LMAO @ the Redsox and the Braves

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    ghost! wrote: »
    ? stop...do we need to go down the list of big name free agents they acquire....stop, just stop!!

and your last sentence is funny though!! ha ha

And cant the same be said about the Red Sox?!!?
    ? do you actually watch sports or are you a typical female who will watch some ESPN and then try to butt into a sports conversation?
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    ? Yo Thread Millz!!!! lol

But damn the Braves ? me off this last month. All we needed to do was play .500 ball. Couldnt even do that.... smdh
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Lmao @ this kid gettin defensive,Cubs payroll in 2011 is 125 million

And out of the Top 8 payrolls in baseball Only 2 teams made the playoffs this year(yanks and phils) what about the angels,white sox,mets,twins,red sox and giants?

And the simple fact you are comparing the CUBS the most notorious failure of a team in sports history to the yankees speaks volumes

Btw the Gm who spent money on these terrible contracts got fired 2 months ago and the bulk of these backloaded terrible contracts(Z,soriano,ramirez,dempster) that caused the cubs payroll to be high were signed in 06-07 and the cubs made the playoffs twice 07 and 08

They choked like the cubs always do but dont act like they werent contending

yanks had the highest payroll ever and didnt make the playoffs went and spent another 300 mil in contracts and finally bought that elusive WS in 09

lol @ me getting defensive, its a debate genius.....no feelings over here.

The first bolded proves my point exactly, how can you say the Yankees are buying their way to a ring but all these other teams are spendin money and not even makin the playoffs.

Second bolded, im comparing the 2 teams because thats your favorite team ? ...if im talkin to you and you talkin bout the yankees choking in the ALCS why would I mention the Red Sox who you don't give a ? about?

and LMAO @ "they choked like the cubs always do, but don't act like they weren't contending." So a team that was "contending" but choked big time (they were my pick for the WS that year) is ok?

Now your last line......remember that you said that, because when the Cubs go out and spend 300mil or someshit this offseason I will bring that back too you, especially ? the Cubs still won't make the playoffs next year regardless.
  • MillzOG
    edited September 2011
    yesssssssssss

Baseball thread plat push! ? finally lol
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    $pyda wrote: »
    And cant the same be said about the Red Sox?!!?
    ? do you actually watch sports or are you a typical female who will watch some ESPN and then try to butt into a sports conversation?

ghost! wrote: »
    ? stop...do we need to go down the list of big name free agents they acquired thru the years....stop, just stop!!Like i said..nobody didnt say the yanks dont or didnt have home grown talent..but lets not act like they didnt go out there and went after big name free agents that didnt work out, just like the sox have as well

ha ha at you really thinking you put me in my place....

i made a statement which everyone does in a sport topic and back it up with facts..never avoided the sox collasping....

dont hide behind ur ? ..if u game enough to claim my knowledge is wack, then debate a nig..if not keep it moving because you saying ish..doest mean it's actually reality.

haha because i got the date wrong..i now dont know sports...lol

the things posters trying to say
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    yesssssssssss

Baseball thread plat push! ? finally lol

lol............
  • MillzOG
    edited September 2011

Will the cubs win a WS before the yanks?

YES

wow I swear I was bout to type a full response....but then I got to this part....

BRUH........really? starting from when??? ? the Cubs got swept in 08 and then the Yanks won the series in 09, and if you want to start from now still ROFL gtfoh boy. Thats crazy as ? .
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Red Sox broke my ? heart.
  • MillzOG
    edited September 2011
    lmao yea right, you didn't drop any knowledge fam......Its a known fact that the Yanks signed Tex and CC at the same time both were BIG TIME NEEDS....We NEEDED that Power/BA combo of Tex and we NEEDED a frontline starter, were they just signed because the Yanks could do it and wanted to throw their money around? Yanks signed the best bullpen because it was a position of need (which turned out to be pointless ? he was barely used because of injury and David Robertson (another homegrown talent) >>>>>>

Then you bring up Cliff Lee, for no reason because he didn't sign so that was just filler. But then in your very next post you're talkin about how the Cubs are gonna bring in Theo Epstein who has been doing THE EXACT SAME THING THAT BRIAN CASHMAN AND THE YANKEES HAVE BEEN DOING.....yet you're tryna throw stones....where is your logic "kid"?

Your New York hate has blinded your intelligence.

edit: and forget confidence, thats just stupidity saying a team who didn't even come close to the playoffs will win a world series before a perennial world series contender.
  • MillzOG
    edited September 2011
    no the stupidity is that prediction......IDC about those other teams, how can you PREDICT that a team that HAS NOT WON SINCE 1908 WILL WIN BEFORE A TEAM THAT HAS THE MOST CHAMPIONSHIPS IN AMERICAN SPORTS HISTORY??

That's stupid and it is far fetched.

Only thing I can agree with you on is Andrew Friedman >
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
  • MillzOG
    edited September 2011
    lol GTFOH son how you gon add all that ? after I respond
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Imma Yankee fan but Tommy has a point. Cubs got money they jus need a good gm. Theo would be great
  • MillzOG
    edited September 2011
    Imma Yankee fan but Tommy has a point. Cubs got money they jus need a good gm. Theo would be great

yea they do need a good gm and theo would be good but friedman would be better....but he's talkin about multiple championships in 5 years now and all kinda crazy ?
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    yea they do need a good gm and theo would be good but friedman would be better....but he's talkin about multiple championships in 5 years now and all kinda crazy ?

I don't know about multiple championships but they need a new direction.

What Happened to Zambrano and Soriano?
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    My birds are on a roll. Hottest team in the league, and if im not mistaken, we were 6-3 against Philly. That dont really even matter now, as all the regular season goes out the window. Philly is the best team in MLB, best pitching, deep lineup, great coaching. Its gon be a great game.

Oh yea....? Milwaukee.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    gotdamn it what the ? is wrong with my braves? oh well I guess I'll watch the phillies do something
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Boston Red Sox after the game:

enhanced-buzz-20310-1317305917-10.jpg

enhanced-buzz-19848-1317305865-9.jpg

enhanced-buzz-10693-1317305873-25.jpg

******sees the look on David Ortiz's face and dies****************
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2011
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    The Braves had me ready to commit dat, then i realized its football season and said ? em. I really am tired of the ? from them.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Meanwhile, back in Beantown, Red Sox fans reactions:

14y00N.Em.156.jpg

539w.jpg

The yankees reaction:
    1934694_o.gif
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    joeg28.jpg?w=500&h=696

• Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Funny thing is there was talk of people doubting if the Yanks would even make the playoffs because of their starting pitching and were already putting the Red Sox in the World Series against the Phillies. Guess that won't happen lol
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    ghost had said the yankees brought in fa's and failed

Just like the red sox acquired gonzalez in a trade and signed crawford last winter

the yanks failed for 8 years ,they didnt make the playoffs wit a 210 million dolla payroll

Basically ya'll acting the yankees didnt have the biggest collapse in sports history and like your team wasnt the blueprint for big acquisitions and failures

Just bein an objective observer

blowin a 3-0 lead in the ALCS>>>>>>Blowin a 9 game lead in september

Other teams(95 angels,07 mets,11 braves) blew 7-8 game leads wit 2.5 weeks left in the season

so the Red Sox tried to be like the Yankees...and failed? and no other team in history has blown a 9 game lead before the Red Sox
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Francona out as Mgr per ESPN