WTF... Do you think it's right to make your Kid A

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    The kid hasn't seen enough of the world to know he wants to do this.

He doesn't know the repercussions of a sex change, how society treats you, how you are labeled and look at differently.

So you want someone to not base things on how they actually naturally feel, but wait it out to see how he world will accept them? So it's not his life he's living, he's living base on how the world lives? The people have NO say so in how things should be. Let's put OUR feelings aside and think rational, this boy can live however he wants and if he can why ? about it? Live life the way you want, not how the world wants. This is a ? up way of thinking and ends up messing people up. People go along with what's supposed to be "right". If you a man, then that's what you MUST BE. (or woman) But if the person doesn't feel that way, why should that person live that life? What is "right" and "wrong"? There isn't any of that, it's how we perceive things, not how the "world" perceives things. Nature lives how it wants, not how we tell it to.
    He hasn't had sex NORMALLY, and now will have a weird sex life cuz he's prolly gonna get his ? tucked or whatever the ? ? do.

Clearly you're not mature enough to handle this. That's cool though, you're most of what the "world" is.
    He hasn't been in relationships, and might not even LIKE GUYS per say. Who knows? He might just want to be a girl. What if he's still attracted to girls. That makes for an awkward situation.

Who cares what sex he likes? If he likes girls as a girl, so be it, he'll find a lesbian lover. If he's a guy, who will be a girl, who likes guys, so be it. There's plenty of relationships out there like that, stop closing your eyes to how things work in the world.
    He's absolutely going to get bullied in school. No way around that.

Which is ? , but there's no way around it, I agree..
    There are way too many negatives to this situation that the kid doesn't even know about because he hasn't experienced life yet. He will probably regret it, and soon.

Maybe, he will see because this is his decision. Not yours, mine or his parents.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    MrsWest wrote: »
    It is very logical to realize a child should not be able to make his or her own lifestyle choices at the age of 11. They can't legally stay home alone at this age (in my state) but he can decide with sound mind that he should no longer have a ? ? Wtf is logical about that? For the record, I do not care what people do with their own bodies but this is a very adult decision and it should be made when the child becomes an adult.

You ever think some kids are just very mature for their age? I've come across 11 year olds who I felt were more mature than me at times. With that said, this boy can very well be mature enough to be where he's at. If being 7, trying to take off your own damn ? and ? isn't screaming out something, then what more can it take? It's extremely obvious this is HIS decision. We may say he isn't old enough because he's 11 and for the most part 11 yr olds cannot make decisions like these, but again, think, there's PLENTY of children who have the mental maturity that surpass their age and what we attach to it.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    he just doesnt get it!

He is basically sayin that he would allow and help his own son to become a flammin ? ...

Get what? Tell me what there is to get? Your standards? Others standards? Who are we to create standards for others? We cannot attach what we may think or have towards people we do not know.

LOL @ you editing your post to this though...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The basic social cell is dead.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Maybe, he will see because this is his decision. Not yours, mine or his parents.

This is where you are wrong. This little boy doesn't know what hormone shots are without his parents' help. Nor would he be able to go get them. I'm not mad at this confused little boy, and have no issue with his parents finding a HEALTHY way to let him express himself. Injecting him with hormones his body does not naturally create is not healthy. Letting him go through a complex and irreversible surgical procedure to remove/change his genitalia is in no way healthy.

Not to mention, this child is growing up with 2 mothers, you don't think this may be influential to his gender issues? What if it's the cause? What if he needs THERAPY to deal with it? They've just decided to let him grow ? and cut off his ? and K.I.M?
  • Westie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You ever think some kids are just very mature for their age? I've come across 11 year olds who I felt were more mature than me at times. With that said, this boy can very well be mature enough to be where he's at. If being 7, trying to take off your own damn ? and ? isn't screaming out something, then what more can it take? It's extremely obvious this is HIS decision. We may say he isn't old enough because he's 11 and for the most part 11 yr olds cannot make decisions like these, but again, think, there's PLENTY of children who have the mental maturity that surpass their age and what we attach to it.

Saying he was going to mutilate his body does not show maturity, it shows issues. That's a cry for help, not gender reassignment. No child has their whole life plan mapped out at 11, I don't care how "mature" they are. No 11 year old should be allowed to make such a drastic choice.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    King is flabbergasted
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Can't blame tammy.....
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I definetly agree with mrs west and others on this one smmfh
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    MrsWest wrote: »
    This is where you are wrong. This little boy doesn't know what hormone shots are without his parents' help. Nor would he be able to go get them. I'm not mad at this confused little boy, and have no issue with his parents finding a HEALTHY way to let him express himself. Injecting him with hormones his body does not naturally create is not healthy. Letting him go through a complex and irreversible surgical procedure to remove/change his genitalia is in no way healthy.

Not to mention, this child is growing up with 2 mothers, you don't think this may be influential to his gender issues? What if it's the cause? What if he needs THERAPY to deal with it? They've just decided to let him grow ? and cut off his ? and K.I.M?

I see this boy's decision written all over this, it has nothing to do with his parents (whether they are woman/woman, man/man or man/woman)

1. 3 years old, said he was a girl
    2. 7 years old tried to remove his genitalia
    3. 8 years old, makes his own move to change his name and appearance on the outside (i.e. clothing choices)
    4. 11 years old, preventing puberty as a boy

Where in there, based on the article, did you see any verbal influence by his parents? Just because you THINK two lesbian parents = a boy thinking he should be a girl is stupid. No one is going to say, "oh ? , I THINK I should be a girl because of this or that.." They base it on a strong urge, feeling, knowing that they are not MEANT to be what they are but opposite.

Also, I never said that he was mature when he stated he wanted to remove his parts, you assumed that. I can see why you did though.

Seeing as it took 11 years to get to this stage, and they're not jumping into major surgery, but a stage where if he wanted to change his mind he still can and it wouldn't be harmful to his sex, they may have taken steps to see if they can change his mind. Meaning, they may have gone to counseling, meaning, they may have talked to their son numerous times. This article doesn't specify anything but the "controversy" behind it. From there we can pick up and assume all we want, if you put two and two together and logically see this through, maybe you can see a different side instead of, "Oh they're wrong! They can't do this, it's HIS decision!!" etc..

Blind to the article, one-track minded people...
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So you want someone to not base things on how they actually naturally feel, but wait it out to see how he world will accept them? So it's not his life he's living, he's living base on how the world lives? The people have NO say so in how things should be. Let's put OUR feelings aside and think rational, this boy can live however he wants and if he can why ? about it? Live life the way you want, not how the world wants. This is a ? up way of thinking and ends up messing people up. People go along with what's supposed to be "right". If you a man, then that's what you MUST BE. (or woman) But if the person doesn't feel that way, why should that person live that life? What is "right" and "wrong"? There isn't any of that, it's how we perceive things, not how the "world" perceives things. Nature lives how it wants, not how we tell it to.

I'm not saying he SHOULD base his life around what others think of him, but it IS something he should consider.

I'm saying it's impossible for him to realize and fully understand what effect this is going to have on him the rest of his life, due to society. To not factor this in the equation is just poor planning. To not think this matters is simply foolish.

Clearly you're not mature enough to handle this. That's cool though, you're most of what the "world" is.

And you're one of those uptight ? who can't allowed to joke about anything without it being "immature". Chill.
    Who cares what sex he likes? If he likes girls as a girl, so be it, he'll find a lesbian lover. If he's a guy, who will be a girl, who likes guys, so be it. There's plenty of relationships out there like that, stop closing your eyes to how things work in the world.

I'm just saying this will add another layer of complications to his life, you aren't thinking it through.

If he likes guys, and he's now a woman, that means he needs to find a straight guy. 100% of straight guys don't want to be with a woman who was BORN A MAN.
    If he likes girls, and he's a woman, yes he will need to find a lesbian. However, he's still a guy. It just over-complicates his sex/love life.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not saying he SHOULD base his life around what others think of him, but it IS something he should consider.

I'm saying it's impossible for him to realize and fully understand what effect this is going to have on him the rest of his life, due to society. To not factor this in the equation is just poor planning. To not think this matters is simply foolish.

It is, but this is a decision he has to live with. It's more than likely been told to him already.

To think it doesn't matter is foolish, but to know that it will happen because of people's ? up perceptions warped by stupidity is even more foolish.

And you're one of those uptight ? who can't allowed to joke about anything without it being "immature". Chill.

In this conversation, yes.
    I'm just saying this will add another layer of complications to his life, you aren't thinking it through.

Yes I am.
    If he likes guys, and he's now a woman, that means he needs to find a straight guy. 100% of straight guys don't want to be with a woman who was BORN A MAN.
    If he likes girls, and he's a woman, yes he will need to find a lesbian. However, he's still a guy. It just over-complicates his sex/love life.

LOL ? .

Ever watch Taxi Cab Confessions? They had a couple where one dude who was now officially a woman was with a straight dude, he said she is a woman now, there is no parts that say she's a man, so it's okay.

Not 100% of straight dudes are like that LOL @ your "scientific" thought, where did you get your info from? You and your friends aren't 100% of men...
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    not my child not my problem

i bet his biological parents glad as ? now they gave that ? up

especially his pappy
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol at people choosing their gender
  • coop9889
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ever watch Taxi Cab Confessions? They had a couple where one dude who was now officially a woman was with a straight dude, he said she is a woman now, there is no parts that say she's a man, so it's okay.

Not 100% of straight dudes are like that LOL @ your "scientific" thought, where did you get your info from? You and your friends aren't 100% of men...

Nah ? that.

That ? isn't 100% straight.

YOU ARE NOT 100% STRAIGHT IF YOU ARE WILLINGLY WITH A "WOMAN" WHO IS REALLY A MAN.

That man-? doesn't have a ? .

You're a straight man, right? Would you be with a man who changed to a woman?
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nah ? that.

That ? isn't 100% straight.

YOU ARE NOT 100% STRAIGHT IF YOU ARE WILLINGLY WITH A "WOMAN" WHO IS REALLY A MAN.

That man-? doesn't have a ? .

You're a straight man, right? Would you be with a man who changed to a woman?

The man-? made the decision to go through with surgery to have a "? ".

Yes, I am straight and no I wouldn't. The reason is because I THINK differently. Some can look past the past and be with what now is a woman, I couldn't. You cannot assume anything further than that for ALL men. What survey have you read to come to this conclusion?
  • coop9889
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The man-? made the decision to go through with surgery to have a "? ".

Yes, I am straight and no I wouldn't. The reason is because I THINK differently. Some can look past the past and be with what now is a woman, I couldn't. You cannot assume anything further than that for ALL men. What survey have you read to come to this conclusion?

No, there is no surgery that can give a man a ? . You cant just up and take a ? off a woman and place it on a guy. I am willing to bet that w/e the ? he got going on down there doesn't look like a ? .

NH at this discussion damn.

And who the ? needs a survey for something thats common knowledge. And whats to say that survey would be any more reputable than my opinion? I would fall into the demographic that they would be surveying anyways... and you would too. So that's 2 for 2 right there. Bet everyone on this board that's straight would say they wouldn't do it either.

That fact that you think a guy can willingly be with a ? and still be 100% straight is ridiculous.

I'll agree to disagree.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't help my child get a sex change for the same reason I wouldn't help my daughter get a ? or nose job. That is a life changing decision that they can make on their own as an adult.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    I wouldn't help my child get a sex change for the same reason I wouldn't help my daughter get a ? or nose job. That is a life changing decision that they can make on their own as an adult.

Who helped this child get a 'sex change'? No one as far as I'm concerned. I do see though that the fact remains, he's being put on some sort of "hold" so that HE, HIMSELF, THE BOY, can later make the decision, as the article states.

Jeez, really people?
  • Westie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No, there is no surgery that can give a man a ? . You cant just up and take a ? off a woman and place it on a guy. I am willing to bet that w/e the ? he got going on down there doesn't look like a ? .

NH at this discussion damn.

And who the ? needs a survey for something thats common knowledge. And whats to say that survey would be any more reputable than my opinion? I would fall into the demographic that they would be surveying anyways... and you would too. So that's 2 for 2 right there. Bet everyone on this board that's straight would say they wouldn't do it either.

That fact that you think a guy can willingly be with a ? and still be 100% straight is ridiculous.

I'll agree to disagree.

They take the ? and turn it into a ? . Idk what it looks like or what they throw away though.

This is getting grosser as I type. Anyway...
  • Westie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Who helped this child get a 'sex change'? No one as far as I'm concerned. I do see though that the fact remains, he's being put on some sort of "hold" so that HE, HIMSELF, THE BOY, can later make the decision, as the article states.

Jeez, really people?

They're giving the kid until he hits puberty to decide if he wants to cut his ? off.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Whoa slow down tiger..I was just saying.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »
    Lol at people choosing their gender

Lol at people thinkin gender and sex are the same thing
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »