't have a pair but it's a lot of ? wit em.
  • p-tavern
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

And ? all the white folks on the IC...this is a hip hop site...only black folks listen to hip hop

smh...

You hit the nail on the head basically. White people can listen to hip hop though, but thats the extent of it. And only ? kreyshawn in the figurative sense. Nasty skunt.
  • p-tavern
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Isn't this a thread fail though? JS...? wear khakis all the time. I don't have a pair but it's a lot of ? wit em.

Nah, I just googled "black man wearing khakis" and aint nothing come up except this all the way on page 4...and I won't even count this ?

7057225-handsome-happy-african-american-corporate-business-man-smiling-standing-with-hands-in-pocket-wearing.jpg

Clearly this was a halloween costume or homie was just mocking white folks at a stand up act at the Apollo.
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As a youngsta a pair of khakis, some basketball shoes(barkley,jordans,etc.) And a white or black tee was the norm. I guess you mean the whole overall preppy look though where the khakis have a mean crease and are highwaters. Couldn't rock with them unless it was with like a button down lo shirt and a pair of rockports or something. Jeans > though.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

smh...

Skateboard dudes wear kinda baggy clothes, lose fitting, but they still have some new age kids wearing tiny pants and ? .
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wear khakis sometimes. But then again, Im a little older and my tolerance for giving a damn what people are thinking decreases everyday.

When you say khakis are you speaking about those male capri type khakis that old navy advertises?

Or just khakis that you wear when going to meet people or maybe a date or somethin?
  • urhinest
    urhinest Members Posts: 210
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? i stay seeing Haitians wear khaki's them and kids in school where uniforms are enforced.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    p-tavern wrote: »
    Nah, I just googled "black man wearing khakis" and aint nothing come up except this all the way on page 4...and I won't even count this ?

7057225-handsome-happy-african-american-corporate-business-man-smiling-standing-with-hands-in-pocket-wearing.jpg

Clearly this was a halloween costume or homie was just mocking white folks at a stand up act at the Apollo.

Lil wayne wears khakis, dro wears khakis...the whole "black boy white boy" swag ? wear khakis all the time...crip ? used to wear khakis all the time when I was a kid. It was more popular in the 90's than anything but now days ? be wearin khakis of different colors too like red/blue ect. But ? ? refer to any hood movie in 90's and thats the exact way ? was dressing in cali. khaki pants blue or black shirt or wife beater rewatch boys in the hood or menace to society. ? was dressin like that in the streets for real.
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Punch yourself in the face
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dammit these young ass threads in the GnS are starting to get ridiculous. Is this really a question? How old are some of ya'll muffuggas? Is everybody on the IC flippin' burgers, selling dope or detailing cars? Professional black men & just black men in general who are past the age of caring about what the next man thinks wear them ? everyday. smdh
    #damnwegot2dobetta
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lmao how is this even a conversation....
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    khakis or khaki shorts can be good for afternoon or weekend wear

cant wear blue jeans and sweat pants everywhere
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cackys .......
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    back in HS all the players who were on that Tommy Hill or Polo/Nautica vibe kept it G and wore Khakis with them boat shoe looking Timbs, even in the snow lol
  • dirtyrodney
    dirtyrodney Members Posts: 556
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Black people pants and white people pants huh???????? I love the Internet. I can see first hand that ? exist outside of Philly too.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yeah.. just purchased some from H&M..
    they fit pretty good.

almost like this... but maybe slightly less baggy.. still dope though
    3130000716-255zoom3.jpg
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "Cackys" huh?......*SMH* ....This dude ? .

.....I swear alot of yall ? need a bath & a dictionary.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    WTF kind of thread is this

i wear khaki's all the time either at work or out n about..and i know plenty others who do...but i only ? with dockers and polo, there comfortable ass hell and fit perfectly
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? said "Cackys" so you already knew what this thread was gonna be like..
  • p-tavern
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "Cackys" huh?......*SMH* ....This dude ? .

.....I swear alot of yall ? need a bath & a dictionary.
    I had the first letter wrong, I would have been in the damn dictionary all day.
    Black people pants and white people pants huh???????? I love the Internet. I can see first hand that ? exist outside of Philly too.
    I'm in Philly my man so chill with that.
    im_lux wrote: »
    Lil wayne wears khakis, dro wears khakis...the whole "black boy white boy" swag ? wear khakis all the time...crip ? used to wear khakis all the time when I was a kid. It was more popular in the 90's than anything but now days ? be wearin khakis of different colors too like red/blue ect. But ? ? refer to any hood movie in 90's and thats the exact way ? was dressing in cali. khaki pants blue or black shirt or wife beater rewatch boys in the hood or menace to society. ? was dressin like that in the streets for real.
    I've seen those movies and clips from music videos. All those bangers were living with huge front lawns and palm trees and ? . Only makes sense they'd be wearin some country club slacks
    yeah.. just purchased some from H&M..
    they fit pretty good.

almost like this... but maybe slightly less baggy.. still dope though
    3130000716-255zoom3.jpg

You can tell thats a whilte boy in that pic. And you said LESS baggy??? SMH
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Chinos, black boys wear that ? in Europe *Grown men swag"