These kids out here aint scrong no mo....

Options
Copper
Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Aint got no testicular fortitude to deal with school bullies

Mitchell Wilson Suicide: Disabled Boy's Death Raises Bullying Concerns
The death of an 11-year-old boy with muscular dystrophy months after his assault by a bully has shined a spotlight on bullying in Canada's schools.

Muscular dystrophy left Mitchell Wilson struggling to do simple things like walking around the block or climbing stairs. He also had to use a walker at school. Doctors had urged him to exercise regularly to stave off the disease's effects, something that was growing increasingly difficult for the boy.

Wilson was mugged last November by a 12-year-old boy from his school. The assailant was after the iPhone Wilson borrowed from his dad. The bully was arrested and removed from the Pickering, Ont. school they both attended.

"He was never the same," said Craig Wilson to the Toronto Star, the boy's father and the one who found the boy's body.

Things didn't get any better for the young Mitchell as the court date loomed. And the bullying didn't stop.

"Subsequent to the beating that he took, he just lost that spark you see in a kid's eye. He had huge anxiety attacks about going outside and going for his walks and going to school by himself," Craig Wilson told CTV's Canada AM.

“At the cottage in July, he said, ‘If I have to go back to that school, I’ll ? myself,’” the boy's grandmother, Pam Wilson, told the National Post.

"He was very afraid, very fearful that he was going to run into this kid again," Mitchell's father told the CBC.

Wilson's death has raised fears that justice will not be served. The Crown initially feared that their case would have to be dropped because Wilson was unable to testify against his accused. But now the Crown has sought to delay a case while they prepare a written affidavit of a statement the boy made before his death. The case is now set for Nov. 21.

The alleged assailant cannot be identified due to his age but the Wilson family hopes that the alleged bully can atone for his crimes.

“He’s a lost kid. He hasn’t been loved, hasn’t been cared for. We don’t want to be a lynch squad. We want him to do community work with disabled people. All we are trying to do is help this kid understand that his life is going to be zip if he keeps on the road he is on,” Mitchell's grandmother told the National Post.

Wilson's father hopes that his son's death can save some lives in the long run. "I can’t do anything for my child anymore,” he said to the Toronto Sun. “So let’s hopefully save some other people’s children so they don’t have to go through this mess.”

Comments

• Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I feel sorry for them....but alot of pepole dealed with bullying growing up but now they got cell phones so just in case you getting ur ass whooped u can send a text or some ? back in the day when this fat 5th grader caught me by myself all I had was my wits and my 2 feet...

lil ? dont have on big brothers or sisters or cousins to fight for em no more??
    cant take an ass whoopin damn
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah saw this.... ? is sad.. always thought the disabled kids were offlimits
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It is messed up the bully tried to mug the little disabled boy. Come on now...
  • Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options

some bullys just dont care...there was this fat kid in our neighborhood who used to go after everyone younger than him....1st 2nd graders he didnt care....fat ?
  • Kame
    edited September 2011
    Options
    some bullys just dont care...there was this fat kid in our neighborhood who used to go after everyone younger than him....1st 2nd graders he didnt care....fat ?

yeah some kids just dont give a ? ... where I grew up it was the skinny kid who did the most talking and had the bigger friends who would get away with ?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bruh I'd agree that vast majority of these kids coming up are softer than warm butter

but the kid you used as an example had MS

that bully is the epitome of a ? ass ? ...........how you gon beat up somebody that's essentially crippled

I blame the parents for this bullying phenomenon cause nobody teaches their children to stand up for themselves anymore
  • Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if you got a handi capped kid u gotta be extra honest and tough with him on some aspects of life...b/c when they grow up ? aint gonna get easier for them...like ray charles mom raised him
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    damn..thats sad. yeah back in the day you didnt mess with the handicapped kids. because you knew they couldnt help it so you bullied regular kids
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what a ? , good riddance.
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Since the child was sick, I feel like HIS father dropped the ball. He was supposed to go up to that school and put fear in that bully's (and his friends) heart the minute he knew his son was being victimized. You can't always follow the rules...especially when it comes to the safety of your kid.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yea the handicap was off limits. Little ? nowadays just don't care.
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That's ? up, you don't pick on handicapped people...
    I agree kids getting softer but damn....
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Damn. Well obviously Joe Sun >>>>>>>>> dead dystrophy kid
  • Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bullys are just preparing them for later in life, the world aint gonna consider you off limits caues you got the Mike.J.Fox
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i got my ass beat in 7th grade sticking up for dude with MS. Dude name was Mikey, and he was in a wheelchair. folks used to unhook the battery on his wheel chair and when class was over he couldn't move. and he couldn't fix it himself. Then they would laugh and ? . It was already bd enough b/c they would laugh at dude during class b/c he slobbered on himself. I couldn't take that ? no more one day and had to fight 3 dudes doing that ? . But the next day they stopped doing that ? and left him alone.
  • Nobodyz Shadow
    Nobodyz Shadow Members Posts: 134
    edited September 2011
    Options

Yea but then you have some that pop slick since they think they're untouchable. I've seen some bad situations go down behind that back in the day. I do think most folk would still give disabled kids more leeway than the average Joe.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    SMH @ These ? jumping on the "bullying" bandwagon.

That ? was beaten and robbed by another kid.

That's robbery and battery yo.

Next thing you know, they'll be calling ? "bullying".
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    On another note: I like that these ? -ass kids are still competent enough to ? themselves.

Even this young Joe Sun was able to properly contribute to natural selection.

Good ? .icon14.gif
  • Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I once laughed at this fat chick in HS who slipped in a rain puddle while toting a trumbone.....
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »

I feel so wrong, but I LOL'd at this...
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i got my ass beat in 7th grade sticking up for dude with MS. Dude name was Mikey, and he was in a wheelchair. folks used to unhook the battery on his wheel chair and when class was over he couldn't move. and he couldn't fix it himself. Then they would laugh and ? . It was already bd enough b/c they would laugh at dude during class b/c he slobbered on himself. I couldn't take that ? no more one day and had to fight 3 dudes doing that ? . But the next day they stopped doing that ? and left him alone.

props for that champ

hopefully you got a multitude of ? cause of that

almost half of my fights as a kid came from fighting a punk ass bully picking on somebody else that was essentially defenseless

but then of course I used to just fight ? cause I had no negotiation skills whatsoever...........I'd be like ? joning back on a ? , what's up with the hands joe
    Yea but then you have some that pop slick since they think they're untouchable. I've seen some bad situations go down behind that back in the day. I do think most folk would still give disabled kids more leeway than the average Joe.

really?

that must've been hilarious to see
  • Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    props for that champ
    c/s
    hopefully you got a multitude of ? cause of that

most likely not
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »

Son you dropping facts.
  • Kame
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I once laughed at this fat chick in HS who slipped in a rain puddle while toting a trumbone.....

you not human if you cant laugh at that