When your S/O is broke...

2»

Comments

• fullfledged
    fullfledged Members Posts: 238
    edited September 2011
    opiie562 wrote: »
    My girl is pretty much always broke. She has a $550 car payment every month, which is ? idiotic, and is thousands of dollars in debt with her credit cards. She works for a school, gets paid only once a month. Huge chunk of her check goes to her car payment. ? didn't really bother me that much in the beggining of the relationship, and i notice that she tries to pay when she can (ex. movies, dinner), but i'm starting to get fed up always having to pay, or her not able to bring me any lunch because she doesnt have $6.

I don't know how to approach her without coming off as a ? or what not.............

Can she cook good?
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    That ? left coast kev wrote some real ? .
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    You know what, sometimes i feel the same way but the way I see it is she's obviously getting her bills paid and has a job and is on her way to a career so work with her if she chips in when she can whats the problem??
    What you want her to do give the car back?!?! you know how bad a repo affects your credit and if you two get together for the long run is gonna look bad on you as well. Only problem I read was the car and if a $6 lunch is gonna get between your relationship then you might as well just dump the broad now cause worse ? can happen then this....

Source: Experience
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    ? running round here with lent and buttons in they pockets and overdraft fees on they accounts
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I hope she doesn't have a Bank of America account.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    The real questions are:

How does she look? Is she fine?
    How's her head and sex game?

No need to be so harsh on ole girl, she is only 22

she does go to school?
    she does at least have a job?
    and transportation?

All those questions are yes... and since you don't live together, probably still at home, what's the problem?

Your crying because she can't bring you lunch and you gotta pay whenever you go out?

priorities yo..priorities.. I'd say look at the bigger picture, she won't always be broke.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    I hope she doesn't have a Bank of America account.

I'm about to go on a 2Pac style rant about Bank of America...? them ? ...for real...I should start writing diss songs about them like J. Cole keeps doing about Sallie Mae
  • opiie562
    opiie562 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    lol i guess i'm coming off as a cheap ass huh? idk that ? just bothered me that she doesn't really have money to spend on ? . And not just on me, but in general, like she can't go to the store and buy some jeans or a shirt for herself. I guess it would be worth it in the long run, I think she has 2 or 3 more years to pay that car off, i'm thinking in my head, shes gonna be in the same position as she is now. I know we're technically not suppose to be ballin in our early 20's, but its sad to me. I told her, don't you feel like ? not having money for anything ? she understood where I was coming from, and she knows she needs to get her ? together.

At one point a ? was broke as ? too, I rear ended someone and needed a root canal w/ no insurance. All that happened in a week and a half, a ? is down $2000. I busted my ass, didn't buy ? for months, and now i'm back on my feet. Then again i'm not thousands of dollars in debit with credit cards, i only owe like $187 which ain't ?
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    She could have gotten a nice used Camry with about 30,000 miles for about$250-300 a month.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    pics of your ? or ?
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Shake that ? Opie. You can do bad all by yourself!