Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    So receivers dropping passes isn't a valid excuse? Vick turning over the ball 7 times and his team bails him out to win means he's better than Romo now? Man step off the ? gas man, Romo can be blamed for one thing in the game and that was the interception won't even try to defend it, but everything else was in no way shape or form his fault. Vick has turned the ball over SEVEN ? TIMES IN TWO GAMES!!!! I guarantee you, hell I'll put money on it Romo has never even come close to turning the ball over that many times in that short of an amount of time. Excusing ? QB play because you win is ? ? , because at the rate that Vick is going all those turnovers WILL EVENTUALLY COME BACK TO BITE YALLS TEAM IN THE ASS. Enough said.
    *clearly didnt watch the games post*
    lol @ his team bailing him out

at least three of Vick picks bounced off the receiver hand 1st and on the fumble, the rb dropped the ball so no that receivers dropping passes ? aint flying

Exactly, why are cats on here so slow. Dude only caught one part of the argument. I didn't just say that receivers dropping ? wasn't an excuse for Romo. I pointed out that no one accepts that as an excuse for Vick, so it shouldn't be an excuse for Romo. Go back to last season. Like I said, if you watched the games, you know at least a third of Vick's INTs came from bobbled passes by the recievers. A couple more came from him getting hit while passing and/or a defender penetrating through the line and tipping the ball. None of those are Vick's faults, but that didn't stop any one from killing Vick over his high INT number just like it's not stopping anyone from bashing him for having 2 INTs yesterday even though one of them was another bobbled pass.

If we are going to criticize QBs let's be consistent. If Vick can't get any consideration for plays when his teammates screw him, why should Romo?

And it's tripping me out how people keep on throwing out the turnover stat as if Vick has played terribly both games. He played exceptionally horrible the first game, no doubt about that. But yesterday he played well. He threw that one terrible INT, true. Aside from that, he was walking down the field against the Bmore D easily all game. Yeah, that kept ? up and turning the ball over, but 3 of those TOs weren't on him, so they shouldn't discredit how well he played before they occurred.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so by consistently throwing less INT and more TD and for more yards.... romo deserves the same criticism? hilarious
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does monk keep on arguing with himself when everyone already pretty much agrees Romo is a better quarterback than Vick.

And why isnt this thread locked.

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    You're a colts fan. You have no room to talk about anything just yet.

I can talk regardless bruh....Im calling it how I see it
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    so by consistently throwing less INT and more TD and for more yards.... romo deserves the same criticism? hilarious

Who said he deserves the same criticism? Who even gives him the same criticism? That doesn't make sense. Vick gets criticized for throwing 4 INTs in a game. If Romo doesn't throw 4 INTs in a game, no one turns around and said he did. What are you even talking about? Romo gets criticized for where he fails and Vick gets criticized for where he fails. That only makes sense. It also only makes sense that if an explanation for bad play isn't valid for one, it shouldn't be valid for any.
    Why does monk keep on arguing with himself when everyone already pretty much agrees Romo is a better quarterback than Vick.

And why isnt this thread locked.

How can I be arguing with myself if people like you keep quoting me trying to retort my points? And if by "everyone" you mean Cowboys/Romo fans, then I guess you're right, but that doesn't mean much. Yes, Romo has better stats than Vick. On the flip side, Vick has won bigger games than Romo and led a team farther than Romo ever has. Who gives a ? if you've got the greatest stats in the world if you can't even win a playoff game? And I dare you to come back and say that Romo hasn't been instrumental in the playoff losses that Dallas has suffered or that Vick wasn't the primary force in the playoff wins that he's achieved. Not to mention that Romo has consistently been on a team that has tried pretty much everything to give him what he needs to win. While Vick was on a team that responded to his best year by letting go of Duckett (a third of their offensive trio) and and Kerney (their best defensive player at the time). You can say Romo is better than Vick, and that's fine. It's not like I'm sitting here saying it's a stupid opinion. That said, it's still just an opinion. Throwing up stats and acting like that's the only determining fact to how good a player is and always has been stupid.

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Didn't read.

Monk u trying way too hard.

Unless you think Vick is a better qb then romo idk y u still in here postin titangraphs.

• The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Didn't read.

Monk u trying way too hard.

Unless you think Vick is a better qb then romo idk y u still in here postin titangraphs.

I don't watch Romo enough to say one way or the other.

And most of my posts haven't even been about which is better, they've been about the hypocrisy that's rampant in these comparisons. And I swear ya'll illiterate ? are funny. Any thought longer than two sentences is a titangraph. It is what it is. I've told you a long time ago that you believing Romo is better than Vick is a reasonable opinion, so why do you continue to argue with me.
  • major pain
    Options
    ? please romo throws 4 picks in one game and the cheap seats will be set the ? off lol

• major pain
    Options
    Says a bunch of negatives about romo

Then says he doesn't watch enough

Hee Larry Us

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok I been drinking so excuse me if there is bad grammar or spelling. Fact of the matter is, you upped this thread after the Cowboys lost trying to make it seem as if Romo was the cause of the loss, when the only mistake he made led to NO POINTS! Romo get's more hate than any QB I've seen in recent history, Vick really until recently only got hate because of the dog fighting; to the point that a 'Vick>>>>Romo' thread got made which is ? , there is no excuse around it bruh. In every category except QB rushing yards, QB rushing yards per attempt, and QB rushing touchdowns(which are NOT THAT IMPORTANT FOR A QB COMBARED TO THE OTHERS) Romo takes an ABSOLUTE MONSTER MASSIVE ? on Vick in every other QB category, more TDs, less INTs, better completion %, better yards per attempt, higher QBR, better win percentage, and can I mention he did it with less years as a starter than Vick. If you like Vick that is cool, I WILL NEVER FAULT ANYONE FOR SUPPORTING THEIR QB; don't down my QB in defense of yours though at the same time bruh.

I will defend Romo until he retires or isn't the QB of the Cowboys anymore, and will criticize his ass if he ? up I always have, because that is what a loyal non-bandwagon fan does recognizes the good and the bad. If I have to respect the fact that Eli Manning is ranked higher than Romo because of his two super bowl wins, respect the fact that there is no logical argument that Vick is a better passer than Romo.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost closing time
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love Vick thats my ? he's legend and ? are always going to talk about Vick. Vick should have been the GOAT we all know that ? let us down by not working hard his whole career. We comparing him to Romo instead of Montana, Brady and Peyton. Really it time to move on it's up to Cam and RG3 now....Juice!
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok I been drinking so excuse me if there is bad grammar or spelling. Fact of the matter is, you upped this thread after the Cowboys lost trying to make it seem as if Romo was the cause of the loss, when the only mistake he made led to NO POINTS! Romo get's more hate than any QB I've seen in recent history, Vick really until recently only got hate because of the dog fighting; to the point that a 'Vick>>>>Romo' thread got made which is ? , there is no excuse around it bruh. In every category except QB rushing yards, QB rushing yards per attempt, and QB rushing touchdowns(which are NOT THAT IMPORTANT FOR A QB COMBARED TO THE OTHERS) Romo takes an ABSOLUTE MONSTER MASSIVE ? on Vick in every other QB category, more TDs, less INTs, better completion %, better yards per attempt, higher QBR, better win percentage, and can I mention he did it with less years as a starter than Vick. If you like Vick that is cool, I WILL NEVER FAULT ANYONE FOR SUPPORTING THEIR QB; don't down my QB in defense of yours though at the same time bruh.

I will defend Romo until he retires or isn't the QB of the Cowboys anymore, and will criticize his ass if he ? up I always have, because that is what a loyal non-bandwagon fan does recognizes the good and the bad. If I have to respect the fact that Eli Manning is ranked higher than Romo because of his two super bowl wins, respect the fact that there is no logical argument that Vick is a better passer than Romo.

? dbrazil upped this thread last week when vick throws 4 picks and still won the game.....so who's really the most hated? vick throws 4 picks and win a game....he throws a few more in the next game and he still wins the game....romo get praise for beating the giants on opening day.....romo couldnt put up no more than 7 points against seattle......c'mon now cut that stan ? out
  • major pain
    Options
    easy to tell who actually watches games lol
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    easy to tell the stans as well
  • major pain
    Options
    right... again.. easy to spot how ? were HUSH for 10 days ... now they cartwheeling into the thread to point out how 'romo only scored 7 points' .. like he is the entire offense.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well...time for this ? to die
This discussion has been closed.