Options
124»

Comments

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    chilly wrote: »
    this ? killing me. im an nba junkie. summer league, preseason etc. i need all that. if it ain't no regular season im going to go crazy.

i think these players are too greedy i dont think this season is happening
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yeah because everyone is about taking a 10% pay cut
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ain't go be no season until January and you can't blame the owners cause they trying it's the players that's being greedy
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? disgusting these NBA bout to lose hella fans not me in particular but they came off back to back great seasons nd aquired new fans nd these greedy ass ? cant compromise for a paycut props to wat Derrick Rose said but Iont feel no sympathy for the players
  • INTERNATIONALKIKI
    INTERNATIONALKIKI Members Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    Options
    streetball is better ..
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? disgusting these NBA bout to lose hella fans not me in particular but they came off back to back great seasons nd aquired new fans nd these greedy ass ? cant compromise for a paycut props to wat Derrick Rose said but Iont feel no sympathy for the players

Those feet look creepy son
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    Those feet look creepy son

lls those are Ciara's ( the singer) toes
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    this how we gon do this, ? david stern, ? the players, and ? the nba as a staff, organization and as a ? crew. And if u wanna be down w/ the lockout, then ? u too!
  • Heartless_Mentality1
    Heartless_Mentality1 Members Posts: 147
    edited October 2011
    Options
    David stern and adam silver just said they were willing to give the players 50% of all BRI wit no deductions

And the players said no they want 53 which ended negotiations

Goin from 41% to 50% aint good enough for these millionaires obviously
    Ain't go be no season until January and you can't blame the owners cause they trying it's the players that's being greedy

The players are fighting for what is rightfully theirs. They drive the business. They are the reason for the revenue. They make LESS than the people that write the checks. Do you ? realize that owners get money from ticket sales, merchandise sales, local government funding, corporate sponsorships, stadium deals, and TV deals, etc? Why should the players take a paycut? The game is at its peak. Its never been more popular. The owners had to cut the players a check this yea because they DIDNT lose money as they claim. How the ? can you say a millionaire is being greedy when a billionaire wants to cut into their salary to get a raise? You ? are ? .

Lakers had a 50 million dollar TV deal. They just agreed to give up 50 million in revenue sharing. Then resigned a TV deal for 150 million dollars. The reason they are able to do that is cuz of star players. Players deserve more than the owners. You cant tell me the owners cant afford it. the NBA has more viewers than MLB and in MLB there is no salary cap. NBA owners is greedy jews tryna keep BLACK athletes underpaid. FACT
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? everyone involved in this shti
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? everyone involved in this shti

C/s ? is ridiculous son, this lockout ? needs to end now
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    to answer the question, most people do not care. most sports fans could care less.

the only fans really effected by this are the ? nba devotees.
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    i think these players are too greedy i dont think this season is happening

im not mad at the players. you don't give a ? 20 million dollars and then take it away from him because you are bad at business. ? knew for a few years that a lockout might happen again and still gave out huge contracts.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    im not mad at the players. you don't give a ? 20 million dollars and then take it away from him because you are bad at business. ? knew for a few years that a lockout might happen again and still gave out huge contracts.

then hopefully someone told them to save their money. players from the NFL were telling younger players for the past couple years to save their money b/c they could be locked out.

and if you are a player, you have to realize you (either yourself or alot of other players) are getting enormous amounts of money and you kind of have to be smart enough to realize that it will most likely come to an end. for a player to expect these sort of contracts to go on past another labor dispute is shortsighted
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    then hopefully someone told them to save their money. players from the NFL were telling younger players for the past couple years to save their money b/c they could be locked out.

and if you are a player, you have to realize you (either yourself or alot of other players) are getting enormous amounts of money and you kind of have to be smart enough to realize that it will most likely come to an end. for a player to expect these sort of contracts to go on past another labor dispute is shortsighted

nah i understand saving your money because it wont last forever. im talking about people like lebron, melo, amare, joe johnson that just signed big contracts and now their team owners is talking about reducing their money. how is that fair? trust me i know nba stars are a bunch of primadonnas that get paid mad money, but that doesn't change the fact that someone else decided to give them that huge amount of money and now wants to take some back. what if there was no lockout, and halfway through next season lebron demanded to be traded, that wouldn't be fair to his team.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    nah i understand saving your money because it wont last forever. im talking about people like lebron, melo, amare, joe johnson that just signed big contracts and now their team owners is talking about reducing their money. how is that fair? trust me i know nba stars are a bunch of primadonnas that get paid mad money, but that doesn't change the fact that someone else decided to give them that huge amount of money and now wants to take some back. what if there was no lockout, and halfway through next season lebron demanded to be traded, that wouldn't be fair to his team.

are the owners asking for money back? as in contracts signed before the lockout will not be honored?
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

its about future deals if you already signed a contracted that cant change it but these guys are going into negotiations and aren't negotiating
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The regular season can still start on time if they get a deal done by Monday.