Rush Limbaugh Says Barack Obama Is Not Authentically Black

blaq diemenz
blaq diemenz Members Posts: 208 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
rush-herman.png?w=600

Fresh off his surprise victory in the Florida Republican Party’s “Presidency 5″ straw poll, Herman Cain took a media victory lap Monday.
But one Cain cheerleader offered his support in controversial form. Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh said on his radio show Monday that if the former Godfather’s Pizza CEO were to win the Republican nomination, and then go on to be elected president, “Herman Cain could be our first authentically black president.”

One caller, “Kevin,” did “stop and think about it,” and questioned Limbaugh about the statement, producing the exchange below, from the transcript posted one the radio host’s website:

RUSH: Kevin in Oklahoma City, great to have you on the program, Kevin. Welcome.
CALLER: Hey, how you doing? I’m a first-time caller from Oklahoma City.
RUSH: Thank you, sir.
CALLER: You said earlier that if Herman Cain is elected that he would be the first black president. What do you mean by that?
RUSH: I said first authentically black president.
CALLER: What does that mean?
RUSH: Well, during the campaign of 2008 there were a number of liberal newspaper columnists, and even Reverend Sharpton who were challenging Barack Obama’s authenticity, that he wasn’t an authentic black because he didn’t have any family history traced to slavery, that his mother was white –
CALLER: Yeah.
RUSH: — father from Kenya, you know, was not really down for the struggle. But it was them who said that. Now, I’m simply bouncing off of them. I never get into debates over who’s an authentic black and who isn’t. It’s the left that does that, it’s the Democrat Party and their media that does that, but bouncing off what they said, Herman Cain would be more authentically black to me than Obama is.
CALLER: Oh. So it’s what they say and then you’re just repeating –
RUSH: Yeah, I’m just bouncing off of it.

http://bossip.com/464115/? -sit-down-rush-i-stay-talkin-yang-limbaugh-says-herman-cain-is-authentically-black-and-barack-obama-isnt-because-he-lacks-slave-blood/

Yo is this Dude Crazy or what ????

Im like does this Man what to be Shocking or is he really that ignorant???

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I didnt read but ..

Even negroes say stupid ? like this.. And i absolutely hate when white people makes these stupid idiotic assertions on what is authentic black...but thats a whole other topic.. because he says this clearly with larger motivations than the average white.. ignorant ignoramus..

Not paint white people broadly just white ignoramouses.. ..slick
  • blaq diemenz
    edited September 2011
    I didnt read but ..

Even negroes say stupid ? like this.. And i absolutely hate when white people makes these stupid idiotic assertions on what is authentic black...but thats a whole other topic.. because he says this clearly with larger motivations than the average white.. ignorant ignoramus..

Not paint white people broadly just white ignoramouses.. ..slick

word thats real talk
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    word..black folks say that too...I notice my older black relatives, who really aren't that educated (no diss) saying that about black people from other places...as if American black is the only real black...
  • Hypernova
    Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    More importantly, my mama used to talk about Godfather's pizza being the ? . They don't have any in the local area now though
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Good to see a real authority on blackness is commenting on the subject.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    this is laughable. funny how some blacks have the same outlook on the president as some of these ? members...oh well, that should tell u our state.

and wtf does slavery have to do with being black? im a descendant of slaves but if i met some black ass sudanese ? (whose fam didnt go through slavery) am i supposed to say "he aint black he is just darkskinned"?
  • blaq diemenz
    edited September 2011
    Good to see a real authority on blackness is commenting on the subject.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • blaq diemenz
    edited September 2011
    word..black folks say that too...I notice my older black relatives, who really aren't that educated (no diss) saying that about black people from other places...as if American black is the only real black...

but u know whats bugged out is when Black people from other contries considered themselves not black and only afrrican americans are black
  • blaq diemenz
    edited September 2011
    gns wrote: »
    this is laughable. funny how some blacks have the same outlook on the president as some of these ? members...oh well, that should tell u our state.

and wtf does slavery have to do with being black? im a descendant of slaves but if i met some black ass sudanese ? (whose fam didnt go through slavery) am i supposed to say "he aint black he is just darkskinned"?

Word, an you know in Kenya the treatment they had oppresion the wars over there b/c of the oppresion man its crazy when idiots say idiotic statmentss.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    but u know whats bugged out is when Black people from other contries considered themselves not black and only afrrican americans are black

its semantics.. because "BLACK" is an american western term.. they dont think of themselves as black but where they are from .. I guess they dont want to be associated with the negative connotations.. and projections of "BLACK"

however if they do have and understanding that "BLACK" is the all encompassing "header" of the disaspora then thats another issue
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    The bad part is Herman Cain wont say ? about it.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011

it is though and that aint a good thing but it is what it is. every other african can be traced to a tribe and or/a nation. black is a not a racial designation, its a social construct. thats why one can be accused of not "acting" or "talking" "black".
  • judahxulu
    edited September 2011
    its semantics.. because "BLACK" is an american western term.. they dont think of themselves as black but where they are from .. I guess they dont want to be associated with the negative connotations.. and projections of "BLACK"

however if they do have and understanding that "BLACK" is the all encompassing "header" of the disaspora then thats another issue

jus because africans in america accept a term that has negative connotations given by those that hate them does not mean everyone else that looks like them have to.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Only someone ignorant would say some ? like only African-Americans are Black. I'm of Caribbean descent and I'm very proud to be Black. Obama and Cain are both Black as far as I'm concerned, if Obama was in the middle of a KKK rally no one would say "he's half white, so he's ok". Nope, they'd consider him Black, and he rightly considers himself that.
  • judahxulu
    edited September 2011
    Only someone ignorant would say some ? like only African-Americans are Black. I'm of Caribbean descent and I'm very proud to be Black. Obama and Cain are both Black as far as I'm concerned, if Obama was in the middle of a KKK rally no one would say "he's half white, so he's ok". Nope, they'd consider him Black, and he rightly considers himself that.

Carribean people somewhat fall into the same category as they are descendants of slaves too. A little different with the nationalism aspect though....

Black is not a race. it is a social construct made up by some people who hated the ones they labeled. It is a specific designation. In its original intent, t refers to a specific group of people not all people of dark complexion worldwide.

Only someone ignorant would ignore these facts.

Obama is not black. He's Kenyan and Anglo-Saxon. Thats not a bad thing it just is what it is. At least he can trace his roots back specifically.