WTF... Do you think it's right to make your Kid A

Options
Thehighmaster
Thehighmaster Members Posts: 72 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
? at 11 ???

WTF... This is the reason why this ? ? is getting out of hand.. Two Lesbians turning their boy to a girl ???
I think its ? up and this kid will have serious issues !!!

These ? is dumb..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html

Too early for this guy to “choose” what gender he will be??

The lesbian parents of an 11-year-old boy who is undergoing the process of becoming a girl last night defended the decision, claiming it was better for a child to have a sex change when young. Thomas Lobel, who now calls himself Tammy, is undergoing controversial hormone blocking treatment in Berkeley, California to stop him going through puberty as a boy.

But Pauline Moreno and Debra Lobel warn that children with gender identity disorder forced to postpone transitioning could face a higher risk of suicide. The mothers say that one of the first things Thomas told them when he learned sign language aged three – because of a speech impediment – was, ‘I am a girl’.

At age seven, after threatening genital mutilation on himself, psychiatrists diagnosed Thomas with gender identity disorder. By the age of eight, he began transitioning. This summer, he started taking hormone-blocking drugs, which will stop him from experiencing puberty. The hormone-suppressant, implanted in his upper left arm, will postpone the 11-year-old developing broad shoulders, deep voice and ? hair.

The couple faced intense criticism from friends and family as a result, Ms Moreno told MailOnline. ‘Everybody was angry with us. “How could you be doing this? You might be ruining his whole life!”

Citing a statistic from the Youth Suicide Prevention Program, Ms Moreno noted over 50 per cent of transgender youth will have had at least one suicide attempt by their 20th birthday. It was odd to us,’ she said. ‘Even though she has lesbians as parents, this is all new to us in every possible way. We know what it’s like to feel different – we’ve got that one. But to feel like you’re not in the right body was just something we could not put our heads around.’

Fortunately, the family has a vast support system. The couple credits Tammy’s teachers and officials at Children’s Learning Center in Alameda, California, and their religious community, for being open-minded about their son’s decision. ‘We live in the Bay area where lots of alternative lifestyles are in place… and we belong to a religious community that was incredibly supportive. They make it a point when we’re in synagogue to come over and tell Tammy, “Oh, you look so pretty today,’ Ms Moreno said, adding, ‘There’s never going to be enough gratitude for them.’

His parents say the hormone treatment will give him time to figure out if he wants to fully transition to being female or go through puberty as a boy.

Thoughts on this one?

Comments

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    damn. he was already ? up around age 7. plus having 2 mothers as lesbians. Nothing good can come of this.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Who says it's wrong?
  • Thehighmaster
    edited September 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Who says it's wrong?

The Boy Aint even hit puberty yet he don"t know what the ? he like...
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow, so if he changes his mind after a little he's going to look more like a girl? And they are trying to get his ? cut off before he's 18 if he still wants to grow ? ?
    This looks really ? for people who are fighting for same-sex adoptions, which I don't think is an issue, but this gives me pause.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dumbest sickest ? ive ever heard.
  • Westie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Who says it's wrong?

I think it's wrong. They have no business changing his phyiscal appearance like that. He's still a child. Let him get to an age where he's of sound mind and keep his ass in therapy. He has identity issues and 2 moms - there's a problem here and it's not that the kid was born into the wrong gender.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The Boy Aint even hit puberty yet he don"t know what the ? he like...

He's 11, that's old enough to make a decision and it isn't just a sudden transition or demand by the parents. The boy was labeled with gender identity disorder, he was already claiming to be a girl at 3, by 7 he was wanting to chop off his ? and by 8 he was making the transition and even changed his name. This is on the child, I can guarantee that even with parent intervention, this kid would've still changed his sex. He was just allowed to do it freely at an early age without people freaking out. Who are adults to say what their child can and cannot be? If one says I was born a girl but I FEEL like I should be a guy and I will be, who should change that? This young boy did it at a young age, that's freedom of expression and not suppression of feelings. That's better IMO, what if the child is told no, you're a boy, stop it. Then eventually kills himself because he feels he should be a girl? Allow the kid the freedom of expression, if the kid off's himself/herself, it's on THEM, not anyone else.
  • Thehighmaster
    edited September 2011
    Options
    MrsWest wrote: »
    I think it's wrong. They have no business changing his phyiscal appearance like that. He's still a child. Let him get to an age where he's of sound mind and keep his ass in therapy. He has identity issues and 2 moms - there's a problem here and it's not that the kid was born into the wrong gender.

Exactly.............
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think you guys either didn't read or don't know how to comprehend what was said, the boy made the decision by himself, no one forced it upon him.
  • Westie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    He's 11, that's old enough to make a decision and it isn't just a sudden transition or demand by the parents. The boy was labeled with gender identity disorder, he was already claiming to be a girl at 3, by 7 he was wanting to chop off his ? and by 8 he was making the transition and even changed his name. This is on the child, I can guarantee that even with parent intervention, this kid would've still changed his sex. He was just allowed to do it freely at an early age without people freaking out. Who are adults to say what their child can and cannot be? If one says I was born a girl but I FEEL like I should be a guy and I will be, who should change that? This young boy did it at a young age, that's freedom of expression and not suppression of feelings. That's better IMO, what if the child is told no, you're a boy, stop it. Then eventually kills himself because he feels he should be a girl? Allow the kid the freedom of expression, if the kid off's himself/herself, it's on THEM, not anyone else.

Well let the little boy walk around in a dress (I've seen a parent do this and the kid GREW OUT OF THE PHASE) but altering his physical appearance? So if an 11 year old girl has brown hair and always wanted blond (this is reversible), it's ok to bleach her hair? Or a black kid wants to be white, the parents should bleach the kid's skin? 11 year olds are not in a position to make irreversible life decisions.
  • Thehighmaster
    edited September 2011
    Options

At 11 he don't know what the ? he doing... If its okay for people at 11 to make life decisions then we need to be drinking, smoking and ? at eleven legally...
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    MrsWest wrote: »

Yeah.. They shouldn't be making those kind of decisions when he's that young and still very influential. That's a bad move. My kid would be waiting until he's 18 and he can do it himself.
  • Westie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think you guys either didn't read or don't know how to comprehend what was said, the boy made the decision by himself, no one forced it upon him.

So it's a coincidence he has 2 moms no dad and feels he should be a girl? Normally I wouldn't see an issue, but the way this is being handled isn't ok.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I missed the part where the parents made this decision for him, yes ultimately they gotta sign off on this type of decision but it never stated who came up with the idea. He's not going through a surgery, he's being put on hormones to put his puberty basically "on hold". As the end of the article states, "His parents say the hormone treatment will give him time to figure out if he wants to fully transition to being female or go through puberty as a boy." He still has his own decision to make, this is a decision that is right now the BEST for HIM. He's 11, he can make this decision too. He's already tried to chop off his parts when he was 7, wtf does that tell you? He doesn't want to be a boy, regardless of age, it's what he feels.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't agree with this.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ..the devil is busy out chea!
  • akomax
    akomax Members Posts: 483 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    how can a boy raised by a lesbian couple not have a gender disorder ??
    they shouldn't be allowed to have children ...
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I missed the part where the parents made this decision for him, yes ultimately they gotta sign off on this type of decision but it never stated who came up with the idea. He's not going through a surgery, he's being put on hormones to put his puberty basically "on hold". As the end of the article states, "His parents say the hormone treatment will give him time to figure out if he wants to fully transition to being female or go through puberty as a boy." He still has his own decision to make, this is a decision that is right now the BEST for HIM. He's 11, he can make this decision too. He's already tried to chop off his parts when he was 7, wtf does that tell you? He doesn't want to be a boy, regardless of age, it's what he feels.

dude.. shut the ? UP!

This is a child that knows no better...i bet all kids wanted 2 eat icecream and pizza for dinner, but is that good for them? should they be allowed to make that decision...? no.! So how can you vouch for such a thing as a sex change
  • salamerican1
    salamerican1 Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ^^

Two valid points....

But if it were my kid I'd let him go through with it
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    dude.. shut the ? UP!

This is a child that knows no better...i bet all kids wanted 2 eat icecream and pizza for dinner, but is that good for them? should they be allowed to make that decision...? no.! So how can you vouch for such a thing as a sex change

Don't be mad that you guys can't read for ? and comprehend what's being said.

That child does know better. Do you need to be a mature 21 year old to know murder is wrong and why? No, you know that already by 11.

Ice cream and pizza for dinner isn't a logical argument, we know that's bad for your health. The repercussions it would have on the body would be nasty and far worse than deciding on being a different sex than what you are. I was waiting for someone to make an idiotic post like this, one in which makes no sense in contrast to the original subject. Two different things.

@11, if they feel they aren't who they should be, that's on them. Who is going to change their mind? Watch Dr. Phil shows, see the expression these people have, see their emotion, see their attitudes, they strongly feel they should be opposite of who they are. Growing up either they were told to shut the ? up and accept it, use ? against them or they just plain out feared even expressing such a feeling because of the ridicule and hate they would get from it.

The reason these two lesbians are accepting of it is because they are lesbian. They already experience the hate for freedom of who they are, they're already ridiculed and threatened for living such a life style. Why would they do the same to their child?

Is there ANY logical thinkers on this forum? I mean really, put aside YOUR feelings on subjects like this and look at it from their perspective and look at it differently. You or anyone else will not change the mind of one who wants to change their sex, period.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

That child does know better. Do you need to be a mature 21 year old to know murder is wrong and why? No, you know that already by 11.

Ice cream and pizza for dinner isn't a logical argument, we know that's bad for your health. The repercussions it would have on the body would be nasty and far worse than deciding on being a different sex than what you are. I was waiting for someone to make an idiotic post like this, one in which makes no sense in contrast to the original subject. Two different things.

@11, if they feel they aren't who they should be, that's on them. Who is going to change their mind? Watch Dr. Phil shows, see the expression these people have, see their emotion, see their attitudes, they strongly feel they should be opposite of who they are. Growing up either they were told to shut the ? up and accept it, use ? against them or they just plain out feared even expressing such a feeling because of the ridicule and hate they would get from it.

The reason these two lesbians are accepting of it is because they are lesbian. They already experience the hate for freedom of who they are, they're already ridiculed and threatened for living such a life style. Why would they do the same to their child?

Is there ANY logical thinkers on this forum? I mean really, put aside YOUR feelings on subjects like this and look at it from their perspective and look at it differently. You or anyone else will not change the mind of one who wants to change their sex, period.

The kid hasn't seen enough of the world to know he wants to do this.

He doesn't know the repercussions of a sex change, how society treats you, how you are labeled and look at differently.

He hasn't had sex NORMALLY, and now will have a weird sex life cuz he's prolly gonna get his ? tucked or whatever the ? ? do.

He hasn't been in relationships, and might not even LIKE GUYS per say. Who knows? He might just want to be a girl. What if he's still attracted to girls. That makes for an awkward situation.

He's absolutely going to get bullied in school. No way around that.

There are way too many negatives to this situation that the kid doesn't even know about because he hasn't experienced life yet. He will probably regret it, and soon.
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    vibe86 wrote: »
    don't be mad that you guys can't read for ? and comprehend what's being said.

@11, if they feel they aren't who they should be, that's on them. Who is going to change their mind? Watch dr. Phil shows, see the expression these people have, see their emotion, see their attitudes, they strongly feel they should be opposite of who they are. Growing up either they were told to shut the ? up and accept it, use ? against them or they just plain out feared even expressing such a feeling because of the ridicule and hate they would get from it.

Is there any logical thinkers on this forum? I mean really, put aside your feelings on subjects like this and look at it from their perspective and look at it differently. You or anyone else will not change the mind of one who wants to change their sex, period.

im not reading all that ? .. But to know that you agree with what is going on with this child lets me know what type of person you are..

Have a nice day
  • Westie
    edited September 2011
    Options

It is very logical to realize a child should not be able to make his or her own lifestyle choices at the age of 11. They can't legally stay home alone at this age (in my state) but he can decide with sound mind that he should no longer have a ? ? Wtf is logical about that? For the record, I do not care what people do with their own bodies but this is a very adult decision and it should be made when the child becomes an adult.
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mrswest wrote: »
    it is very logical to realize a child should not be able to make his or her own lifestyle choices at the age of 11. They can't legally stay home alone at this age (in my state) but he can decide with sound mind that he should no longer have a ? ? Wtf is logical about that? For the record, i do not care what people do with their own bodies but this is a very adult decision and it should be made when the child becomes an adult.

he just doesnt get it!

He is basically sayin that he would allow and help his own son to become a flammin ? ...
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    he can wear/do whatever he wants, but they shouldn't do a permanent sex change yet. there's no way somebody is gonna know exactly what they want to be for the rest of their life at 7 years old